• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rust is the most frustrating game I have ever played

Is being a griefing simulator special to survival games? Seems like it is any mp game that allows you to kil other players.

No but unlike most other MP games it's the main focus of the game for most people. The "end game" is raiding (Destroying and taking other peoples gear). But it's basically just an arms race to see which group is largest and can get the tools to keep everyone else from being able to build up. So basically larger groups get a bunch of resources quickly, run around and destroy and tear down as much stuff as possible. Since a single, or maybe two groups often hold pretty much all the power in terms of numbers and being online more often, they dominate, get bored and just pray on smaller groups for no particular reason because they don't have anything else to do. It's why survival games need to have a much more pronounced PVE/NPC layer and probably something like factions, but never do.

So I bought Rust and played it for 8 hours straight collecting all the wood and rocks and then a guy kills me and everything is gone - how is that fun? You spend so much time gathering stuff but its too fast to loose everything. I wish they would implement something like GTA V where you cant get attacked and are transparent.

Same shit with ark. Only ark devs want to release dlc's before the main game is finished.

I spent a solid 3 hours building a hut in Ark only to have some full decked out dick head, on a dinosaur, come destroy my shit even though he needed nothing from me.

gotta agree, OG rust was best rust....but Hackers literally ruined that game. If they were able to stop hackers, OG rust would have been best but problem is how they built that game, it made it difficult for them to update, which is why they switched to a different system.

Top Bottom