• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son Of Rome |Reviews| It's going to be a bloodbath!

Guymelef

OXMUK1.jpg

jett

D-Member
dem launch lineups

There's definitely nothing that makes it worth paying several hundreds of dollars for either console.

LAA

Ha ha, saw it coming really. Looks amazing graphically though. Doesnt seem so bad though, seems to be speaking to me its "OK" or "Good", with a few thinking worse than that.

The question is though...
Knack VS Ryse...?

Ha ha, I hope Knack is better (Definitely because I'm not getting it ;) ), but Knack feels more unappreciated to me, at least compared to what people have to say here and elsewhere, but I'll know for myself in 8 DAYS!

I think for a game like Ryse, less likely to be misunderstood or underappreciated, compared to Knack, which feels like a genre thats been pretty absent for a while I feel. Hope despite the reviews they continue to look into future platformers.

CloudWolf

LOLtaku:
KILLZONE: Shadow Fall --> NO
Ryse --> YES

I'm laughing my ass off here.
Absolutely ridiculous!
Well, I haven't heard very positive stories about Killzone from people that finished it, so the NO for Killzone seems reasonable. The YES for Ryse is highly debatable though.

Moff

but I was told the embargo was so late because they wanted to save the best stuff for last

I'll still buy it for a budget price when I get the xbone in a few years

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I see an awful lot of sudden and unexplained generosity for a launch game when I thought games press were bagging on launch games to prove some chest-pounding point.

Almost all reviews have this "Its not a good game but..." caveat to them which is absolutely fucking hilarious.

Huggers

The worst part by FAR about the reviews is the fact there is a pay to win/progress system in place. Worrying trend developing on Xbox

Top Bottom