• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

********'s Best of 2007 or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Money Hat

AltogetherAndrews said:
Uncharted wasn't even fucking nominated.
yeah, when you can only have 5 games nominated, half of the games in the top 10 won't make it

how can there be outrage at a game not being nominated when the other candidates are just as good?

or should it be included for diversity's sake since it's a first party ps3 game and not on it's own merits as a game?

Sol.. said:
Ok i need help.

how many of yall like the mass effect soundtrack?

Because if i didn't remember that my brand new zune could hook up to my 360 I woulda smoked myself listening to that shit.

It really suits the game, I love it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Faceless Master said:
yeah, when you can only have 5 games nominated, half of the games in the top 10 won't make it

how can there be outrage at a game not being nominated when the other candidates are just as good?

or should it be included for diversity's sake since it's a first party ps3 game and not on it's own merits as a game?

Ace Combat 6 is nowhere near to being the best looking game this generation - not to mention this year. PERIOD.

Uncharted is.

And have you heard the music in that game? It is something marvelous beyond apprehension!

Anth

The Faceless Master said:

eautiful
I thought it was established that Uncharted is the most (technically) beautiful game on consoles so far? Doesn't compare to Crysis of course, but it should get a nomination. Not just based on my own perception, but also of most reviews I've read.

Music is iffy. Way too subjective to demand any specific candidate.

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Uncharted wasn't even fucking nominated.

Most disappointing gaming site of the year: Gamespot

Indifferent2.gif

Anth

Wait, why does Eternal Sonata get nominated for Best Story, yet Mask of the Betrayer doesn't?

From what I've seen and played of it, Sonata is nice in that regard, but nothing outstanding. It didn't even get the "Great Storyline" merit from Gamespot. Yet Mask of the Betrayer, the first RPG in years that comes close to Planescape Torment gets nothing? Even though they are both pretty niche?

The world isn't fair.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Couple of changes for me:

Best Voice Acting: Heavenly Sword
Best Downloadable Console Game: Warhawk
Best Use of Control Scheme: Metroid Prime 3

markom58

Neo Member
Just to chime in, ME had some of the best VA I've come across in a videogame. The sheer volume of it too is impressive. Thanks to a gaf member who posted the stats on how to make the female Sheperd below and along with the brilliant voice work (more so than the male shepherd), I was totally engrossed with my character and added immensely to my enjoyment of playing through ME.

6x9qvwo.jpg
7yrz3ua.jpg

Ok after all the talk about Pacman CE I finally dl'ed the trial. I figured it must be something more than just pacman since it gets mentioned all over the place. Well after playing the trial I see it's still fucking pacman. What am I missing here. How on Earth does Pacman beat out Puzzle Quest for anything let alone best downloadable game. Ive never played Warhawk on the PS3 but Im pretty sure the game is alot deeper than this.

kassatsu

Banned
LOL did you look at the Best PS3 game award...

#Assassin's Creed
#Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
#Rock Band
#The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
#Warhawk

reilo said:
Ace Combat 6 is nowhere near to being the best looking game this generation - not to mention this year. PERIOD.

Uncharted is.

And have you heard the music in that game? It is something marvelous beyond apprehension!

Ace Combat 6 is damn near photorealistic, provided you're up in the sky. Can't really say that about any other game this gen other than Crysis and GT5.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wow...I mean this is a pretty dam solid list here. Nice winners and everything. And people are still crying?

Tsubaki

Guybrush Threepwood said:
Why didn't Phoenix Wright 3 win best story?

Phoenix dates psycho, but after the initial meeting, it conveniently and convolutedly ends up being her sweet little sister instead.
I mean... seriously? If this is story of the year material, then I'd rather not live in this world.

IcebergSlim3000 said:
Ok after all the talk about Pacman CE I finally dl'ed the trial. I figured it must be something more than just pacman since it gets mentioned all over the place. Well after playing the trial I see it's still fucking pacman. What am I missing here. How on Earth does Pacman beat out Puzzle Quest for anything let alone best downloadable game. Ive never played Warhawk on the PS3 but Im pretty sure the game is alot deeper than this.

It takes Pacman and turns it in to a more score, time and combo based game. I really like it, even though I'm shit at it. It doesn't feel like Pacman again, it manages to make an old formula feel somewhat new. I've never played Warhawk so that's not really something I can directly compare it to, but it's the best downloadable game I played this year.

reilo

kassatsu said:

#Assassin's Creed
#Rock Band
#Warhawk

Well that's official. Gamespot outsources their PS3 reviews to someone outside of their staff because clearly, none of them play any PS3 games.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kittonwy said:
Most disappointing gaming site of the year: Gamespot

Indifferent2.gif

so true.

kassatsu said:

#Assassin's Creed
#Rock Band
#Warhawk

WTH!!!!

karasu said:
Heeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no!

Hell yes! I've played through both Mass Effect and Heavenly sword, and HS had the best overall voice acting, much more emotion and range.

vilmer_

kassatsu said:

#Assassin's Creed
#Rock Band
#Warhawk

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

reilo

Touchdown said:
Their game of the year is up..you have to download it,...I'm happy with their choice.:D

What is it?

EDIT: Nominees:

Bioshock, COD4, Crysis, Forza2, God of War 2, Halo 3, Rock Band, Super Mario Galaxy, Orange Box, World in Conflict

Winner: ???

reilo said:
Well that's official. Gamespot outsources their PS3 reviews to someone outside of their staff because clearly, none of them play any PS3 games.
:lol :lol :lol
So true.

Ratchet = 7.5 (Aaron Thomas, Sports Game Reviewer)
Uncharted = 8.0 (WTF??) (Ryan Davis, not outsourced)
UT3 = 8.5 (Kevin VanOrd, is he in-house?)

Odysseus

Banned
there's a bit too much of the bellyaching over an inconsequential list from a site that rendered itself irrelevant, don't you think?

Atilac

X26 said:
Aside from male sheppard I don't see why not. Only other game I played that came clsoe was bioshock, which did a great job as well, but I guess ME beat it out due to sheer volume
Ya, male Shepard sounded like an answering machine voice or a telemarketer. Wrex and General Hacket had the best voice overs of the year.

shintoki said:
Wow...I mean this is a pretty dam solid list here. Nice winners and everything. And people are still crying?
They're crying because all these awards went to the company that ponied up the most dough.

Or alternatively, thisisneogafdude.gif

Atilac

Sir Fragula said:
Yeah, I rather liked Tali's accent which made it all the more of a shame that she wasn't bedable. Guess I just like those eastern girls... ;)
She has claws for hands, and velociraptor legs. that tail is all you

Top Bottom