• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rushy reveals Driveclub's car list

klodeckel

Banned
Game really looks promising but the car list is missing so damn much cars I would like to see ... Not having an Enzo in the game is kind of underwhelming. Also, no Porsche (I know ... EA -.-) and no Lambo.

Lucifon

50 cars seems seriously low especially considering the year delay... Forza 5 was a launch game and managed around 200.

Vestax

Banned
Uh, is this really the full list? 'Cause I don't see no 'merican cars in there, now...

Give me something Ford/Chevy people...

EDIT: Still getting it Day 1...

ruttyboy

I feel sad for those who like American cars, but as a European and after a lifetime of hilarious propaganda about how the Mustang is "the ultimate car" and how 'muscle cars' are desirable, this car list is a breath of fresh air!

Needs more Japanese cars though. And European classics, gimme an A110 please.

Looking forward to driving some of those cars.

Hopefully some of the following will be made available as DLC

Jaguar F-Type V8 Coupe
Nissan GTR Nismo
Nissan 370Z
Ford Focus ST
Toyota GT86 / Subaru BRZ
Honda Civic Type R
Mazda MX-5 (Miata)
Vauxhall Astra VXR
Bugatti Veyron
Ferrari LaFerrari
Caterham R500
Noble M600
Any Lambo (if not locked down by Forza)

Left out the rotaries!

PseudoViper

lexus-lfa-05.jpg

That is one sexy car...

I feel sad for those who like American cars, but as a European and after a lifetime of hilarious propaganda about how the Mustang is "the ultimate car" and how 'muscle cars' are desirable, this car list is a breath of fresh air!

That makes no sense. Variety is the spice of life.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It's a good list with variety but I echo others' criticism that it lacks Japanese and American cars. I really hope the new region and some of the new cars represent one of those two.

Vestax

Banned

Where have you heard the whole "ultimate car" thing? Mustangs are great cars, I can say the same about Corvettes. Tons of fun. They lacked quality build at one point, but they've improved a lot in the last few years.

ruttyboy

Where have you heard the whole "ultimate car" thing? Mustangs are great cars, I can say the same about Corvettes. Tons of fun. They lacked quality build at one point, but they've improved a lot in the last few years.

In pretty much every movie about cars I've seen in my entire life? You can replace Mustang with any other of the American muscle cars though. Don't get me wrong Smokey and the Bandit is a great film though ;-)

EDIT: I understand that if you're from the USA you probably don't realise it, but Hollywood is hilariously slanted towards portraying 'muscle cars' as being the best cars in the world. An example, Gone in 60 Seconds, they steal loads of other cars that are far more desirable, but of course the 'ultimate car' is a Mustang.

Exactly, which is why it's refreshing to have a (western developed) computer game where American cars aren't emphasised.

But we see these cars in tons of racing games, Ferraris, Porsche/RUF, Audi, etc ... they are staples if not requirements, just like American cars like the Mustang, Vette, etc ..

I ain't too mad. I tend to gravitate towards the more exotic anyway but I love how Vette's usually handle in these games.

EDIT: Ah, you're basing this on American car culture pushing American cars in American movies. Carry on!

EDIT: I understand that if you're from the USA you probably don't realise it, but Hollywood is hilariously slanted towards portraying 'muscle cars' as being the best cars in the world. An example, Gone in 60 Seconds, they steal loads of other cars that are far more desirable, but of course the 'ultimate car' is a Mustang.

I think you're just projecting a bit here. That car was a collector and it had "history" with the guy. Most of the other cars were newer exotics.

QuikNez

Game really looks promising but the car list is missing so damn much cars I would like to see ... Not having an Enzo in the game is kind of underwhelming. Also, no Porsche (I know ... EA -.-) and no Lambo.

Still buying it day one, but I agree with you 100% - overall pretty sparse selection - I would have liked to see more given the time in development.

Probably the price we pay for the visual orgy that is DC.

ruttyboy

But we see these cars in tons of racing games, Ferraris, Porsche/RUF, Audi, etc ... they are staples if not requirements, just like American cars like the Mustang, Vette, etc ..

I ain't too mad. I tend to gravitate towards the more exotic anyway but I love how Vette's usually handle in these games.

EDIT: Ah, you're basing this on American car culture pushing American cars in American movies. Carry on!

Indeed, unfortunately we don't get many British car movies to redress the balance anymore.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be in there, just that due to focus that American cars usually get (above their real world status I would argue) in videogames and movies, it is a nice change to see someone break from the norm.

MaDKaT

While I can certainly appreciate the cars in the list, I can't help but feel a little disappointed at the notable lack of key cars from other regions of the globe. I'm fine with a game featuring 50 cars. Not every racing games needs 1000 cars. However my personal preference would be to feature 2-3 key performing cars from notable manufactures.

Tigress

Except they don't even have Lamborghinis even with a Eurocentric list.

And yes, for me, that's a huge dealkiller. My biggest goal in any racing game is to get the Lamborghinis. On top of that, seeing as I don't even think I've seen a racing game who dared not have one, I'll admit I've gotten used to them being in a game so I consider it severely lacking if a game doesn't have one (so I am not even trying to console myself with, "Well, that's just your personal ultimate car." because it seems most games agree with me that Lamborghinis are a staple and there should at least be one or two).

Vestax

Banned
In pretty much every movie about cars I've seen in my entire life? You can replace Mustang with any other of the American muscle cars though. Don't get me wrong Smokey and the Bandit is a great film though ;-)

Well, yeah.
It's 'merica...if you don't like it, you best leave planet earth!

/jk

ICPEE

I agree, Evolution and PD should work together & share assets.
Thats what i said in the other thread. It will shorten development time for both developers if they can collaborate. Gran Turismo definately needs better engine sounds and would benefit if they can get their hands on the Evolution Studios library of recordings.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Didn't we already know the number of cars in the game? What is is about seeing the number printed that suddenly brings gasps from people?

ICPEE

Didn't we already know the number of cars in the game? What is is about seeing the number printed that suddenly brings gasps from people?
Beats me. The car count was known for months. Then there's the crowd that's moaning about no Japanese cars.
Evo can't please everyone. Ditto ^^^.

LaNaranja

Wow that is an incredibly disappointing list of cars. The PS+ demo will need to have some spectacular gameplay to convince me to buy the full game and even then I will probably wait for a discount.

ruttyboy

And yes, for me, that's a huge dealkiller. My biggest goal in any racing game is to get the Lamborghinis. On top of that, seeing as I don't even think I've seen a racing game who dared not have one, I'll admit I've gotten used to them being in a game so I consider it severely lacking if a game doesn't have one (so I am not even trying to console myself with, "Well, that's just your personal ultimate car." because it seems most games agree with me that Lamborghinis are a staple and there should at least be one or two).

I'm not saying it's a perfect list, just that it's different to the usual, which some people will dislike and some people, like myself, will appreciate.

And flyinpiranha, that was just the first thing that popped into my head, there's hundreds if not thousands of examples out there. It's an obvious and easily explainable phenomena that American films marketed at American audiences would feature American cars, it's just with the predominance of Hollywood it can become tiresome when you're not in the targeted demographic.

joecanada

well its a racing game so there's gonna be complaints about the car list... as long as there's fast cars it works for me....

But two volkswagon mid size !!? Beetle GSR?? LOL

still hyped for game though.

Marlenus

The lack of Lamborghinis is a disappointment to me as well but there are still some epic cars on that list like the Atom V8, Alfa 4C, P1 etc.

I do hope the DLC has a wide variety of cars from all over the world though.

Cidd

Can't wait until this game is released so we can finally move on the better things. Personally, I think this game will be nothing but a great graphical showcase for the PS4 much like Killzone: SF.

Vestax

Banned
Can't wait until this game is released so we can finally move on the better things. Personally, I think this game will be nothing but a great graphical showcase for the PS4 much like Killzone: SF.

I agree. I think it will set the bar for current-gen racing games. Played FH2 demo, despite of how may people are trying to hype it up, it's not looking "awesome". Great, but never had a "wow" moment like I've had with Infamous or KZ in terms of visuals.

Top Bottom