• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RWBY |OT| Volume 5 starts October 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I think it's just to flesh things out a bit more and give us a better picture of the world. In that article it also says that the animation for the rest of season 2 will be wrapped up this week. I guess they will be starting on season 3 after a break? I hope someone asks that on the live stream.
Well, I mean, you can't just fire everyone or pay them without them doing a job of some sorts. Seeing how they have 4 months of episodes lined up to air (RWBY S1 took July to November) and these episodes take a really fucking long time to make, I'd say they are already in storyboarding and pre-production. Honestly, since the finishing touches were just put on the last episode of S2, they should be starting the finalizations of S3 EP1.
Wait till you get to the 4th episode.
I don't think there's another food fight that can top it.
EDIT: Oh wow, I just noticed that you can see Roman talking to Junior in the beginning of the Yellow trailer when Yang walks in. Didn't notice that before.
I wasn't overly fond of the food fight when I saw it at RTX but maybe that was just me being obscenely uncomfortable of having to sit on my leg for 12 minutes to see above some heads.
And yeah, I think Monty changed his mind halfway through about naming the trailers one-shots. They're very clearly canon now. Which makes me wonder how they're going to fit in the fact that Yang was looking for Blake when she went to the club. I gotta go watch EP2 again where Yang talks with Ruby to Blake.
Giving this a watch out of boredom. In the middle of S2E1. Figure I should start with S2 to give the animation a fair chance.
The action choreography is fun. It would be great if the whole series what just shorts of fight scenes. The characters, dialogue, and "humor" are just... painful.
Painful... Does that include the voice actors? I'm not too into the humor they put in RWBY and the dialogue is pretty single layered at times. But the characters and voice actors are the strong part. I know it's not too much of a complement, but they're all so distinct, and it's easy for everyone to have a different favorite one. I just wonder how much of your displeasure stems from voice actors. They're all novices but they're getting better.
no new episode right when i just start watching
im furious
Yup! That's exactly what I was thinking when the OT was made. But don't fret! There's still content you may not have watched. Like the trailers and production diaries. That might be enough to satiate the hunger. Just be glad you're not waiting week after week for episodes that are random increments of time long... Fucking 4 minute episodes T_T
I'm sure we will see something. I'm excited for this, after really listening to the songs and the story info they have, I really want to know more of the back story.
They're going into song info? Nice. Speaking of songs, I'm gonna post some of the acoustic ones Casey Lee Williams and Jeff WIlliams did at RTX in relation to peoples favorites posted before. If I can find them. Makes me really disappointed I skipped some stuff so I watch GameGrumps with my group. I thought everything would be recorded so I skipped some awesome stuff. Still got to see S2 EP1 though, so it was all worth it.

Fake EDIT : Wait what? Casey Lee Williams if Jeff's daughter and Sandy Lee is his wife? How was I not cognitive of this before? No wonder they sound so similar.

Well, I mean, you can't just fire everyone or pay them without them doing a job of some sorts. Seeing how they have 4 months of episodes lined up to air (RWBY S1 took July to November) and these episodes take a really fucking long time to make, I'd say they are already in storyboarding and pre-production. Honestly, since the finishing touches were just put on the last episode of S2, they should be starting the finalizations of S3 EP1.

Sounds accurate. I'm not too sure how it works but I remember them talking about pre-production in the volume 2 production diaries.

I wasn't overly fond of the food fight when I saw it at RTX but maybe that was just me being obscenely uncomfortable of having to sit on my leg for 12 minutes to see above some heads.
And yeah, I think Monty changed his mind halfway through about naming the trailers one-shots. They're very clearly canon now. Which makes me wonder how they're going to fit in the fact that Yang was looking for Blake when she went to the club. I gotta go watch EP2 again where Yang talks with Ruby to Blake.

Yeah I can imagine how sitting like that might put a damper on things. Wasn't the picture on the cellphone something from Dead Fantasy? I remember reading about it a while ago on the wiki.

Fake EDIT : Wait what? Casey Lee Williams if Jeff's daughter and Sandy Lee is his wife? How was I not cognitive of this before? No wonder they sound so similar.

Yeah, interesting how that lined up with the lyrics in Red Like Roses part 2.

5 minutes till the stream starts but I can already hear what seems like a few new songs playing.

EDIT: Nevermind they're from RvB apparently.

naeS

They're going into song info? Nice. Speaking of songs, I'm gonna post some of the acoustic ones Casey Lee Williams and Jeff WIlliams did at RTX in relation to peoples favorites posted before. If I can find them. Makes me really disappointed I skipped some stuff so I watch GameGrumps with my group. I thought everything would be recorded so I skipped some awesome stuff. Still got to see S2 EP1 though, so it was all worth it.

I'm not sure if they are going to go into the songs themselves. I was referring to Red Like Roses Pt. 2, it is about Ruby and her mom, Summer Rose. And they song is from both of their point of views. From Shadows being about the hate and injustice against the Faunus.

And yeah I knew Jeff and Casey were related, just found out Sandy Casey was related too.

coolasj19

I'm not sure if they are going to go into the songs themselves. I was referring to Red Like Roses Pt. 2, it is about Ruby and her mom, Summer Rose. And they song is from both of their point of views. From Shadows being about the hate and injustice against the Faunus.
And yeah I knew Jeff and Casey were related, just found out Sandy Casey was related too.
Ah, gotcha. Yup.
Some teasing and recapping.

Well that was fun. Did Barbara just confirm a season/volume 3 there? I can't remember what she said exactly and if she was trying to back track.

It's pretty amazing what they can do with a small team. I looked up the LoK credits the other day and they have about 74 people working on it (didn't include voice cast). I'm assuming your traditional animation studio would have around that number of crew members or maybe more. I guess it just shows that it's possible to create something that resonates with people/can become popular even if you don't have a large team or budget.

There's still the history lesson in 45 minutes too.

coolasj19

Well that was fun. Did Barbara just confirm a season/volume 3 there? I can't remember what she said exactly and if she was trying to back track.
It's pretty amazing what they can do with a small team. I looked up the LoK credits the other day and they have about 74 people working on it (didn't include voice cast). I'm assuming your traditional animation studio would have around that number of crew members or maybe more. I guess it just shows that it's possible to create something that resonates with people/can become popular even if you don't have a large team or budget.
There's still the history lesson in 45 minutes too.
History lesson in ~17 minutes. I'll just use my PS4 to switch over to Crunchyroll and watch when it's time.

Yeah, they just started working on S3. Like I said =P. What was the team count for RWBY? Like 25 people or so? But yeah, for how small their team and how base their tools, they put out an impressive amount of content. It would take a team of 5 college animators an entire semester to animate one of those 5 minute S1 episodes is what I always said. With S2 and the environment overhaul, non-generic NPCs, and 12 minute length I doubt the same theoretical college group could do it at all.

They've done an amazing job making it easy to love RWBY. The outfits are designed to be cos-playable, voice actors from existing RT employees, music from artists from previous RvB seasons. And they've really gone as far to bulk up and do it right. I hope they do the same for the video game.

naeS

That was a lot a fun. Great to learn what goes on behind the scenes in making a episode. And the teases are arghhhhh!!! And they pretty much confirmed more Volumes when they said that they have all these places in the world, but they aren't going to be visiting them this Volume.

Now on to the World of Remnant. I think these history lessons will be a good break between episodes. And it seems the first has been received well already.

History lesson in ~17 minutes. I'll just use my PS4 to switch over to Crunchyroll and watch when it's time.

Yeah, they just started working on S3. Like I said =P. What was the team count for RWBY? Like 25 people or so? But yeah, for how small their team and how base their tools, they put out an impressive amount of content. It would take a team of 5 college animators an entire semester to animate one of those 5 minute S1 episodes is what I always said. With S2 and the environment overhaul, non-generic NPCs, and 12 minute length I doubt the same theoretical college group could do it at all.

They've done an amazing job making it easy to love RWBY. The outfits are designed to be cos-playable, voice actors from existing RT employees, music from artists from previous RvB seasons. And they've really gone as far to bulk up and do it right. I hope they do the same for the video game.

Yeah, they've set the ground work so now they just need to expand. Video game news is something I can see them leaving until later in the year.

That was a lot a fun. Great to learn what goes on behind the scenes in making a episode. And the teases are arghhhhh!!! And they pretty much confirmed more Volumes when they said that they have all these places in the world, but they aren't going to be visiting them this Volume.

Now on to the World of Remnant. I think these history lessons will be a good break between episodes. And it seems the first has been received well already.

Well it confirms that characters like Cinder at least use dust in it's raw form while characters like Yang for example use it in cartridge form.

I think they also teased a new character (dude with the dust coat), I don't see why they would mention something specific like that and not have it shown in a future episode at some point. I would have liked to be a little longer, maybe talk about the world but they're proabably saving that for a future history lesson.

IIRC the next breaks will occur after episode 7 and after episode 10.

naeS

Well it confirms that characters like Cinder at least use dust in it's raw form while characters like Yang for example use it in cartridge form.

I think they also teased a new character (dude with the dust coat), I don't see why they would mention something specific like that and not have it shown in a future episode at some point. I would have liked to be a little longer, maybe talk about the world but they're proabably saving that for a future history lesson.

IIRC the next breaks will occur after episode 7 and after episode 10.

Did they tease a new character? I must have missed it...

The question about whether dust could "run out" did stir some interesting thoughts. And war over dust could create some turmoil and would be pretty cool.

Did they tease a new character? I must have missed it...

The question about whether dust could "run out" did stir some interesting thoughts. And war over dust could create some turmoil and would be pretty cool.

Yeah, it's around the halfway point when the narrator talks about how dust can be infused into clothing, you can see the silhouette of a guy wearing a coat, and the bottom half of the coat is glowing.

I think that's what they are working towards right now with Cinder having Torchwick steal all the dust he can.

And episode 4 of volume 2 is up on youtube now for anyone who watches it there.

naeS

Yeah, it's around the halfway point when the narrator talks about how dust can be infused into clothing, you can see the silhouette of a guy wearing a coat, and the bottom half of the coat is glowing.

I think that's what they are working towards right now with Cinder having Torchwick steal all the dust he can.

Oh it's in the History lesson video, ah that's why I am confused. Haven't watched it yet.

Could be, trying to experiment with Dust to see what is possible. Could be a way to buff one's abilities or use as a shield.

Or someone above Cinder even calling the shots. I think this goes pretty deep. We are just scratching the surface.

SkyOdin

Thinking about it, if that was Blake in the photo Yang showed Junior in the yellow trailer, then the yellow trailer probably takes place alongside the last couple episodes of volume 1, when Blake had run off and the rest of Team RWBY were looking for her. The few comments in volume 2 imply that the nightclub incident was something that happened relatively recently, too.

Thinking about it, if that was Blake in the photo Yang showed Junior in the yellow trailer, then the yellow trailer probably takes place alongside the last couple episodes of volume 1, when Blake had run off and the rest of Team RWBY were looking for her. The few comments in volume 2 imply that the nightclub incident was something that happened relatively recently, too.

The Yellow trailer is definitely before season 1. We see Torchwick talking to Junior about hiring his guys. They were the same guys Ruby beat up in the robbery at the start of teh first episode.

I don't think its Blake she's looking for in the trailer. The image on her Scroll could have come from a render of Blake, but its been extremely modified to not resemble anyone.

The livestream is up on Youtube, if anyone missed it. It starts at the 14 minute mark. Before that, it's just streaming the recording booth with the RvB soundtrack playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7lsmq4x9fE&list=UUzH3iADRIq1IJlIXjfNgTpA

Oh it's in the History lesson video, ah that's why I am confused. Haven't watched it yet.

Could be, trying to experiment with Dust to see what is possible. Could be a way to buff one's abilities or use as a shield.

Or someone above Cinder even calling the shots. I think these goes pretty deep. We are just scratching the surface.

Yep, Monty is pretty imaginative when it comes to weapons so I imagine it will be the same with people who use dust in its raw form. I don't think Cinder is going to be the final antagonist so I also expect there to be someone above her.

I think it does take place before episode 1. IIRC Weiss mentions something about blowing up nightclubs in the first or second episode of volume 1.

Painful... Does that include the voice actors? I'm not too into the humor they put in RWBY and the dialogue is pretty single layered at times. But the characters and voice actors are the strong part. I know it's not too much of a complement, but they're all so distinct, and it's easy for everyone to have a different favorite one. I just wonder how much of your displeasure stems from voice actors. They're all novices but they're getting better.

It's more the single-layered dialogue, as you said. The acting for most of the characters actually did not strike me as completely awful. About on par with, if not slightly better than, your average professional English anime dub. It's just that a lot of the talking scenes are full of cringe-worthy attempts at making the characters humorous and lovable.

naeS

The Yellow trailer is definitely before season 1. We see Torchwick talking to Junior about hiring his guys. They were the same guys Ruby beat up in the robbery at the start of teh first episode.

I don't think its Blake she's looking for in the trailer. The image on her Scroll could have come from a render of Blake, but its been extremely modified to not resemble anyone.

Yeah, it isn't Blake. http://montyoum.deviantart.com/art/Transient-Princess-136525544

And for comparison, the Yellow trailer. Stop at 1:40.
Yellow Trailer

One thing I just remembered from the livestream is when Barbara mentioned getting emails from parents talking about how they showed RWBY to their kids and how much they liked it.

It makes sense when you think about it, the colourful aesthetic, lack of extreme gore and vulgarity would make it appealing to younger audiences. I think the all female main cast would make it appealing to younger girls in particular.

naeS

One thing I just remembered from the livestream is when Barbara mentioned getting emails from parents talking about how they showed RWBY to their kids and how much they liked it.

It makes sense when you think about it, the colourful aesthetic, lack of extreme gore and vulgarity would make it appealing to younger audiences. I think the all female main cast would make it appealing to younger girls in particular.

Yep, I think it's part of the charm. It has violence but doesn't push it too far. Hunters, Huntresses, monsters, a lot of similarities to fairy tales.

I watched the World Of Remnant last night, and just re-watched Vol 2. Ep. 1, Cinder's outfit looks like it is fused with Dust.

Yep, I think it's part of the charm. It has violence but doesn't push it too far. Hunters, Huntresses, monsters, a lot of similarities to fairy tales.

I watched the World Of Remnant last night, and just re-watched Vol 2. Ep. 1, Cinder's outfit looks like it is fused with Dust.

I wonder if that will change in the coming seasons when we get to the darker and more serious moments in the story. I'm also wondering if next week's episode will be longer due to the off-week break. I can't remember if that happened with volume 1's breaks.

I think Glynda also uses raw dust as well. The way I understood it is that dust in cartridge/contained form has pre-determined effects like rifles/pistols/Yang's gauntlets and raw dust allows you to be more creative since that depends on your discipline and control of your aura IIRC.

Kyuur

Wasn't a huge fan of episode 4 compared to the other three episodes this season. World info video they released was pretty neat though.

naeS

I wonder if that will change in the coming seasons when we get to the darker and more serious moments in the story. I'm also wondering if next week's episode will be longer due to the off-week break. I can't remember if that happened with volume 1's breaks.

I think Glynda also uses raw dust as well. The way I understood it is that dust in cartridge/contained form has pre-determined effects like rifles/pistols/Yang's gauntlets and raw dust allows you to be more creative since that depends on your discipline and control of your aura IIRC.

I wouldn't mind some darker moments, some tension and peril. But keep the humor and charm.

That is how I understood it as well. Cartridge dust is combined synthetically and is more controlled. And like you said, raw dust can allow for more creativity, but is much more dangerous. I wonder what types of abilities come from the other naturally formed types of Dust. Oh man, so many possibilities!!!!

Wasn't a huge fan of episode 4 compared to the other three episodes this season. World info video they released was pretty neat though.

I thought it was nice way to end the arc especially with that fantastic
team RWBY battle
at the end. What about it did you not like in particular?

As for those lore videos, we'll likely be getting two more (after episode 7 and 10).

I wouldn't mind some darker moments, some tension and peril. But keep the humor and charm.

That is how I understood it as well. Cartridge dust is combined synthetically and is more controlled. And like you said, raw dust can allow for more creativity, but is much more dangerous. I wonder what types of abilities come from the other naturally formed types of Dust. Oh man, so many possibilities!!!!

I think that's what will end up happening as well. They've demonstrated that they know where to use humour and where not to when it comes to more serious moments (not something as dark as character death but moments like Jaune and Pyrra on the rooftop, anything involving Ozpin, etc).

I think it's too early for it to happen now but I can see someone biting the dust :)p) in the later seasons.

The lore video is really just a basic primer on dust. It's something they're going to have to elaborate upon in future episodes, preferably with some demonstrations woven into the story.

naeS

team RWBY battle

As for those lore videos, we'll likely be getting two more (after episode 7 and 10).

I think that's what will end up happening as well. They've demonstrated that they know where to use humour and where not to when it comes to more serious moments (not something as dark as character death but moments like Jaune and Pyrra on the rooftop, anything involving Ozpin, etc).

I think it's too early for it to happen now but I can see someone biting the dust :)p) in the later seasons.

The lore video is really just a basic primer on dust. It's something they're going to have to elaborate upon in future episodes, preferably with some demonstrations woven into the story.

Yeah I really like Episode 4, it was really cool seeing how RWBY progressed as a team in between Volumes. The
move-sets
used in the
battle with Torchwick
were very cool. I can't wait too see more and if the other teams have developed any as well.

And I thought I heard Gray say in the live stream there would be 3 "breaks" so I think we will get 3 WoR videos.

Yes, I liked the scenes with Jaune and Pyrra. I can see that being a good "side story". And anything involving Ozpin is always mysterious. Especially with the
cryptic message
from
Qrow
and what Ironwood knows about it too.

Yeah I really like Episode 4, it was really cool seeing how RWBY progressed as a team in between Volumes. The
move-sets
used in the
battle with Torchwick
were very cool. I can't wait too see more and if the other teams have developed any as well.

And I thought I heard Gray say in the live stream there would be 3 "breaks" so I think we will get 3 WoR videos.

Yes, I liked the scenes with Jaune and Pyrra. I can see that being a good "side story". And anything involving Ozpin is always mysterious. Especially with the
cryptic message
from
Qrow
and what Ironwood knows about it too.

We just had the first break this week, the next will be after episode 7 and the last after episode 10.

The stuff with
Qrow
I expect them to address at some point this season, since it seems to concern Cinder's plans which are
"proceeding to phase 2"
now. What I'm anticipating the most right now is that tournament, since that will be a prime opportunity to show off some of the antagonists in a fight so we can get a better sense of how capable they are in combat.

There's also this post I found on the RWBY reddit which made for an interesting read. It mostly concerns how seasons 1 and 2 are setup and what we can potentially expect

naeS

We just had the first break this week, the next will be after episode 7 and the last after episode 10.

The stuff with
Qrow
I expect them to address at some point this season, since it seems to concern Cinder's plans which are
"proceeding to phase 2"
now. What I'm anticipating the most right now is that tournament, since that will be a prime opportunity to show off some of the antagonists in a fight so we can get a better sense of how capable they are in combat.

There's also this post I found on the RWBY reddit which made for an interesting read. It mostly concerns how seasons 1 and 2 are setup and what we can potentially expect

I thought he had said 4,7,10, and 12. But it's just 4,7, and 10, my mistake. I thought we had 3 more after this week.

And yes the tournament, and we will get to see the other teams!

Thanks for that link, was a good read.

Kieli

A 74-member production crew is a bit bigger than I envisioned.

For some reason, I got into my head that RWBY was the craft of a small 10-ish person team.

For some reason, I got into my head that RWBY was the craft of a small 10-ish person team.

The 74-person team was referring to the team that produces Legend of Korra.

RWBY has a much smaller production crew, which includes nine animators and four modelers (with Monty doing both.) Looking over the credits, the entire crew (minus voice actors and music) is probably somewhere closer to 25 people.

I thought he had said 4,7,10, and 12. But it's just 4,7, and 10, my mistake. I thought we had 3 more after this week.

And yes the tournament, and we will get to see the other teams!

Thanks for that link, was a good read.

If everything goes according to plan (including off-week breaks) the last episode (12) will air on October 30th. I think they already foreshadowed who's going up against who in the opening so my most anticipated match-up is
Yang vs Mercury

The 74-person team was referring to the team that produces Legend of Korra.

RWBY has a much smaller production crew, which includes nine animators and four modelers (with Monty doing both.) Looking over the credits, the entire crew (minus voice actors and music) is probably somewhere closer to 25 people.

Thanks. After looking at a few random wiki pages the average size of a traditional 2D animation studio seems to be around 70-120 or so. It probably varies more but I only looked at a few studios.

coolasj19

Or someone above Cinder even calling the shots. I think this goes pretty deep. We are just scratching the surface.
Please no. That's sooooooooo contrived. But, it'll probably happen anyway. Whatever.
It's more the single-layered dialogue, as you said. The acting for most of the characters actually did not strike me as completely awful. About on par with, if not slightly better than, your average professional English anime dub. It's just that a lot of the talking scenes are full of cringe-worthy attempts at making the characters humorous and lovable.
Welp, can't make you laugh at humour. Loosen up a bit? =P

This post took 5 hours to write/submit. Dafuq?

naeS

If everything goes according to plan (including off-week breaks) the last episode (12) will air on October 30th. I think they already foreshadowed who's going up against who in the opening so my most anticipated match-up is
Yang vs Mercury

Definitely
Ruby vs Cinder.

Please no. That's sooooooooo contrived. But, it'll probably happen anyway. Whatever.

But it's gonna be sooo good!

Klyka

Banned
I am quite amazed this got a second season.

It's not a very good show but sometimes when I have a quick bite to eat I put an episode on since it just lasts like 10min or so.

I am quite amazed this got a second season.

It's not a very good show but sometimes when I have a quick bite to eat I put an episode on since it just lasts like 10min or so.

Rooster Teeth doesn't have to go through all the red tape that a normal studio would have to in order to get their work out to the public (it's an animated web series after all) so working on a second season isn't an issue for them.

Monty is planning around 7-10 seasons so it's barely even started really.

Considering how quickly RWBY rose to popularity (tons of fanart, cosplay, figures/plushies, announced localization in Japan, viewership, etc) expect to see more of it in the future.

Personally I'm excited to see how they're going to improve things in the future. I think season 2 so far is a good indication of how that progression will go each season.

Kyuur

team RWBY battle

The enemy they were fighting was not particularly interesting. Combo attacks are cool and all, but it just felt like they were fighting a huge damage sponge that eventually burst. The mech from the Blake trailer was much more interesting.

The enemy they were fighting was not particularly interesting. Combo attacks are cool and all, but it just felt like they were fighting a huge damage sponge that eventually burst. The mech from the Blake trailer was much more interesting.

I'm going to say that Monty's fights are at their best when they are up against human opponents because there's more room for interesting choreography when the participants are of similar size.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the heck out of episode 4, especially Yang's moment but I'm looking forward to that tournament arc now since we should be getting plenty of just that.

Now that you mention the Black trailer I wonder if Adam will show up at some point this season. Any fights with him involved will no doubt be entertaining.

I just marathoned RWBY and I love it but I don't know why. The VA work is bad, the script isn't the greatest and aside from the fight scenes the whole production has a wonky, cheap feeling to it. But the writing kind of reminds me of campy action shows like Power Rangers or Johnny Quest and I can't help but like it.

naeS

I just marathoned RWBY and I love it but I don't know why. The VA work is bad, the script isn't the greatest and aside from the fight scenes the whole production has a wonky, cheap feeling to it. But the writing kind of reminds me of campy action shows like Power Rangers or Johnny Quest and I can't help but like it.

Adding to what VanillaCakeIsBurning said above, with it being a web series they don't necessarily have the budget to get true voice actors so they used people from the company. Secretaries, their receptionist, etc... But I think that is what makes it so good in my opinion. It's a passion project, there is a lot more heart in it.

I feel that all of those things have somewhat improved over the course of the show so far. From what I understand the writers have mainly worked on RvB so writing for something like this must make for a different experience. Rooster Teeth funds this out of their own pocket where as traditional studios get contracted/funded by other companies to produce works IIRC. They don't have the same kind of resources that long running studios that were established decades ago have in terms of experience. I think it's safe to classify it as an "indie project" if that makes sense.

Still, I think what they've done so far is admirable given what they're working with and it's with that context that I look at RWBY. I realize not everyone is going to view things the same way I do but I thought I would just put it out there if anyone was curious.

KiraFA37

We have RWBY thread on GAF? Subscribed. Haven't watched S1 completely yet but I watched something around 8 episodes in random order starting with the last. Need to marathon it one of these days. In the mean time I'll keep listening to the OST which is great.

coolasj19

Sheer. Charm. It's overwhelming.
We have RWBY thread on GAF? Subscribed. Haven't watched S1 completely yet but I watched something around 8 episodes in random order starting with the last. Need to marathon it one of these days. In the mean time I'll keep listening to the OST which is great.
Yup yup. It's sparkling shiny and brand brand new. We got off on a weird day though since the same week it was made was the same week we got episode 4.5. I'll PM people if I have to though to watch Ep5.
It's a joke.
But I may or may not be serious.
OST is pretty awesome.

I'm bored. I'm gonna watch S1 while playing Civ5 or something.

Sheer. Charm. It's overwhelming.

Yup yup. It's sparkling shiny and brand brand new. We got off on a weird day though since the same week it was made was the same week we got episode 4.5. I'll PM people if I have to though to watch Ep5.
It's a joke.
But I may or may not be serious.
OST is pretty awesome.

I'm bored. I'm gonna watch S1 while playing Civ5 or something.

I chose a bad time to make the OT I guess. Would have been better if I made it before season 2 started but I didn't even consider making it until I posted that one thread about the Japanese localization.

Things will be fine once the new episode hits this Thursday and we're back to a normal release schedule.

coolasj19

Done with my Civ5/RWBY session. I forgot to post this last night some 5 hours after I started my marathon. Those trailers really add some length. Some observations.
• They've seemingly almost completely dropped humor as an as a defining aspect between the first and second seasons.
• Has Yang been on a shorter fuse the last couple of episodes or does Neptune just annoy the shit out of her?
• Yup yup, Cinder definitely has Dust infused clothing.
• The things I love about RWBY are... basically everything. It's like Roosterteeth made this show for me.
• They cut out all of those gimmicks from S2. No more RT Animated appearances, no more weird 2.5D chibi things, no more lots of things.
• I think they've strayed off the "Look! It's like an anime!" path for S2. It very much has it's own personality now.
• Something about S2 feels distinctly RvB'ish. I'd have to watch my seasons again but I'm absolutely positive Burnie and Matt put their hands on this more than a little bit. The pacing and tonal shifts aren't anything like they were before. That could be because they have different content than introducing the teams, but it's more than that.
• Seems like Dust is a really inefficient fuel for bullets. It's operates more like propellant than anything else. Yes, I know Gunpowder is propellant but bullets don't do shit in this world. What are the bullets actually made out of? Does it use Dust propellant and Dust casing? Or just Dust as the propellant and something different as casing? Cause these things dissolve on impact or something.
• Ruby herself is less of massive dork. As adorkable as she is.
• Yang getting those (speculated) anger management issues under control?
• Does everyone know Blake is a Faunus now? Good going Weiss.
• Weiss has really been a lot less of an Ice Queen. Right when everyone started calling her Ice Quenn.
• You know what? I think all the guys piss off all of the girls in this show. Juane pesters Weiss. Neptune annoys Yang. Sun has quite the mouth on him when talking to Blake.
I chose a bad time to make the OT I guess. Would have been better if I made it before season 2 started but I didn't even consider making it until I posted that one thread about the Japanese localization.
Things will be fine once the new episode hits this Thursday and we're back to a normal release schedule.
Yes. Yes. And Yes. We'll be fine. Hell, the next episode is very nearly and as far as I'm concerned we got what? Like 5+ people to marathon the show? We'll probably get more when it's up on the front page for a while because of the new episode.

RWBY has so much good fanart. Monty just posted some nice ones on his twitter the other day.

gBm7ci3.jpg

DzJV7za.jpg

M9YNuHa.jpg

8PSMTpy.jpg

Done with my Civ5/RWBY session. I forgot to post this last night some 5 hours after I started my marathon. Those trailers really add some length. Some observations.
• They've seemingly almost completely dropped humor as an as a defining aspect between the first and second seasons.
- Season one was pretty heavy in the humour. I think even towards the end of season one they started to tone it down a bit in favour of plot progression though.
• Has Yang been on a shorter fuse the last couple of episodes or does Neptune just annoy the shit out of her?
- It's a little hard to tell at this point. I know that at least with EP 4 she was a little angry after going into her interrogation mode. I'll need to rewatch the last few episodes before I comment further.
• Yup yup, Cinder definitely has Dust infused clothing.
- Yeah, I hope that dust cloak guy (unless that really was just used as an example) will show up at some point.
• The things I love about RWBY are... basically everything. It's like Roosterteeth made this show for me.
- Yeah, I don't think there's anything Monty has done that I haven't liked.
• They cut out all of those gimmicks from S2. No more RT Animated appearances, no more weird 2.5D chibi things, no more lots of things.
- I think they decided to focus on improving other areas like the sets and background characters. I imagine if we do see another news report it will be with a 3D character instead. Or it could be that they just haven't had a chance to use something 2D so far.
• I think they've strayed off the "Look! It's like an anime!" path for S2. It very much has it's own personality now.
- It does feel like it's falling into its own. I think we're really still in the fledgling stage though.. When the last season starts airing we should compare the first couple seasons to it to see how things have changed.
• Something about S2 feels distinctly RvB'ish. I'd have to watch my seasons again but I'm absolutely positive Burnie and Matt put their hands on this more than a little bit. The pacing and tonal shifts aren't anything like they were before. That could be because they have different content than introducing the teams, but it's more than that.
- Miles Luna (one of the writers) writes for RvB so it might just be that style bleeding into there. Burnie and Matt are listed as producers for the show but they don't have any inolvement in the writing as far as I can tell. Burnie did voice the detective in episode 15 of season one though.
• Seems like Dust is a really inefficient fuel for bullets. It's operates more like propellant than anything else. Yes, I know Gunpowder is propellant but bullets don't do shit in this world. What are the bullets actually made out of? Does it use Dust propellant and Dust casing? Or just Dust as the propellant and something different as casing? Cause these things dissolve on impact or something.
- Different types of ammunition maybe. Like Yang's shots have a different effect from Ruby's and Blake's. And Ren's more like SMG rounds.
• Ruby herself is less of massive dork. As adorkable as she is.
- Yes
• Yang getting those (speculated) anger management issues under control?
- She will relapse as soon as someone touches her hair.
• Does everyone know Blake is a Faunus now? Good going Weiss.
- Answered by Jorok.
• Weiss has really been a lot less of an Ice Queen. Right when everyone started calling her Ice Quenn.
- Maybe it's from her reputation she's built up from season one? I just thought it was funny how Torchwick called her that even though he hasn't met her before.
• You know what? I think all the guys piss off all of the girls in this show. Juane pesters Weiss. Neptune annoys Yang. Sun has quite the mouth on him when talking to Blake.
- You forgot Cardin annoys Pyrrha. I think she'll be breaking his legs soon.

Yes. Yes. And Yes. We'll be fine. Hell, the next episode is very nearly and as far as I'm concerned we got what? Like 5+ people to marathon the show? We'll probably get more when it's up on the front page for a while because of the new episode.

Answers in bold.

of course the Weiss and Yang ones are the best

I really like Ruby/Yang's the most out of the four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom