• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuneScape |OT|

Dec

I've decided to just stick to leveling my other skills, I always kill stuff for money anyways so I'll get it eventually. Not grinding 50-100 hours for a cosmetic cape.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Did they ever raise the money cap? My old account is still sitting on max gold, it was very annoying, I had to store extra in the grand exchange.

Nebula

Did they ever raise the money cap? My old account is still sitting on max gold, it was very annoying, I had to store extra in the grand exchange.

Spirit Shards are always worth 25GP each if you want to store your cash in something.

Also got my first ever hilt drop last night. First kill of Kree'arra on my slayer task as well. Was with a friend so I split it. Nice 3.5M pocketed. Definitely going Kree'arra on all my tasks now.

Dec

Also for anyone that was curious, it seems Fight Cauldron is the fastest melee xp in the game. 500-600k per hour.

Edit: Got 99 mining.

Nebula

99 mining is one hell of an achievement. Grats man.

I'll just do all my combat XP through slayer as it Flies up anyway.

89 slayer and 70 divination today which brings all my skills back to 70+ :)

Dec

Got 99 Herblore just now.

All 90+ skills is next.

Just have:

89-90 Farming
88-90 Crafting
85-90 Agility
85-80 Divination

Nebula

Went to General Graardor for the first time since before EoC was released and camped him for 60ish kills (not sure how many partner got). Trip ended around 10 kills earlier than it should have and we got no good drops but made 2475K. Didn't bring notepaper for bones like an idiot. Just rammed our invents with bones before we left.

Todays Adventures:

4xTyzcx.png

Spent around 4 hours 30 minutes duoing him and we called it a night a few kills after BCP. Could easily have done another hour. Got crashed twice but nothing a bit of hopping can't fix. Was awesome :)

liftedly

Declarius opened his friends chat to function as a GAF chat, although I'm not sure if it ever had more than one gaffer in it at once :p We could try to make it active!

Dec

I'm guilty of never being in it because I was always in quickhop fc. I'm done mining now so I'll join it next time I'm online.

The only reason there isn't a clan is because so few people actually play. It would be tough even getting 5 people, then we'd all be stuck in a clan with stunted progression. Figured a chat room was the better option.

Nebula

Yeah a clan would not work out. I'll be joining a clan soon enough anyway so I probably would have declined joining a GAF one anyway.

Been playing for a week after an 8 month hiatus. My stats are decent (everything's at least 50/ all combat stats are 70+), but seeing how every piece of gear that's worth a shit is north of 100M in the GE is super overwhelming. Does anyone have advice for someone who just wants to hit the quest reqs and maybe get a couple of 99s?

Dec

Been playing for a week after an 8 month hiatus. My stats are decent (everything's at least 50/ all combat stats are 70+), but seeing how every piece of gear that's worth a shit is north of 100M in the GE is super overwhelming. Does anyone have advice for someone who just wants to hit the quest reqs and maybe get a couple of 99s?

Do all quests you can, use the xp rewards on the skills you can't afford.

Do challenges as they reward good chunks of xp for the higher tiers.

Cheap gear like bandos armor and godsword, or whip and enhanced excalibur.

Find a money making method, like blue dragons or slayer to fund the skills for quests as you need them, this should not take long as quest reqs. for gold sink skills aren't that high.

If you want 99s for the cape, get cooking and firemaking or similarly fast skills.

Should I get 70 attack or defense first? Barrows equipment is cheap as shit these days, and I'd like to use it for higher level training.

Dec

Should I get 70 attack or defense first? Barrows equipment is cheap as shit these days, and I'd like to use it for higher level training.

I would say it depends on what you kill, and your summoning, divination and prayer levels. There are many ways to heal that can offset low defense where I would say doing more damage (less misses in this case) would be of higher value but if you don't have any of those methods of healing, a higher defense level would be better.

Defense would also benefit combat methods besides melee.

Edit:

New quest is in, about to start it.

It's already a large improvement graphically.

ibm4svjXSBBYJO.png

Nebula

Airuts are harder than GWD. Died 3 times on one task because I missed the combat style swap. Hard task but great money. I'm going to need more notepaper.

Also I hit 99 attack on Monday. Broke my claws doing so but that's an easy fix.

Consider this a progress pic.

Dec

Been gradually improving through questing and daily challenges, finished While Guthix Sleeps and The World Wakes this past week, looking to knock out Within the Light and Rocking out next.

My stats:http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/c=03z2MEIg*7U/compare?user1=clearlyvague

These Agility/Thieving/Crafting/Construction reqs are gonna kill me.

Pyramid Plunder isn't so bad, and be sure to do god statues if you can, I have no idea what is required, for construction.

Agility is bad, takes forever. Hope you have the bonus xp from January.

-

Should probably update myself. Haven't really been playing that much. I got 2,500 total two days back, and am up to 95 farming.

Other main goal was all level 90s. Only skills left are Agility and Divination, both are 89. Then I'll get 99 Dungeoneering, which is pretty much 97 currently.

Getting there very slowly since I haven't been playing more than an hour or two a day.

Nebula

All 90s sounds sweet. I should start working on more 90s for PoP. I actually started sending out ships and stuff since you told me I could do it and it's very slow progress. Something tells me it's like this all the way through it.

I've been progressing very well over the past few weeks in most areas though:

A1BgRv1.png

99 range now. Got 1M XP in one day to finish it off. I was off work due to illness anyway and stuck watching TV from my bed so I thought why not scape from my bed instead.

Dec

All 90s sounds sweet. I should start working on more 90s for PoP. I actually started sending out ships and stuff since you told me I could do it and it's very slow progress. Something tells me it's like this all the way through it.

Yep you're right. It's very slow, like 3+ months minimum to get the armors. But it is completely free level 85 gear.

Dec

Got all skills 90+ this morning. Next is 99 dg then 99 farm. Not sure what after.

The new fire cosmetics are pretty nice, the sexy swords make me glad I went for drygore longs instead of rapiers.

iunMAtPALRdcL.png

Nebula

Working on 90 dung at the moment so I can get charming imp. Then 80 agility maybe. Hunter has been going really well thanks to divi and brawlers and has gone from 70 to 76. Gained 3 smithing levels through protean bars which are awesome.

I also rejoined the clan I was in before my last break and it's been more active despite having less active members.

Going well so far. Grats on hitting all 90+ as well Declarius.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Made a new character to play with a mate for nostalgia and bloody hell the game has come a long way

Dec

Made a new character to play with a mate for nostalgia and bloody hell the game has come a long way

Ya, not sure if you were around when I mentioned it on Marvel Heroes but it's actually a good game. People strangely think the game has sat at a stand still for the past 8 years.

I'll be renewing when Araxxor comes out. Duoing with the wife for some level 90 2h weps will be really fun.

Dec

Picked a near perfect time to resub.

I've been doing QBD the past week or so and having trouble, the gap while I'm just standing doing nothing while I have the next ability already queued was way bigger than I remembered and I was thinking I was just rusty and that was why my kill times were lower but this update today fixed the combat back to being pretty responsive.

All the other changed today have hugely improved the game. Combat is just way more fast paced, it seems like all monsters in the game have higher hp and higher accuracy but so do you, because they increased the effective hp gained from Constitution levels. Makes combat a lot faster because there are way less 0 hit splats and a lot more attacks connect, enemies included. Makes QBD a bit faster to kill but also a bit harder which is always welcome.

From the patch news it seems like a lot of other bosses got this treatment too.

It seems like the food having a slight CD but not taking away adrenaline also made it in, and I was definitely not sold on that change. But I haven't really noticed it much, it's never gotten me killed in QBD today or anything, and I of course do a little more damage because of not losing adrenaline. Food seems to have had it's healing values increased along with it.

And of course the return of 138 combat, plus improvements that make it require mage and range. Happy to see this.

It could be my imagination, but I don't think it is, but I think the lighting, or bloom has been improved across the game.

New hitsplat text and look is nice to look at, easy to read, and the shield icon when missing is good for some feedback, specially for potential new players that might not know why their attack did no damage.

Edit: Seems like good still uses adrenaline and the CD change never happened. I thought I saw my adrenaline not move when I ate but could have been a well timed attack getting me more as I looked.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I had a character that I had a sub with, but I let that lapse. Here I am a few months later starting this up again. My friend and I are looking for a game to play that won't cost money (unless you want to spend money) and has a lot going on. Runescape was sort of perfect for that.

My only complaint with this game is that there's no way to increase bag space. That would make my life so much easier.

Mr Croft

Just started playing again yesterday and decided to either top of mining to 99 or str to 99. Thank god for legacy mode because I hated eoc and never fought since it was released.

anyway rs: UBCS OLIVERA (mostly skill now)

Dec

I had a character that I had a sub with, but I let that lapse. Here I am a few months later starting this up again. My friend and I are looking for a game to play that won't cost money (unless you want to spend money) and has a lot going on. Runescape was sort of perfect for that.

My only complaint with this game is that there's no way to increase bag space. That would make my life so much easier.

Ya unfortunately I think that's something that might just break the balance of xp rates, which are already as high as they have ever been.

Beast of burdens can extend your inventory for most things, so check into that if you don't use them already.

I've just come back so I guess update on what I've been doing, mainly working on farming. 98 currently, about a week out from 99. Then skill-wise I'll probably work on 95 all skills for the second batch of the elf updates, where those rocks will be added that require 95 in all skills and 115 dungeoneering or something.

Also been trying to get my wife ready for duoing the new spider boss. I'm already good to go, but from what I've heard about it she may need to get some combat levels, and I'll probably buy her some Drygores. It will be really nice to have a new solo/duo boss to replace the QBD.

Dec

Can all bosses be done solo/duo? That would be fantastic for my friend and I if so.

I think all of them except Verago can be at least be done duo, bosses like Nex I think require max combat, max gear and all the things that go with it, like herblore/prayer if you want to duo them. Though I can't really say with too much accuracy as I don't do anything but QBD.

Last I checked Verago was more a raid boss of sorts.

Queen Black Dragon is a solo only boss in an instanced dungeon with very consistent profit. The spider coming this month will have varying levels of difficulty, a bunch that are solo and the hardest difficulty will be duo. She will also have consistent profits, rather than super rare drops that are what you're mainly after. She will drop parts that can be made into level 90 twohand weapons though so that should be an extra added profit maker.

She seems to be a harder version of QBD but with a duo option, which is great for me as I'm tired of doing QBD and she isn't hard at all so the extra difficulty could be fun, with extra profit to match.

Nebula

Update time I guess. Not going to be on for a few days but I plan on smashing a few stats next week as I have some free time off.

rsupdate2nk01.png

Dec

Got 99 farming.

340k from 99 dungeoneering, will get that tomorrow. After that will have 18/25 99s.

Raxious

So, seeing as I still got about 5 weeks off, and I got nothing to do I was thinking of playing this.

I played this many years ago when there was only classic. ( never went sub mode though ).

What would you guys advice me to do, play the old one or do the new one? The gfx of the new one look pretty awesome.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So, seeing as I still got about 5 weeks off, and I got nothing to do I was thinking of playing this.

I played this many years ago when there was only classic. ( never went sub mode though ).

What would you guys advice me to do, play the old one or do the new one? The gfx of the new one look pretty awesome.

I prefer the newer one, but I was never super into classic. The whole evolution of combat (EOC) bothered older players. I felt that it was a welcome change that made it so you had to engage in combat to a certain degree. That said, I'm sure there's an argument against the EOC system - you'll just have to either hunt it down or see if anyone here knows.

Dec

The new one. I preferred the old combat, it wasn't as simple as people think, maybe because they didn't play at a high level, there was a lot of technique in stuff like prayer flashing. The new combat has you doing more, but it's easier than the old one.

Classic is a good thing for old players that aren't happy with where the game has gone, but as a new player you don't have that attachment, and I think the main game is simply a better game.

Runescape NXT is coming at the end of the year for better graphics in a downloadable C++ client, something I've wanted for many years.

Got 99 Dungeoneering.

ikoecV9lDgEVM.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Damn - that's a lot of 99's you got there. Gratz!

I'm curious...I think I can level faster if I just start ignoring drops and stuff. Is there a list of drops I SHOULD care about?

Dec

Damn - that's a lot of 99's you got there. Gratz!

I'm curious...I think I can level faster if I just start ignoring drops and stuff. Is there a list of drops I SHOULD care about?

There might be, but I'm not aware of one.

For me it's mostly experience, you can pretty easily do a quick right click on stuff and remember the prices of drops, then you can set the value amount where you'll spend the time grabbing stuff. You definitely lose XP picking things up though, that's why they have added a lot of automatic things along the years, like the seedicide, charming imp, coin collector etc.

For example, don't pick up drops worth less than 10-20k per slot, exceptions for stacking items that drop enough to exceed that. Adjust the 10-20k amount with whatever is worth it for you to stop gaining xp and grab it.

You could even search for the monster you're killing on the wiki, take a mental note of all the things it drops that are worth more than X amount and just look for those, ignore everything else.

And thanks. :)

One huge improvement lately (or semi-lately) is dragging items out of your inventory into the game area to drop it on the ground. Doesn't really help you here but I figured that might have slipped past some people, and can really speed certain things up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alright, jumped on the summer special with a fresh new account. ~$5 a month for 3 months? Not bad. Just did the opening quest and will probably do a few more before I focus on actual training. Last time I feel like I spread my combat out a bit thin...This time, I'm going to focus on one combat type for a while and then move on. I love ranged combat in games, but I'm going to do some melee training for now. I'll work on prayer, woodcutting, and fletching/firemaking while I do it, too.

Dec

Alright, jumped on the summer special with a fresh new account. ~$5 a month for 3 months? Not bad. Just did the opening quest and will probably do a few more before I focus on actual training. Last time I feel like I spread my combat out a bit thin...This time, I'm going to focus on one combat type for a while and then move on. I love ranged combat in games, but I'm going to do some melee training for now. I'll work on prayer, woodcutting, and fletching/firemaking while I do it, too.

Make sure to rub the crystal amulet every day for some bonus xp, and use the aura for double xp for two hours once a week.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Make sure to rub the crystal amulet every day for some bonus xp, and use the aura for double xp for two hours once a week.

What is this crystal amulet you speak of?

Also, do you play regularly? Are you in a guild/clan? Wouldn't mind some fun folks to chat with while I drink and relive my childhood with Runescape!

Dec

What is this crystal amulet you speak of?

Also, do you play regularly? Are you in a guild/clan? Wouldn't mind some fun folks to chat with while I drink and relive my childhood with Runescape!

It should be in your bank, it is part of the promotion for the summer special. That and the Enlightenment Aura. Just take it out, right click and "rub", 3 crystals will pop out that give bonus xp. Can do that every day all summer.

You can also wear it while playing for a rock fragment every 1 hour worth of xp gain of which I can't remember the name just now, but 10 will make up a special mining rock when the Elf content releases that can be mined for some good loot.

I have been playing a lot more lately. Not in a clan, thought about making a neogaf clan, but since clans are tied to a lot of xp gain things it seemed like a bad idea, there aren't many GAFfers that play RS. Not enough to build up a citadel anyways.

My RS name is the same as here, feel free to add me.

Top Bottom