• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son Of Rome |Reviews| It's going to be a bloodbath!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
maximus-o.gif

Bone still has Dead Rising and Killer Instinct.
PS4 has a defender clone tech demo. And I say that as a PS4 Owner with said Defender clone

No point fighting over launch lineups, was always looking disappointing for both consoles. If you are buying a console day one, you are buying into the possibilities for great games in the future.

As someone who has not had a PS3 for the last 3 years and a very old gaming PC. I am looking forward to trying Flower, Sound Shapes, PS4s free to play games and yes the Defender clone. Hopefully this will keep me going until next gen games arrive next year.

MormaPope

Banned
Yo, the Killer Instinct hate is completely unwarranted and blind. Killer Instinct looks like a great sequel/reboot of the series, the mechanics look completely sound and fun. Killer Instinct is the only title on Xbone that hypes me up.

The actual bullshit is needing to buy a new Arcade Stick to use for the Xbone, Microsoft gets another tally of being anti consumer with that shit.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
but I was told the embargo was so late because they wanted to save the best stuff for last

I'll still buy it for a budget price when I get the xbone in a few years

I really hope people weren't saying this. This would be the opposite of how every other entertainment company works.

Eusis

I have to admit, MP's the big reason I may keep Killzone, try to get in a few games with people here, but I tend not to stick to MP really so I may exhaust it and move on sooner than later.

Didn't he acknowledge in interviews that the game wasn't looking so hot combat wise and said he was trying to help them along?

Probably too far along for a complete revamp or maybe they thought the games final iteration was what they wanted it to be.

I don't know if he did say that. However this game has probably cost a lot of money to make, given the changes made and the decision to push for launch. If that sort of gameplay is acceptable then I don't know what to say.

The only real positive is it shows the Xbox One is competent at top draw visuals.

There doesn't seem to be any huge battles either against many enemies at once. Seems like it's almost always against 3 or 4 enemies at a time.

I want huge epic battles with thousands of enemies on screen at once. Maybe next gen.

notBald

I think the game will sell well, well enough for a sequel to be green lit. The game is everything the dude bro audience like, amazing graphics, blood and gore etc.

Had it been a First Person Shooter, then maybe, but another God of War wannabe isn't going to sell.

Anyone who did not see this coming?

RYSE was going to be slaughtered and it is most likley a really medicore game. I will play the game, because of the setting and because i don't want to play KI the whole day when I get have my Xbox set up.

Maybe I will buy Assassin's Creed once it's price is slashed, but for now I need a showcase that the next gen is here and Ryse will do the job just fine. Even if it will bore me after finishing it in a evening or two :)

Does every X1 launch title have microtransactions? So far Forza, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon all have them to upgrade characters or unlock some portion of the game.

Top Bottom