• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse Son of Rome coming to PC this fall [no port begging other games]

Vuze

Eurogamer has some 1080p screenies already
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-07-xbox-one-launch-title-ryse-son-of-rome-announced-for-pc

Crytek_Ryse_Son_of_Rome_Dover_Screenshot_01.jpg.jpg
Crytek_Ryse_Son_of_Rome_Dover_Screenshot_02.jpg.jpg
Crytek_Ryse_Son_of_Rome_Forum_Screenshot.jpg.jpg
more at link

I knew they would do this. More money for them, they really need by the looks of it.

Another not-so exclusive for the Xbox One. Come on MS.

Microsoft not publishing, so I don't think its indicative of anything

Yeah, I'm guessing MS had first refusal rights for a sequel and once they passed on it (due to Crytek refusing to give them the IP) Crytek decided to release it on PC to make some extra cash and possibly build hype for a sequel (maybe Deep Silver will publish one?).

Daedardus

So after Crytek going nearly bankrupt because Microsoft doesn't want to publish other games unless they hand over the Ryse license, Crytek does a desperate attempt at actually using said license. Seems like a semi-smart move.

The Llama

I really wonder what the performance is going to be like, tbh. I'm guessing my 290x will be able to run this at 1080p60, but I fear that due to Crytek's current financial problems, they won't put a ton of effort into this.

Yeah, I'm guessing MS had first refusal rights for a sequel and once they passed on it (due to Crytek refusing to give them the IP) Crytek decided to release it on PC to make some extra cash and possibly build hype for a sequel (maybe Deep Silver will publish one?).

Well Crytek Frankfurt are busy on Hunt now so if they do make a sequel it won't be coming for a long while.

Thats....a bit odd.

So Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are coming to PC too...

are we expecting something similar for Sunset Overdrive ?

Not portbegging, just out of couriosity .

Dayone.

Damn I'm so happy. I wanted to re-buy it for the XB1 just to smash some heads while staring in awe at the graphics...now I can do it downsampling it to infinity.

Bring it on. My Titan is ready.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ryse was dope and pretty, it's a fun-ass game. Enjoy!

mdubs

Banned
If Microsoft wants to actually sell their console they should consider not making all their "exclusives" available on PC. Those aren't exclusives and this detracts from the value of the console, see how the PS3 has a strong stable of exclusives you can't find anywhere else and becomes a big selling point for the system.

Good for the PC people to be able to play it though.

maneil99

Thats....a bit odd.

So Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are coming to PC too...

are we expecting something similar for Sunset Overdrive ?

Not portbegging, just out of couriosity .

Insomniac has never made a PC port, Crytek owned Ryse and is a PC company and Capcom typically releases PC ports.

norealmx

Banned
The SSIGRAPH award opened their eyes, and they realized it was wrong to keep the game away from the master race.

Will buy for cheap if this ends up in Steam.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gotta love these late ports. I'm excited to play the Definitive Edition of both this and Dead Rising 3 which I already have preordered.

Not bad. I'm sure people will try to somehow intuit the state of MS and the One from this, but I can only imagine that they had a "console exclusive" + timed exclusivity deal with 3rd parties, between Dead Rising 3 and this coming to PC, I'm inclined to believe that. Which hey, more platforms for games is never a bad thing (assuming they're not bad ports, that is).

kewlmyc

Heard the game was generic, but looked really pretty. Can't wait so see screenshot threads.

Hopefully the framerate isn't locked.

Killer Instinct next?

Gestault

This is fantastic. This game will look insane, and considering there are fewer high production-value titles in this genre on PC (that I'm aware of, at least) , I feel like this will make a lot of people happy.

Haunted

Looking forward to the screenshots with immaculate IQ and the inevitable Crysis 3 face-off under equal circumstances (finally).

Top Bottom