• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) Developer Livestream [Currently LIVE]

Toki767

baV78qF.gif

Sorry, I'm a bit behind on all the news here, but Makoto's in 2 Kiwami? I feel a bit conflicted about that. I love the character, but the ways they wrapped up her story in 0 was perfect.

Yeah, I wonder how they are going to bring her back. 0's ending for Majima was really special.

Also, mobile online rpg? Well if that's how they are getting money for bigger projects, go for it.

dadjumper

Okay so they're making Shin Yakuza for consoles and Yakuza Online for smartphones and they'll be in the same universe with the same main character, is what I've gathered so far

Tizoc

wait...online?

oh

well

wait did i miss something here tizocs

From a Shmuplations interview with Ayano Koshiro
http://shmuplations.com/streetsofrage2/

V. Imagining Streets of Rage 4

—If someone told you you could have carte blanche to make a Streets of Rage 4, what kind of game would you make?

Koshiro: 4? (laughs)

—Anyway you wanted it. (laughs)

Koshiro: Really? And what if I said I'd make it a puzzle game? (laughs)

—(laughs) Whatever you want.

Koshiro: Well... of course it wouldn't be a puzzle game! Hmm, I'd probably make something that took advantage of modern hardware and allowed everyone to play together. Like an online multiplayer thing, where you and five of your friends could all swagger down the street like a gang.
Now imagine THAT with the Yakuza gang ;)

Rymuth

So thus far

- Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Shin Yakuza starring Kazuga Ichiban
- Yakuza online (where Ichiban will make an appearance)

Tizoc

fading fast ya'll, might be time to call it a night here

well fuck, now i need it

ive said for a while now we need a yakuza form of Pokemon GO but you just follow it to random players on the street & fight them

Kiryu-chan, I choose you!

IrishNinja

ichiban is literally the best japanese buffet ive found here on the cheap in miami

so yes i fucks hard with ichiban even if this will confuse me when im hungry

If I understand this correctly, Shin Ryu ga Gotoku is the new Yakuza game for consoles and Ryu ga Gotoku Online is a smartphone game, but they're connected at least by their protagonist?

Either way I'm hyped for that guy, whatever his name is. He looks cool and sounds awesome and feels crazy enough to work.

Looking forward to it!

Top Bottom