• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse Son of Rome coming to PC this fall [no port begging other games]

Smidget

If Microsoft wants to actually sell their console they should consider not making all their "exclusives" available on PC. Those aren't exclusives and this detracts from the value of the console, see how the PS3 has a strong stable of exclusives you can't find anywhere else and becomes a big selling point for the system.

Good for the PC people to be able to play it though.

I agree completely.

Announcements like this make me question my XB1 purchase, although those $5 code Gamestop give away allows me to break even no matter what anyways ;)

BeeDog

Wow, this is a major surprise. Will alleviate all the complaints against its sub-HD resolution and the poor framerate.

HoosTrax

Always thought it looked pretty interesting from screenshots, but can't say that I know much about it from a gameplay perspective. Is it another one of those Darksiders / DoW: Space Marine types of QTE third person hack and slash games, but with a 300-esque aesthetic?

orochi91

Screen shots galore incoming. This is going to be fun.

MCC, SO and QB will probably land on the PC sometime in the future as well.

I will totally buy this card to test out my future 880GTX. Should look absolutely glorious.

Thats....a bit odd.

So Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are coming to PC too...

are we expecting something similar for Sunset Overdrive ?

Not portbegging, just out of couriosity .

Insomniac owns the IP so it's not completely out of the question really. It could even come to PS4 at some point. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Phil4000

Is this real!
Hyped for those maxed out PC visuals!!

One more reason to pass on the Xbone, now all we need is the Halo Collection on PC!
Already have Dead Rising 3 pre-ordered...

Vitor711

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

OMG, so happy. This was the only game that was tempting me to get an Xbox One. I know it's not the best hack and slash out there, but damn, the setting and the art style. Plus, being able to run this at full 1080 and possibly 60FPS.... MMmmmmm.

Damn, this is going to be the best looking game ever.
qtkche.gif

On PC you'll be able to disable all that annoying text and HUD

maneil99

Not gonna buy an X1 now, not worth it, I was going to get it for the exclusives but with everything coming to PC there is no point.

Begaria

Thats....a bit odd.

So Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are coming to PC too...

are we expecting something similar for Sunset Overdrive ?

Not portbegging, just out of couriosity .

I doubt Sunset Overdrive will be coming to PC. Not because it can't, mind you, considering Insomniac owns the IP, but because Insomniac just hasn't ever put out a PC game. Capcom and Crytek both have history with PC porting/development that Insomniac doesn't have. Insomniac is also a small team.

I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility, anything can happen. Just the past pedigree suggests it won't to me. I'd say Quantum Break from Remedy has a higher chance of coming to PC comparatively.

Zornack

I'd like to see what it looks like on PC but since the gameplay is so one note an not very good I have no interest in going through it again.

SexyFish

Banned
So is this going to be similar to Crysis 3 where the screenshots will be jaw-dropping but the game will be average? Looking forward to see how it looks in 4K.

Percy

Banned
It's a game built for graphics above all else, so at least now it'll be on a platform that can do it justice in that department.

Still though... another Xbox One exclusive lost... the incentives to buy that console just seem to be chipping away as time goes on, and it isn't like it was a great deal to begin with.

Now people can stop hating on a damn good game.

Doesn't matter how high the resolution or framerate get, Ryse will still be a repetitive, corridor slashing chore of a game though. This isn't a title that'll sell because of it's gameplay.

Seanspeed

Banned
If Microsoft wants to actually sell their console they should consider not making all their "exclusives" available on PC. Those aren't exclusives and this detracts from the value of the console, see how the PS3 has a strong stable of exclusives you can't find anywhere else and becomes a big selling point for the system.

Yea, as much as I love this from a PC gamer standpoint, I'm not understanding the business sense behind this.

But anyways, hey Microsoft, I will pay $100 for Forza on the PC if you make it. Just sayin....

Should we act like this game is awesome now?

lol

Graphically it is ok. I don't see how people are impressed with static environments and high detail models in todays world, but * shrug *.

Gameplay wise though. Laughably bad. There was more depth in freakin Double Dragon on the NES then Ryse.

It is interesting all these exclusives going to the PC though.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm glad PC gamers will get a chance to play it. An already astounding looking game is going to look even better. Oh, it's pretty damn fun as well.

nynt9

Good to see that the game can finally look as good as it deserves to look on hardware that can actually handle it, but I couldn't force myself past the 40 minute mark in this game, it was just so insanely boring. Shame, a Ryse 2 could have been fun if Crytek weren't in shambles right now. Will not double dip.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Think this will give my PC a tough time? I can run Crysis at 1080p, with a mix of High and Very High settings, with only shadows set to Medium, and get an average of 45-50 fps, and about 80 fps in indoor sections.

Unexpected. <3 PC gaming. First DR3 now this. Game will look amazing in proper res and framerate.

Still, will probably wait for a sale due to the gameplay.

oti

Banned
Well, it's not like Ryse is selling Xbox Ones anymore so why not? I'm ok with this.

Forza Horizon 2 let's go!

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I guess they really need the cash.

- fix combat. More moves.
- add enemy variety and animations
- add more weapons

Rest is impossible to fix unless they redo parts of the game.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
*welp* there goes one incentive I had to buy an XBone. Only Halo and Sunset remain and I want to first read reviews if Sunset is any good.

antitrop

I know it's an awful game, but I'm actually somewhat excited by this announcement.

Whenever I buy a new GPU, it'll probably be the first game I buy for super cheap to test it out.

Gundy2010

MS didn't give a shit about 1st party contents in the last gen, let alone the 3rd party "exclusives" they paid for. There is absolutly no reason for these great 3rd party IPs to stay XBONE exclusives regardless of sucess/failure anyways since MC doesnt even own the IP.

Zia

You know what would add actual value? Instead of unnecessary exclusives that add artificial "value" via some perverse Stockholm Syndrome? Leveraging their absolutely massive Windows user base and marketing the XB1 as a set-top extension of that, releasing their flagship titles as multipatform and allowing meaningful functionality between the platforms. That would actually be valuable for everyone.

I know it's an awful game, but I'm actually somewhat excited by this announcement.

Whenever I buy a new GPU, it'll probably be the first game I buy for super cheap to test it out.

I have played it, it is not awful. Just too easy and not varied enough.

It plays better than most people expect actually.

Top Bottom