• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Penagos: Spider-Man releasing in 2017 on PS4 [Insomniac insists no timeframe]

It would be huge for Sony if true. They could potentially have Destiny 2, Call of Duty: WWII, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Spider-Man for Christmas. That kinda line-up's going to make for some very compelling montage commercials.

bede-x

Please be true. After the Ratchet & Clank reboot and Sunset Overdrive, I'm ready for some more Insomniac goodness.

Neoxon

It would be huge for Sony if true. They could potentially have Destiny 2, Call of Duty: WWII, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Spider-Man for Christmas. That kinda line-up's going to make for some very compelling montage commercials.
Don't forget MvCI.

That said, RDR2 could very well get delayed (as could Spider-Man), so there's that to consider.

Imagine if they make a bundle for each one of those games

Would that even be possible all in one holiday
?

Dovahking

I-dont-believe-you.gif

I'm still a little hesitant of the game's depth after Ratchet & Clank. I really hope it's the best Spiderman game, at least on par with Spider-Man 2.

black070

Arkham wasn't competing with Star Wars, CoD, Destiny and Red Dead though. i don't see Sony releasing any big games not named Gran Turismo this fall

It was competing with Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Elder Scrolls V Skyrim & Assassins Creed Revelations as well as Gears of War 3 & Uncharted 3 - all of which released to all time franchise highs.

kirblar

MvCI has been slated for Late 2017 since its reveal. Though recent info from WonderCon indicates that we won't get anymore MvCI news until the next big gaming event (likely E3).
If Spider's releasing first, the information drought makes sense (alongside SFV's DLC reveals being in the first parts of the year.)

KORNdoggy

I've always said 2017. I think you'd be stupid not to cash in on the surge of popularity that comes with the new homecoming movie.

Shin-Ra

For those of you that don't know, Ryan is "Vice President & Executive Editor at Marvel Digital Media."

If this indeed releases this year....Oh boy. The best PS4 year ever.
That would be the year The Last of Us Part II or Dreams release.

Top Bottom