• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 [OT] No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do ya'll think about this Bob vs Raven spat?

Bob basically called out Raven by name after Raven posted something shady about her win. Then Raven posted a 6 minute video as a response.

I always respected Raven's craft and I liked what she has done post-Drag race but she was a real bitch in her season.

mantidor

At the end of the day this is pretty much their daily job, to throw shades and reads and insult each other in witty and charismatic ways that makes us laugh, Raven's insult wasn't that witty, but whatever, it was just "fuck your purse", it said nothing about Bob as Raven reminded everyone, kids these days are so awfully sensitive.

And I love purse first as much as anyone else but as with any meme you can run it into the ground, just use it in restrained doses, like Detox and her creepy lips movement when lipsynching.

I feel people are so... dramatic about reacting to something you read online, I get it from older people, they take what they read at face value, but from someone like Bob? if this was an exchange made face to face everyone would have laughed, just picture it in an interview or in Fashion Photo Ruview.

Monocle

I watched Violet's final entrance for probably the fifth time and it is just as astonishing as the first. Literally makes my heart pound. What a magnificent artist.

KimChi's Pit Crew burn killed me.

I think the highlight though was Violet.
Kim Chi is such a firecracker. Totally unexpected from someone so soft-spoken and sweet, lol. I'm a big fan.

Rayis

At the end of the day this is pretty much their daily job, to throw shades and reads and insult each other in witty and charismatic ways that makes us laugh, Raven's insult wasn't that witty, but whatever, it was just "fuck your purse", it said nothing about Bob as Raven reminded everyone, kids these days are so awfully sensitive.

I feel people are so... dramatic about reacting to something you read online, I get it from older people, they take what they read at face value, but from someone like Bob? if this was an exchange made face to face everyone would have laughed, just picture it in an interview or in Fashion Photo Ruview.

I'd believe that if Raven's boyfriend hadn't make an even shadier comment than "Fuck yo Purse"

regardless, it was a harmless read

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Kim is a instagram model basically. She is a visual drag queen so of course she would be getting more followers. Bob is a comedy queen and the following on some social media might not be the same since some people go for visual aspect.

kirblar

Saw a Mimi/Bianca short interview, and Bianca mentioned she doesn't like doing prepared sets cause she doesn't think it works for her.

She's definitely not wrong. Great host, but definitely not a great traditional stand-up comic.

Yado

And I love purse first as much as anyone else but as with any meme you can run it into the ground, just use it in restrained doses, like Detox and her creepy lips movement when lipsynching.

Dramatic is Raven's 7 minute video of backpedaling while her overinflated bottom lip flapped in the breeze. It's interesting how Bob is seen as "sensitive" for a general haters are going to hate comment though.

mantidor

Dramatic is Raven's 7 minute video of backpedaling while her overinflated bottom lip flapped in the breeze. It's interesting how Bob is seen as "sensitive" for a general haters are going to hate comment though.

Your response to a three word tweet is a full on paragraph of "haters gonna hate" and that it's not oversensitive? lol

They are both being dramatic, but that's their gig at the end. Raven is responding more to the internet mob than to Bob anyway. She didn't backpedal either, she still thinks the purse should get fucked.

That sounds wrong now that I typed it :p

Yado

Your response to a three word tweet is a full on paragraph of "haters gonna hate" and that it's not oversensitive? lol

They are both being dramatic, but that's their gig at the end. Raven is responding more to the internet mob than to Bob anyway. She didn't backpedal either, she still thinks the purse should get fucked.

That sounds wrong now that I typed it :p

It's really not, it was actually pretty diplomatic and at no point did she attack Raven or give the impression that she felt attacked herself. She addressed the people who supported her, the people who didn't and then Raven. It was pretty succinct tbh

Raven came off like a weak bitch who wanted to throw the rock and hide her hand. She didn't have shit to say about trolls and sensitive people until her bitterness backfired on her. She has every right to express her opinion and other people have every right to respond.

Kim Chi is a horrible performer. If anything the show did her a favor in terms of spinning her distinct lack of talent in that area as "cute" because it ain't. It's good to know all some people want out of a drag queen is someone who looks good (sort of) if they stand completely still and don't speak or lip sync or dance or attempt to, you know, perform.

Lol at the Kim Chi haters. I really don't even get it.

It's weird how Bob won and still has less followers than Kim though. Wut.

EDIT: Also, I watched Bianca's comedy thing, and it was so boring. It was basically like 4 jokes with her saying "fuck you!!!" the whole time.

How is this weird? Bob deserved it. Kim can't even dance much less walk in heels. I've never been to a drag show where they couldn't do a basic lip sync. Besides her look, Kim is basic. She's a sweetie and I love the shade she throws but she doesn't have what it took to be America's next drag superstar.

I'm convinced most of Team Kim have never been to a drag show and only watch Drag Race.

Sensitive is making a 7 minute response video to a three line Facebook status.

How is this weird? Bob deserved it. Kim can't even dance much less walk in heels. I've never been to a drag show where they couldn't do a basic lip sync. Besides her look, Kim is basic. She's a sweetie and I love the shade she throws but she doesn't have what it took to be America's next drag superstar.

I'm convinced most of Team Kim have never been to a drag show and only watch Drag Race.

Preach.

B-Dex

Nothing against Bob because he is super talented but Kim Chi has sparked more discussion, debate and articles about a myriad of topics in the gay world. I can't remember the last time any contestant had the same impact.

Nothing against Bob because he is super talented but Kim Chi has sparked more discussion, debate and articles about a myriad of topics in the gay world. I can't remember the last time any contestant had the same impact.

So.. that makes her a better drag queen? This ain't RuPauls Most Discussed race.

mantidor

I think is more about the show being more popular than ever and the current social/political climate than Kim Chi herself. I can't imagine how stuff like Raja's headress would have been received in these recent years for instance.

Shizuka

If you watch Untucked, Cynthia was always a beacon of positivity and all the queens rallied around her. Pretty nice considering this season was Ru Paul's Best Friends Race in the end.

Oh, I was talking about Chi Chi. Miss Cucu Mis Amores deserved it, completely.

kirblar

I think is more about the show being more popular than ever and the current social/political climate than Kim Chi herself. I can't imagine how stuff like Raja's headress would have been received in these recent years for instance.
Seriously. We've been getting random articles complaining about these things for a while now.

Shockingly, no one ever complains about the ads looking for feminine guys tho.

kirblar

I was wondering the same thing lol

To be honest as rare as they might be I also doubt they are non existent, a friend of mine is kind of into femme guys in a way.
Maybe it's a DC thing, have seen people looking for just about everything -big/small white/black, masc/fem.

So let's say Alaska wins AS2 and then we get an All Stars Winners Race with all the queens who were crowned. How'd you rank the eliminations? I'll start:

10th - Tyra Sanchez
9th - Violet Chachki
8th - Bebe Zahara Benet
7th - Raja
6th - Jinkx Monsoon
5th - Chad Michaels
4th - Sharon Needles
3rd - Bob The Drag Queen
2nd - Alaska
1st - Bianca Del Rio

mantidor

Top three Raja, Alaska and Bianca. Runner ups Chad, Bob, Violet in that order, the rest can fight for the scraps for all I care :p

I have to say I feel so dumb to have cheered for Jinks and Sharon, the edit got to me, Alaska and Chad should have clearly won. I mean they are making All Stars basically because of these two.

kirblar

Top three Raja, Alaska and Bianca. Runner ups Chad, Bob, Violet in that order, the rest can fight for the scraps for all I care :p

I have to say I feel so dumb to have cheered for Jinks and Sharon, the edit got to me, Alaska and Chad should have clearly won. I mean they are making All Stars basically because of these two.
Those are the only two seasons where there were two valid winner options in the finals, imo.

Shizuka

Those are the only two seasons where there were two valid winner options in the finals, imo.

Agreed, even though I thought Sharon won fair and square while Jinkx lack of polish should've been the edge Alaska had over her and Alaska should've won. If Alaska hadn't joined the clique and Jinkx wasn't victimized, there'd be no contest there.

Nah, Jinkx deserved her win. It doesn't diminish what Alaska has done post Drag Race but Jinkx is doing some pretty exciting stuff on her own post drag race and offers something completely different.

kirblar

One thing that's stood out post show- Mimi isn't so great on her feet but give her time and she's prep time Batman. All the stuff I've seen her nail (incredibly involved lip sync stuff, insane roast sets) reqiures lots and lots of practice and time, which you do not have on the show.

Nah, Jinkx deserved her win.

85KZz3D.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom