• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 [OT] No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

Honestly, I don't think ChiChi should be in the top 3. She doesn't really belong there, if you judge her performance throughout the show. She's not even on the rise like Naomi and Kim Chi that just won challenges.

It's obvious that Kim and Bob are in the finals (Kim needed a win this week to leverage her impending awful performance next week coz it involves moving and lip syncing a song), but I'm interested to see whether Chi Chi will oust Naomi next week. Chi Chi I think has a lot of flaws but that hasn't stopped other queens from being finalists. She's a better performer than Naomi, and this episode she showed that she's competent with unconventional materials which was cool. I feel like the checkboxes under Naomi's name are too similar to Kim's so maybe Chi Chi is a better balance for top 3.

Rayis

The real tea is that we needed either Acid Betty or Thorgy in the top 3, but regardless, It's Bob, Kim, and Naomi for me personally

also, Derrick on Untucked LMAO, I can't with the delusion.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I can't really call how the final three are going to go down. If Kim Chi has to lip sync she's gone by default, but she tends to do so well in costumes I can't imagine her having to unless she REALLY fucks up a dance challenge.

Bob won't make another mistake like that again, so he'll sail through to the win now, and we finally got a glimpse of vulnerability this episode to round her out.

My prediction is Naomi versus Chichi with Chichi getting a third kill. She's a beast on the stage.

But I like everyone now so I really don't mind. Such a change from last season but who cares cus Katya was the true winner.

I can't really call how the final three are going to go down. If Kim Chi has to lip sync she's gone by default, but she tends to do so well in costumes I can't imagine her having to unless she REALLY fucks up a dance challenge.

Bob won't make another mistake like that again, so he'll sail through to the win now, and we finally got a glimpse of vulnerability this episode to round her out.

My prediction is Naomi versus Chichi with Chichi getting a third kill. She's a beast on the stage.

But I like everyone now so I really don't mind. Such a change from last season but who cares cus Katya was the true winner.

Kicker is that there are no more bottom two's. All four will lip sync next week and Ru will eliminate someone based on fan popularity (the top four record all four sashaying away at the end and the show waits until the air date to decide who the official top three is. Hence Kennedy and Darienne getting thrown to the wolves).

Shizuka

Time to follow Naomi on every social media ever just to make sure she gets to the top 3. Oh, and no queen has survived three lipsyncs, ChiChi will go home even if she has to lipsync against Kim.

Wilsongt

Yara
was never top 3 material, she coasted on looks... Much like Kim Chi!

She did really well in the challenges and was always charming and funny. Her weather girl, the workout challenge, her makeover challenge with her cheering and her comedy challenge. Girl earned that top 4, and woulda been top 3 has she not broken down.

Blackthorn

Kicker is that there are no more bottom two's. All four will lip sync next week and Ru will eliminate someone based on fan popularity (the top four record all four sashaying away at the end and the show waits until the air date to decide who the official top three is. Hence Kennedy and Darienne getting thrown to the wolves).
Oh I didn't remember that. Now I don't know what to think. If it's down to popularity I still think Bob, Chichi and Kim Chi. Naomi's a cutie but I don't see her having the same draw as the other three.

Blackthorn

Coco Montrese! Remember how orange she fucking looked girl?
anigif_enhanced-buzz-26861-1367610259-6.gif

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Quick, random thoughts:
  • Naomi v Derrick was hilarious
  • Kim's looks were amazing, but I still think Chi Chi was robbed
  • Chi Chi was damn near flawless in this episode. Michelle was wrong, Chi Chi is the dark horse of this season
  • Bob was nowhere near as awful as Derrick was. But everyone else did slightly better
  • Bob may be one of my favorite queens on the show. Potentially in my top 3. He gets compared to Bianca for his comedy and front-runner performance/edit... but at this point in season 6, my appreciation of Bianca plateaued, whereas it's still rising for Bob. Nobody asked but here are my reasons:
    ◦ When he remembered his mother, the rattlesnake moment, the post-elimination speech, etc. He's just very genuine, funny, vulnerable, passionate, and young enough to embrace change and growth​
  • Derrick, oh Derrick. I was never a fan. But even I felt so embarrassed for how bad he was this episode. In a twisted way I'm almost thankful he stayed to this very challenge to see him dragged in mud by the wig. There was no dignity in his exit
  • My ideal top 3 would be Bob, Chi Chi, and Naomi. The latter whom continues to come across as way more sweeter than I expected. Although I will agree that her wig game is severely lacking

mantidor

It's sad we won't see Thorgy or Acid killing this challenge but at the same time with both their mothers dead I'm not sure the show would manage to stay classy and not exploit such situation for maximum "vulnerability™".

And god damn at Derrick's absolute delusion, if she took all night to create that outfit she is simply, absolutely talentless. I really feel sorry for her, I hope seeing herself on the show has opened her eyes, that outfit was terrible.

Kanhir

Episode 8 thoughts:

- When I heard 90 minutes, I was expecting extended runways and a great performance. Not extended workroom sniping and Kim Chi psychoanalysis.
- Damn, Chi Chi turned it out. Why didn't she win?
- The editing is really making me resent Bob and Kim Chi because they're so obviously being given flawless edits and being pushed through to the end. It's a pity because I want to like Bob, and he's genuinely shown off a lot of talent and ability (unlike Kim Chi), but it's ridiculously blatant at this point, especially with Thorgy being edited entirely into a jealous Bob foil.
- I don't know if I'm just bitter because of the aforementioned producer handprint on Kim Chi's back, but I was expecting more wow factor from these ball looks.
- Also on that note, is this the first time Ru's shown a genuine interest in a queen during a workroom walk since the first couple of seasons?
- Finally Bob gets a bottom two. Pretty good lip sync too, from both sides - Bob slayed it and was obviously going to win, but Derrick really fought for that.
- DERRICK'S MAKEUP GIGGLESNORT. Also that outfit - she was proud about staying up all night to work on it? Sigh.
- It's good that the judges finally acknowledged that Derrick's just not at the level needed for this stage of the competition. Hell, even Laila had better design abilities.
- Naomi vs Derrick? Where did that come from? And gurl, someone needs to give Derrick reading lessons.

And in the next episode trailer, it looks like
Kim Chi is doing the music video lying down. How convenient.

Derrick looked the worse this episode, but I wasn't glad to see him go. I think he will grow from this and get a bit of a thicker skin maybe. I'm looking forward to seeing what he looks like at the reunion even if it's just full on Britney. He listened to them and was willing to change, I think he's more likable by ep8 than ep1 - he's cool with me.

Obviously Bob wasn't going but for a moment I did wonder if it was going to be a double shantay you stay. I think they both did good in the lipsync.

Blackthorn

Derrick looked the worse this episode, but I wasn't glad to see him go. I think he will grow from this and get a bit of a thicker skin maybe. I'm looking forward to seeing what he looks like at the reunion even if it's just full on Britney. He listened to them and was willing to change, I think he's more likable by ep8 than ep1 - he's cool with me.

Obviously Bob wasn't going but for a moment I did wonder if it was going to be a double shantay you stay. I think they both did good in the lipsync.
I genuinely think Derrick has some emotional problems. At this point I just want him to get help. He's so deluded that polyamorous relationship of his is probably just him flatsharing with a couple.

Also paying tribute to Strangers With Candy was so cool. That show was so undervalued yet it was pretty much the best comedy show of the past 20 years.

I genuinely think Derrick has some emotional problems. At this point I just want him to get help. He's so deluded that polyamorous relationship of his is probably just him flatsharing with a couple.

This is what I got from this episode. This episode layed bare his broken personality. Every scene he looked on the verge. I felt it was really embarrassing and potentially career damaging for him.

I think chi chi finally got it together and displayed a level of refinement that was lacking before. But Naomi really came out fighting. I'm not sure which impressed me more. But I think Naomi is too inexperienced to make it to top 3.

As for bob, I was not expected his situation to be like that. The whole thing makes his seem more professional and well equipped to take on the stress of the role in a levelheaded way.

Kim chi, kim chi......uhm uhm un. Amazing level of creativity but really I don't think there's a pathway for a real win.

They tooted it but they didn't really toot it. It was a mixed reaction.

Am I the only one who thought Derrick looked better with his eyebrows before? This last episode he looked like first time in drag Halloween realness.

kirblar

They tooted it but they didn't really toot it. It was a mixed reaction.

Am I the only one who thought Derrick looked better with his eyebrows before? This last episode he looked like first time in drag Halloween realness.
The criticism on that was really dumb- Courtney didn't get shit for her aesthetic not being "draggy" enough (except from some of the bad/insecure queens.)

Shizuka

The criticism on that was really dumb- Courtney didn't get shit for her aesthetic not being "draggy" enough (except from some of the bad/insecure queens.)

But Courtney's make-up resembles drag in some way, Derrick just imitates Britney's make-up.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yeah, everyone complimenting Derrick for that brow... They're either crediting her for trying or they're high. It looked awful.

"Relax your brow"
"They're relaxed"

*dead*

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I actually like the song theyre recording a video for next ep
what a shocking turn events

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Jesus that is a bad Photoshop.

the real tragedy is that she intentionally tagged herself at Neighbours, which is such a nasty-ass dumpster fire of a club -- literally. The place has been set on fire numerous times in the past few years, lul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom