• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rushy reveals Driveclub's car list

v1lla21

Ehh not really bothered by the lack of Japanese cars. I would've liked the s15 and GTR though. An NSX would've been glorious too but not really tripping about it.

Seventy5

PS+ cars

Hot Hatches:
Renault Clio RS
Volkswagen Golf GTI

Sports:
Bentley Continental GT Speed
Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

Performance:
BMW M3 GTS
Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale

Super:
Ariel Atom 500 V8, Audi R8 V10 Plus
BAC Mono

Hyper:
Pagani Huayra, Pagani Zonda R
CTR3 Clubsport
No McLarens? Guess I'm buying the full version.

DJ_Lae

Lack of American and Japanese cars is disappointing. I mean, would it have hurt to have one or two in there?

That's my biggest gripe too - the car list is good, albeit short, but there are some pretty big holes.

A couple of muscle cars, maybe a WRX and a Lancer and a GTR and I'd be good.

MMaRsu

Banned
This is wrong. Forza Motorsport 5 did not use any assets from the previous games. They rebuilt all the tracks and cars from the scratch. Everything else got cut - courageous decision. That's also why the game did not has as much content as previous Forza titles. But that shouldn't be the topic here, just wanted to correct that statement.

That article really doesnt tell me if they really rebuilt all cars from scratch. And even if they did they still had all the old models to work from. I think Driveclub's cars are the most painstaking real lifelike recreations seen in a video game. And there a shitload of cars still coming in the season pass and even a bunch of them for free! Rejoice!

PS+ cars

Hot Hatches:
Renault Clio RS
Volkswagen Golf GTI

Sports:
Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

Performance:
BMW M3 GTS

Super:
Ariel Atom 500 V8, Audi R8 V10 Plus
BAC Mono

Hyper:
Pagani Huayra, Pagani Zonda R
CTR3 Clubsport

Great list

Loudninja

Can't wait until this game is released so we can finally move on the better things. Personally, I think this game will be nothing but a great graphical showcase for the PS4 much like Killzone: SF.
I really don't get posts like these.

I knew people would bitch about them being Euro only but I don't mind it. I think it's a pretty robust list given all the issues surrounding production.

I'll gladly take a shorter list of cars if it means these visuals. Best looking racing game I've ever seen.

Tigress

The lack of Lamborghinis is a disappointment to me as well but there are still some epic cars on that list like the Atom V8, Alfa 4C, P1 etc.

I do hope the DLC has a wide variety of cars from all over the world though.

Yeah,but for me it's an absolute dealkiller to be honest (even more so than the Microtransactions which I do try to make a point of at least trying to avoid games with them, I already wanted to not buy it over that but I admit that is something I could get over if the game was good enough). That's the first thing I look for in a racing game, what Lamborghinis does it have. And adding it as paid DLC won't make it better cause that just means it's more expensive to actually get the cars I insist on it having.

I'll just hope for another driving game to scratch that itch.

No EVO's?

giphy.gif

Hopefully we get some dlc for japanese imports cars.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I really don't get posts like these.

Jut your bottom jaw out and wrap your bottom lip over your top lip. Now read it out loud and you'll 'get posts like these.' You might want to hold up a picture of a girlfriend that just ditched you to fully commit emotionally.

Jut your bottom jaw out and wrap your bottom lip over your top lip. Now read it out loud and you'll 'get posts like these.'
So rude.

People who played it loved how it handles. Game seems fun and the social aspect can turn out to be a great way to extend longevity. Saying people should move on to better things is dismissive of the game quality and of people's desire to play it.

And it doesn't really make much sense to be in this thread only to say a game one hasn't played is going to suck to everyone.

mreddie

No Lambos has me a bit disappointed but this list is a lot more interesting than what others predicted. There is DLC of course.

T.O.P

Banned
I agree. I think it will set the bar for current-gen racing games. Played FH2 demo, despite of how may people are trying to hype it up, it's not looking "awesome". Great, but never had a "wow" moment like I've had with Infamous or KZ in terms of visuals.

Jlaw-okay.gif

Dre3001

No American or Japanese cars?? Bummer

Still buying the game regardless but would have loved to see a little more diversity.

m@cross

Quick google of the cars here; obviously paint will likely be different and soem nuances. Possible errors with named images, but should be close to correct. Underline = Plus free

Audi A1 quattro
6737_p1_s_1.jpg

Mini John Cooper Works GP
mini-hatchback-1-6-john-cooper-works-gp-3dr-90114859-1.jpg

Renault Clio RS
9-2144640-renault%20clio%20rs%20cup%20(11)_t300.jpg

Volkswagen Golf GTI
Oettinger_GTI_Mk_7_white3-300x200.jpg

Volkswagen Beetle GSR
2014_beetlegsr_in1.jpg

Audi RS5
11188_m.jpg

Audi TT RS Plus
audi-tt-rs-plus-1-285365.jpg

Bentley Continental GT V8
2013_bentley_continental-gt_coupe_base_rq_oem_3_300.jpg

BMW M135i
BMW-M135i-Tuning_ke3.jpg

BMW M235i
bmw-2-series-m235i-2dr-90030243-1.jpg

Lotus Evora Sports Racer
lotus-evora-v6-s-4-S1265075-1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG
2014-Mercedes-Benz-CLA-45-AMG-300x200.jpg

Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
2014-mercedes-benz-a45-amg-1-300x200.jpg

Alfa Romeo 4C
alfa-romeo-4c-tbi-launch-edition-S1381363-1.jpg

Aston Martin Vanquish
61lTei5xZXL._SX300_.jpg

Aston Martin V12 Zagato
zagato+to+make+us+debut+next+week_938_800699780_0_0_14025080_300.jpg

Audi RS6 Avant
2013_audi_rs-6-avant_actprf_ns_100813_300.jpg

bentley-continental-gt-6-0-w12-speed-2dr-auto-ceramic-brakes-big-spec-88297608-1.jpg

BMW M3 GTS
bmw-m3-psi-3-300x200.jpg

BMW M5
2014_bmw_m5_sedan_base_fq_oem_4_300.jpg

Ferrari California
2012_ferrari_california_convertible_base_fq_oem_1_300.jpg

Ferrari FF
11096_m.jpg

Lotus Exige S
lotus-exige-s3-s-race-and-premium-sport-S1313788-1.jpg

granturismo_mc_stradale-01.jpg

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series
2012_mercedes-benz_c-class_coupe_c63-amg_fq_oem_4_300.jpg

Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG 45th Anniversary Edition
mercedes_benz_sl_65_amg_45th_anniversary_restyled_1024x768_wallpaper-300x200.jpg

RUF RGT 8
Untitled17.jpg

Spyker C8 Aileron
car_photo_303289_8.jpg

Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
2015_aston-martin_v12-vantage-s_coupe_base_fq_oem_6_300.jpg

Aston Martin One 77
Aston%20Martin%20One-77.jpg

Ariel Atom 500 V8
Ariel-Atom-500-V8-Front-Angle-HD-Wallpaper-300x200.jpg

Audi R8 V10 Plus
01-r8-bb-300x200.jpg

BAC Mono
BAC-MONO-Orange-Front-Side-View-HD-Wallpaper-300x200.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari+458+Italia+%2528car-cars-wallpapers.blogspot.com%2529+%252812%2529.jpg

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
31DhDP9FF8L.jpg

Ferrari 599 GTO
11-ferrari-599gto-01.jpg

Ferrari 430 Scuderia
car_photo_313021_8.jpg

Marussia B2
marussia1.jpg

McLaren 12C
2013_mclaren_mp4-12c_coupe_base_fq_oem_1_300.jpg

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Black Series
s3_1.jpg

RUF RT12 R
Img1897662_300.jpg

Savage Rivale GTR-S
small_96462.jpg

Spania GTA GTA Spano
frontolateral-2.jpg

Gumpert Apollo Enraged
Black-Gumpert-Apollo-Enraged-Gambar-HD-Wallpaper-300x200.jpg

Hennesey Venom GT
hennessey_venom_gt_hennessey_venom_gt_black_001_qu4i8r9z.mthumb.jpg

Koenigsegg Agera R
625_crop_300x200_koenigsegg-agera-r_1.jpg

McLaren P1
51gAxA6oBVL._SX300_.jpg

Pagani Huayra
11122_m.jpg

Pagani Zonda R
$T2eC16RHJF8E9nnC7Q3)BQItG7IwMg~~60_35.JPG

RUF CTR3 Clubsport
porsche-ruf-S798831-1.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT 2015
mercedes-amg-gt-cropped-thumb-300x200-44478.jpg

RoKKeR

So a bunch of supercars, European sedans and some hot hatches. (Fiesta ST?)

I understand the focus of this game is different than other racers but I can't help but he disappointed by this list.

Putty

Looks might fine for my own tastes. 50 cars or so, lovely jubbly. Don't think i drove half of that amount in GT5. October 10th (UK) can't come soon enough.

Arials

The Hennessey Venom GT is American and it's made in Texas which must be double 'merica points. That's more than enough token inclusion for one game.

_woLf

That's...not as many cars as I would have hoped.

No lancer is very disappointing as that's my usual go-to for racers. :( Too many super cars, not enough tuners.

m@cross

Why is the nissan GTR not in this game? wtf?

You put the mini cooper in the game but not the GTR

wat

You understand that you can't put any car you want in a game? They need to reach an agreement to license it, get access to it for their design purposes etc.

Hey Nissan guys, Rushy here; send me a skyline for my game to sample ok?

sqwarlock

GTI? Hell yes. I love being able to drive my real car in games, even though this'll probably be the Mk7 and I have the Mk6. Still it's really cool to be able to compare between games and real-life.

fernoca

Digital version is preordered!
The game could have like 5 cars and I'd get it. I usually just get one car and stick with it until I get a faster/prettier car. Don't know about manufacturers. XD

Top Bottom