• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 [OT] No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

We all start as newbies there. Its all a matter of participating to learn the people. There is also the discord chat so you can chat live with the guys if they are there.

They're usually pretty nice over there. You're welcome to try again whenever you feel like it. 👌🙋

I'll try again someday, soon!

hot guy pics you can get plenty on tumblr.

What's a tumblr and what do I do with it?
jk miss thing

It was a long time, but I got the impression that there were cliques and people already knew one another, and I don't like feeling like I'm the new weird person in the room, which is how I was treated, at least at first.

Same here, never meshed with the group tbh

I like this little community though, it's not as active but I enjoy reading people's opinions on the show and the queens.

Also I'm enjoying the Drag Con photos. I need to go next year D:

Was there no countdown to the crown episode this week? I kind of thought that's what they meant when they said they were going to have the finale in 2 weeks time.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Nah they decided to air Bianca's "Rolodex of My Material From 2 Years Ago" instead :(
No tea no shade, love the girl, but like many standups her material even on her season were recylced. I'm not sure at which point are we allowed to call comics "lazy." But I'm ready for her to retire her Rolodex.

No tea no shade, love the girl, but like many standups her material even on her season were recylced. I'm not sure at which point are we allowed to call comics "lazy." But I'm ready for her to retire her Rolodex.

Yeah agreed, I do think comedy material is incredibly hard to write and perfect, and we sour on hearing the same joke more than once or twice. But I went to the Drag Race premiere party a couple of months back and she was the MC there, and bitch STILL dropped the same material. She was still immensely entertaining and her off-the-cuff exchanges with Bunny were great, but there was definitely some dissonance in the air, lol.

disco

I posted a bit about it on LettersGAF. I was too toatsed to take pictures, but friends came to the rescue.

Bob walked in purse first. With this adorable, sweet fucking purse:

Raja:

Latrice being a glorious Phoenix down summon:

Juju:

Raven:

And sorry for repeatedly spamming myself but me grabbing a handful of waxy Mama Ru :

And my midlife crisis hair for the occasion:

It just ended and I'm already hyped to go back next year.

I love your glasses! :3

mantidor

So Kim Chi performed in a giant dress... clevergirl.gif

I'll still be so pissed if she wins.

As for miss congeniality
I'm very pleasantly surprised, finally a MC worthy of the name and not some sort of consolation prize for the popular queen that didn't get to top 3, yes miss cucumber won.

Lmao so my friend messaged me telling me that they were filming the finale right outside her work. She doesn't watch DragRace but sent me this saying she thought it was RuPaul at first.

Pqzaxsx.jpg

I love your glasses! :3

Thanks! They're WarbyParker, which I really like cause they're considerably cheaper than normal Brick and mortar glasses stores.

B-Dex

Lmao so my friend messaged me telling me that they were filming the finale right outside her work. She doesn't watch DragRace but sent me this saying she thought it was RuPaul at first.

Thanks! They're WarbyParker, which I really like cause they're considerably cheaper than normal Brick and mortar glasses stores.

Get that promo Alaska.

mantidor

Wow I think that's the best music video this show's ever produced. 20% credit goes to the concept and song, 80% to the cast.

You are giving the song way too much credit :p

I know Ru's music isn't exactly poetry but the lyrics in this song are a new low in dumb, not to mention the song itself is kind of lame. The top 3 absolutely make this video watchable though.

Ok, so these interviews have been so short and boring. Last year's cast was a bore but I remember the conversations were much more meaningful and they even had surprises for some of them (Jasmine, Jaidynn...)

Can't wait to see how Naomi steals the crown!

Gradon

My thoughts so far:
These adverts for other Logo shows are awful.
Derrick has never looked better.
These interviews have been very short.
There are so many advert breaks.
I think Kim Chi is gonna win.
I want Bob to win.

Yay to my Cucu winning Miss C. She one of the most congenial queens to be on the show so she deserves it
even though I would've liked to see Thorgy winning it too a la Katya/BenDeLa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom