• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Running Shareware/Homebrew on the 360: Just pulled it off!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
DopeyFish said:
has nobody tried using FFDSHOW yet? :/

make sure it doesn't overwrite the WMV codecs but apparently IT SHOULD PLAY DivX/Xvid

(i've only said it 5000 times now, but apparently it does work)

I don't get what you mean or how I would try it. I'm willing to give it a go though, but I don't know where to start.

Videora is nice, but as it was previously mentioned, its MPEG2 only. Great for a quick solution, but terrible for an archive. Any other programs? TMPGEnc Xpress is susposed to work to get to WMV including 5.1 audio, but it errors with Xvid content.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
FFDshow is basically an all-in-one decoder/post processing package type dealie for windows. I've been told by many people that it works in media center (as long as you don't install any windows media codecs which would kill media center) just type FFdshow in google

edit: !! ahh! apparently it only works in all MCE versions EXCEPT 2005. Bummer.

edit2: or... maybe it does work though on a case to case basis *shrug*

I'll find out soon enough when i upgrade my PC in the next month

joaomgcd

DopeyFish said:
FFDshow is basically an all-in-one decoder/post processing package type dealie for windows. I've been told by many people that it works in media center (as long as you don't install any windows media codecs which would kill media center) just type FFdshow in google

edit: !! ahh! apparently it only works in all MCE versions EXCEPT 2005. Bummer.

edit2: or... maybe it does work though on a case to case basis *shrug*

I'll find out soon enough when i upgrade my PC in the next month

Even if it works in a windows media Center PC, what good would that be for the Xbox 360? You would have to install codecs on the 360, to be able to play divx, xvid etc. on it.. Unless I'm missing something here...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
joaomgcd said:
Even if it works in a windows media Center PC, what good would that be for the Xbox 360? You would have to install codecs on the 360, to be able to play divx, xvid etc. on it.. Unless I'm missing something here...

no, because the 360 only plays the video/audio stream. A media center PC decodes/encodes on the fly and the extender decodes it again.

joaomgcd

DopeyFish said:
no, because the 360 only plays the video/audio stream. A media center PC decodes/encodes on the fly and the extender decodes it again.

How come I can play divx on my media center PC, and not on the Xbox 360?... I don't get it... I installed the normal divx codec..

Top Bottom