• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) Zero Announced

Backflip

Official site is up

ss2.jpg
ss3.jpg

ss2.jpg
ss3.jpg

ss2.jpg

Now it's official zero is coming spring 2015 :(

Oh man, so much want.

jett

D-Member
Japan is not enough to make these games profitable right? Most of them are playing mobile games. How can they not localize this?

These games are cheaper to make than they appear. Lots of text boxes with no dialogue and with minimal animation. Production values are lower than you would think looking at Sega's bullshots.

oni_saru

Ahhh Kazuma looked better in motion. The initial screens of him were probably just bad or a bad moment to capture.

He looked cool and badass in today's trailer. Faith restored! Based Nagoshi!

cj_iwakura

Not that I'd accept anyone else in the role, since Kuroda always does a sterling job, but for a man who's almost 50, he's going to have a hard time convincing me as a 20 year old. Or not, if he can manipulate his voice in the right way.

Based on the TGS trailer, I think he can.

lupinko

These games are cheaper to make than they appear. Lots of text boxes with no dialogue and with minimal animation. Production values are lower than you would think looking at Sega's bullshots.

They're not bullshots!

The cutscenes actually look like that. Lol

Cisab

Why did they only mention the PS4 release date? I hope it doesn't get canceled on PS3... I don't feel like buying a PS4 for a game that probably won't even be localized.

Why did they only mention the PS4 release date? I hope it doesn't get canceled on PS3... I don't feel like buying a PS4 for a game that probably won't even be localized.

It was a PS4 focused conference. They often times didn't even mention the PS3/Vita versions of games. But Nagoshi did say that this would be released on the PS4 and PS3.

Cisab

It was a PS4 focused conference. They often times didn't even mention the PS3/Vita versions of games. But Nagoshi did say that this would be released on the PS4 and PS3.

Oh I guess this makes sense. Can't wait to pre-order and play this game!

Yaqoub

I'm sold, as usual, but I won't hold my hopes up for a localization.

I hope the great KHHsubs or ThePatrick translates this when it's out. They're our true heroes.

Cisab

I'm sold, as usual, but I won't hold my hopes up for a localization.

I hope the great KHHsubs or ThePatrick translates this when it's out. They're our true heroes.

I think the guy from KHHsubs will make a guide for Yakuza 0, as soon as Yakuza 0's name got announced he continued to upload his RGG5 translated cutscenes, guess he wants to finish with RGG5 before RGG0 comes out so he can work on that game.

Yaqoub

I think the guy from KHHsubs will make a guide for Yakuza 0, as soon as Yakuza 0's name got announced he continued to upload his RGG5 translated cutscenes, guess he wants to finish with RGG5 before RGG0 comes out so he can work on that game.

My true hero. Hope he does.

His Ishin translation/guide was amazing. ~400-page PDF now.

My true hero. Hope he does.

His Ishin translation/guide was amazing. ~400-page PDF now.

awesome, i've been waiting on a complete set of RGG5 guides/cutscenes to be able to finally play through it :D

artsi

All bullshots.

But to be fair, characters might actually look like this on PS4, for once.

Ishin came out for PS4 already in February and it's really no different from these screens. The engine looks very good in 1080p and performs 60fps, and I hope Zero pushes the presentation even more.

That feel when this'll never come out in the west ;_; nor yakuza 5 or an HD collection of the first two games.

Eat a dick sega, eat a fat fucking dick

xezuru

You guys are making me hit record levels of depression knowing this will never be localized by the publisher that shall not be named.

Bebpo

Banned
Ishin came out for PS4 already in February and it's really no different from these screens. The engine looks very good in 1080p and performs 60fps, and I hope Zero pushes the presentation even more.

Isshin looks like awful though on ps4. It looks like playing a ps3 game with 60fps and slightly sharper. It's a pretty ugly game and the ps3 engine is showing its age.

Top Bottom