• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) Zero Announced

Welp, another bump with no news of localization...Later guys.......

tumblr_lyiovxPL0T1r3gup8o1_400.gif

There is a new video showing Kiryu and Majima walking around Kamurocho and Soutenbori in Yakuza Zero. The video quality is quite low, so it is difficult to appreciate the graphic improvements, but the atmosphere looks great, as expected.

Link: http://youtu.be/8sW0sq8X1zE

Sorry for the bump, no localization announced. But I didn't think this video deserved its own thread.

Videoneon

Really like the bridge in Soutenbori.

There's no combat, but we saw some of it in early trailers (like Majima's off the wall style)

I can't believe you'll actually have some strategy in this one with investement and management. It's my fucking dream to manage this kind of things in mob games.

Fucking a, when I saw this thread bumped, for a second there I thought there was going to be a localization announcement or something

Suddenly there's a glimmer of hope that this will be localised now. I don't expect Ishin to get the same treatment as 5, since none of the Yakuza games set in feudal Japan have ever made it to the West, but this game is obviously more in line with the transitional installments of the franchise, so I'm thinking there's a chance. Plus the PS4 is on fire outside of Japan right now, and that's something Sega can't ignore.

kmax

Suddenly there's a glimmer of hope that this will be localised now. I don't expect Ishin to get the same treatment as 5, since none of the Yakuza games set in feudal Japan have ever made it to the West, but this game is obviously more in line with the transitional installments of the franchise, so I'm thinking there's a chance. Plus the PS4 is on fire outside of Japan right now, and that's something Sega can't ignore.

Hell yes. If Dead Souls came to the west, it's definitely possible to see Zero hit our shores. We have been given a chance so it's vital that we support this franchise over here if we want Yakuza games to come over in the future.

How well is the PS4 doing exactly? I thought it was anemic at best.

It is a traditional installment. It's the next mainline entry for the series.

How well is the PS4 doing exactly? I thought it was anemic at best.

What, really? The PS4 is selling like hot cakes right now. Fastest selling console ever and all that jazz according to Sony's PR, although we don't know how long they'll be able to hold that claim. What I'm saying is, it's not doing too hot in Japan, which is the major market the Yakuza games appeal to, so maybe the system doing so well outside of the country will give Sega a little added incentive to localise Zero as well.

Or not. Sega's weird.

It is a traditional installment. It's the next mainline entry for the series.

Well it's a prequel and not a numbered sequel, so I saw it as a spin-off of sorts. but I guess you're right.

What, really? The PS4 is selling like hot cakes right now. Fastest selling console ever and all that jazz according to Sony's PR, although we don't know how long they'll be able to hold that claim. What I'm saying is, it's not doing too hot in Japan, which is the major market the Yakuza games appeal to, so maybe the system doing so well outside of the country will give Sega a little added incentive to localise Zero as well.
Whoooooops misread it. I thought you meant it was selling well in Japan which shocked me.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Now that 5 is coming i'll start to believe that Zero will too. Gio can make it happen!

Aint gonna happen without sales. Its still a miracle you guys are getting 5 after how poor the sales have been in general as the series progressed.

I really do think its up to us western gamers to ensure we get yakuza 0 by purchasing yakuza 5 at launch on psn for full price.

This prequel looks pretty good and with it being on ps4, it is a game i would love to play and complete, even if it is in 2017!

We can make it happen!

New gameplay video 1/8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIiR5uo9lFs

I don't remember those stuff, I think I should play the first game again before zero.

It's very hard to get back into, I like to joke with my brother that the first game is Yakuza on Ice because it controls so horribly.

The lack of targeting, and the possibility of getting hit when you're nowhere near an enemy leads to some pretty interesting and hilarious fights.

On the other hand, the story's good enough to make up for it.

New gameplay video 1/8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIiR5uo9lFs

Edit: Yokoyama explained about Millenium Tower in this video and showing the area.

I don't remember those stuff, I think I should play the first game again before zero.

I'm liking the look of the disco dancing mini game. Space Harrier looked easier than its Shenmue counter part as well. Looks like you either get more lives or can actually continue from where you died. I never did complete SH on Shenmue since I could only get so far before I lost all my lives. Makes me wonder what the completion list target for SH ends up being.

biteren

after hearing about Sony footing the bill for some of these games coming over here, im gonna take a chance for the Yakuza games and get part 5 so theres a better chance Sony will bring this one here too.

i like beat em up types games, and yakuza seems to have gameplay like that, good fit for me?

Top Bottom