• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuneScape |OT|

t-ramp

Been doing some fishing lately - think I'm going to go for 99 (it would only be my second). I learned how to play Fish Flingers, which is kind of fun. However, I'm doing a lot better just freeloading off of other's hints rather than actually trying to figure out the combinations myself. It would be interesting if there were a bonus for finding the 100% combination first for each spot.

I also did a hard Treasure Trails clue the other day. That was a shitshow, especially the part where I had to get to the Troll Stronghold entrance, which I couldn't really remember how to do.

Also need to maybe do some more quests or something. And I'm dirt poor.

Nebula

Not posted in ages but this is how I look nowadays. Still playing on and off.

pQkS07c.png

I was browsing the Amazon.com top seller list for Video Games and the RuneScape time card was one of the top sellers. Never heard of it but did some Googling and it seems interesting. Any thoughts as to how it compares to say GW2 or FFXIV?

t-ramp

You might as well just try the free version first, and if it grabs you go ahead and upgrade to membership.

There's no way to say how much you'll like it, though. I was super addicted back in the day, but sometimes it just seems boring. That said, I am enjoying my recent stint playing as a member, as there's still a lot of stuff I've never done before. (Or forgot I had done - I was trying to start the Hero's Quest the other day, then realized I'd done it already.)

I also finally decided to do some runecrafting, got from 9 to 50 in a few hours of playing last week. Now I think I'm going to do a few quests, and then probably quit again when my membership expires next month.

I also want to try out some minigames, since I haven't done most of them before.

Dec

At this point it is impossible for me to even guess what it is like to start playing Runescape as a new player. I started playing in like 2004 and put 7,000 hours in since then. I don't know how the game starts now, how quickly you progress, what quests you have available early or anything like that.

I'd guess you just make an account and start going and see what happens. There is so much to do that guiding you isn't viable, just do what you want or find something you enjoy.

The one thing I'll say is that even though I don't play anymore I always keep a bond ready because there is nothing quite like Runescape.

Started playing again until World of Warcraft: Legion comes out. My main goals right now is to unlock Prifddinas and hit 2000 total level. I'm at 1955 total level right now and have 3 skills left and 2 quests before I can start Plague's End.

jfkgoblue

Thought I'd let everyone know that RuneScape is having a free weekend this coming weekend to celebrate its brand new expansion.

Thought I'd let everyone know that RuneScape is having a free weekend this coming weekend to celebrate its brand new expansion.

Looking forward to it on my alt. Will probably focus on quests on him. Unlocking Menephos will be my priority for getting him a decent hub area. Was going to make him a member soon anyways once I can afford 5 bonds.

I've been enjoying Menephos. It's really grindy (obviously) but soul obelisks greatly shorten how long you'll need to grind to get started.

jfkgoblue

Looking forward to it on my alt. Will probably focus on quests on him. Unlocking Menephos will be my priority for getting him a decent hub area. Was going to make him a member soon anyways once I can afford 5 bonds.

I've been enjoying Menephos. It's really grindy (obviously) but soul obelisks greatly shorten how long you'll need to grind to get started.
Turned rep into dailyscape, but dailyscape>>>>>grindscape

Until you start fighting Arraxxi. :p

I don't do combat all that often because I have to actually try. My combat stats are mostly my lower skills. Outside of Invention, Magic is tied with Divination as my lowest skill.

Also I'm too cheap to buy better combat gear. I have good weapons but meh armor.

Clauss

I've been playing this game on and off for almost 12 years now and it still pulls me in HARD from time to time. Really stoked to hear they're finally exploring mobile. Even way back when iPod touches and smart phones first hit the mainstream my friends and I always dreamed of being able to grind on the go.

They may have missed the optimal timing for it, but I've already seen people all over the web gushing about it, even some non-regular players. It's possible it could draw in some fresh/old blood.

jfkgoblue

I've been playing this game on and off for almost 12 years now and it still pulls me in HARD from time to time. Really stoked to hear they're finally exploring mobile. Even way back when iPod touches and smart phones first hit the mainstream my friends and I always dreamed of being able to grind on the go.

They may have missed the optimal timing for it, but I've already seen people all over the web gushing about it, even some non-regular players. It's possible it could draw in some fresh/old blood.
I wish I got into the beta.

Kaelan

Started playing old school again and man I'm addicted. Maybe it's just the nolstogia idk but when it comes to RS3 there's so much going on that I feel too overwhelmed. Maybe one day I'll start up a character but not for a while since I'm working on my old school account

jfkgoblue

Started playing old school again and man I'm addicted. Maybe it's just the nolstogia idk but when it comes to RS3 there's so much going on that I feel too overwhelmed. Maybe one day I'll start up a character but not for a while since I'm working on my old school account
Starting a new character in RS3 is very daunting, the game is heavily geared toward endgame content, and there is so much content for new players that it can feel overwhelming.

Top Bottom