• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Penagos: Spider-Man releasing in 2017 on PS4 [Insomniac insists no timeframe]

This wouldn't surprise. I mean, Sony has tons of announced games for the PS4, if they don't start releasing them soon they will probably have a schedule problem.

Sony's going to institute an all out offensive against the Scorpio.

September 2017 - Detroit: Become Human
October 2017 - Days Gone
November 2017 - Spider-Man
December 2017 - God of War

Plus a $100 price drop on the Pro and Slim.

Nah, Days Gone and God of War will probably be 2018.

One that might be 2017 is Gran Turismo Sport.

cSRL3pu.gif

FelipeMGM

To be fair. This isn't Sony's game. Sure it's exclusive, but Insomniac is the one making it and Marvel is footing the bill.

This game doesn't seem like it's something that's too far off really. It may not come this year, but I can't see it missing early 2018.

It is though, Sony is publishing and the game is beeing co-developed and produced by SIE San Mateo Studio. Marvel approached Sony who then approached Insomniac.

Kashiwaba

This wouldn't surprise. I mean, Sony has tons of announced games for the PS4, if they don't start releasing them soon they will probably have a schedule problem.

Games like Spiderman,GT and God of war will have no problems selling millions whenever you release them, it's smaller games like Gravity Rush 2 and TLG, minna no golf..etc which they need to release them during the slow periods where there isn't much competition.

Just gonna say Avengers Infinity War is out in April 2018 and Sony hasnt released a real AAA first party game during the holidays in years.

I can put 2 and 2 together.

labaronx

Ya we know.

Insomniac on twitter said something like "We never said it's coming in 2018" after some guy complained why they showing a 2018 game so early. Can't remember the exact same words but they basically confirmed 2017.

Oh and there was a best buy ad thingy which said "2017".

I vaguely remember that insomniac tweet

labaronx

Hmmmm mid october release like 16-19 preorder bonus free digital copy of spiderman homecoming hd available a few weeks early

Neoxon

SE? Isn't it Guardians of the Galaxy?
Square Enix, or more specifically the Deus Ex team, is only rumored to be doing a Guardians of the Galaxy game. The only confirmed Marvel game in development from them is Avengers, which we won't hear more about until next year.

Skeeter49

The only thing that worries me about the game is the story. Hopefully trailers remedy that worry. Everything else should be amazing.

Nah, Days Gone and God of War will probably be 2018.

One that might be 2017 is Gran Turismo Sport.

GT better be 2017. They've said multiple times it's coming this year. Plus we just got the beta.

But yeah, if Spiderman is coming this year I definitely don't expect God of War to also release. It will probably be March like it always is.

Yeah it's probable. It'll be interesting too see where Days Gone, God of War, Dreams, Detroit and Spidey all land.

I'm really curious about GoW. Would be awesome if it was a holiday game.

Also, LOfuckingL at FFVII-R coming this year. We'll be lucky to get that shit in 2018.

Strings

I'm really curious about GoW. Would be awesome if it was a holiday game.

Also, LOfuckingL at FFVII-R coming this year. We'll be lucky to get that shit in 2018.

Man, something something give us Kingdom Hearts 3 this holiday.

A Mario, Kingdom Hearts, Spider-man holiday would just be all kinds of nuts.

Spinluck

They should either bundle it with the Pro or have a special edition SM edition PS4 so I can waste more money on video games.

jmizzal

I know its not a movie tie in, but wouldnt Sony want the game out the same year the movie comes out?

I mean the movie is Sony and the game is Sony, its all about the money

Lady Gaia

It seems likely that it's a planned 2017 release based on the OP link, but I tend to agree that it's an obvious candidate for a delay to early next year. They'd be smart not to rush a promising Marvel release given all the positive buzz their television and movie properties are generating. So long as they give it time to turn into something special, I'll be happy. If we're lucky then it's in fine shape for a fall 2017 release and The Year Thet Won't Quit continues.

A, this is totally unexpected. Felt like a 2019 game when it was announced.
B, in hindsight its totally possible. Insomniac made their last gamr to coincide with a movie and they did it in like a year tops. This probably had twice the time and budget.
C, no way sony releases BOTH this and god of war in the same year even if theyre ready

Dabi

I know its not a movie tie in, but wouldnt Sony want the game out the same year the movie comes out?

I mean the movie is Sony and the game is Sony, its all about the money

That's what I said in the first party thread before I got torn to shreds lmao

farisr

If it is releasing this year, I hope it's not due to "movie is releasing this year, we need the game out as well" and just due to the fact that development of the game is going as expected (or better than expected).

Alienfan

I don't think God of War, Days Gone or Spiderman will be out this year. I'd love for them to be ready, but everything we've seen feels very much like vertical slices. But I guess we'll find out soon!

Top Bottom