• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian-American lobbyist says he was in Trump son’s meeting

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
https://apnews.com/dceed1008d8f45af...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Russian-American lobbyist says he attended a June 2016 meeting with President Donald Trump’s son that was billed as part of a Russian government effort to help the Republican campaign.

Rinat Akhmetshin confirmed his participation to The Associated Press Friday. His disclosure marks another shift in the account of the meeting.

Donald Trump Jr. did not disclose Akhmetshin’s presence in statements and emails he released on the meeting earlier this week.

Emails posted by Trump Jr. show that he was told by an associate that the meeting was part of a Russian government effort to help Donald Trump in the election. The associate who helped arrange the meeting told Trump Jr. that the lawyer had damaging information about Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and current White House senior adviser, and then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort also attended the meeting.

Why does that name sound familiar?

Oh yes...

CNN: US Congressman talks Russian money laundering with alleged ex-spy in Berlin

The focus, according to two eyewitnesses in the hotel lobby, was a U.S. federal money-laundering case in New York. The government is targeting Prevezon Holdings, a Cyprus company that has invested in Manhattan real estate and which prosecutors allege was the receptacle for some of the $230 million stolen from Russian taxpayers in 2007. Rohrabacher acknowledged to CNN that the case came up in conversation with Akhmetshin.

snacknuts

we all knew her
These stories kind of make me chuckle at this point, just imagining how cheesed off Trump gets every time a new morsel of damaging information comes out.

mnannola

"Oh ya I forgot there was a fifth person, now that you mention it. He really wasn't important though. THAT WAS IT THOUGH, PINKY PROMISE!"

"Wait you guys found out about the sixth person too? I mean technically there was a sixth person but really they were so much like the fifth person that they kind of blend together. Trust me you will say the same thing if you meet them."

It all makes one wonder what the Trump family had to promise Russia in return?

The presence of the lawyer/lobbyist suggests lifting the sanctions/Magnitsky Act was a major component.

There is also the laundering of Russian oligarch money through US real estate, particularly Putin's personal wealth, which is in new guy Akhmetshin's wheelhouse.

I also wonder if weakening NATO/Five Eyes was on the table but that seems too subtle for these greedy dolts.

hEist

wtf? how many people were in this meeting?
I am sorry, but right now you can't trust Trump Jr. and the Russian Lawyer. Both said that they were only 4 persons in the meeting. They lied about the people that attended this meeting, so everything else ("it was about adoption") can also be a lie.

Kushner and Manafort said nothing about this(statement regarding people/subject)?

Guess Trump was also in this room after all.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Expect to hear the name 'Magnitsky' a lot this year.

thefro

Akhmetshin is "former" Russian GRU

GRU are the ones who leaked DNC emails to Wikileaks soon after this meeting (per CIA).

This is starting to get very plausibile.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Is that the same money laundering case that was quickly settled after Trump fired Preet Bharara? We are getting deep into the Russian nesting dolls.
Yes, yes it is. Things are coming together.

Yes, yes it is. Things are coming together.
1408.gif

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I was in the room too. Time to come clean.

Don Jr: "Guys... it's time to address the giraffe in the room." ...*looks at Ponn*

Ponn:
image.php

Don Jr: *Looks at everyone else*... "Do you think my dad loves me the most?"

Ponn:
image.php
*Ponn reluctantly nods yes*

Adding all of these things together it's pretty fucking obvious these guys colluded and are still in cahoots with Russia. Crazy.

I'm going to possibly be all over the place here, but I understand it in my own head, so please bear with me.

Does this mean that two people involved in the Russian money laundering case were also involved in this meeting?

If so, is that case the same one that was headed by Bharara(sp?), who was fired shortly after this meeting, and same case that was then afterwards settled due to lack of evidence?

I'm going to possibly be all over the place here, but I understand it in my own head, so please bear with me.

Does this mean that two people involved in the Russian money laundering case were also involved in this meeting?

If so, is that case the same one that was headed by the Bharara(sp?), who was fired shortly after this meeting? That same case that was then afterwards settled due to lack of evidence?

Apparently yes. If so this is HUGE fucking news.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Our PR guys are having existential crises watching how badly this is being handled. Hey Trump why don't you release some good news at 6pm Friday just to show that this really is the opposite of PR 101.

I feel like we are seeing so much news covering all the aspects of their awful and treasonous campaign

When do the consequences get levied. Why are these men not in handcuffs

bionic77

Looks like everyone remembers this nothing meeting except the Trumps.

For being the best family ever they sure have shitty memories...

Afrodium

Banned
It's appearing really unlikely that this was a meeting where bogus info was disclosed in the first few minutes before the topic switched to adoptions.

Top Bottom