• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is a blue square. It is in 2D, and that shape in 2D is square.

If it had a faux depth element, that many emojis have, then it could be a box or A CUBE, but it is just a geometric shape = SQUARE
I'm gonna put money where my mouth is and proove it.

Exhibit of boxes
🎁 📮📦📭📤

searching on-site Emojis for "blue box" - 📘

searching on-site Emojis for "BLUE SQUARE" - 🟦
The name of the muthafucking Emoji is, you guessed it, BLUE SQUARE

reksveks

We are all doing alot of assumption here. Do we know what a Playstation partnership looks like? And how it compares to being a 3rd party developer creating a Playstation Studio game.

Personally assuming that PlayStation Studio is a closer relationship than PlayStation Partner.

Also you said that PlayStation was the publisher, that's the bit I was double checking. There doesn't seem to be any evidence of that currently.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Cerny 😂

Last edited:
Since some of y'all are now clearly trolling at this point, I've ignored you guys, if you don't receive a reply then you are ignored.

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

These emoji discussions crack me up.
There's no discussion, that requires both sides to present worthwhile arguments, I presented factual proof, they just trolled or pushed their insane weakass theories to be shredded by many sane people.

"searching on-site Emojis for "BLUE SQUARE" - 🟦
The name of the muthafucking Emoji is, you guessed it, BLUE SQUARE"

Kdad

We are all doing alot of assumption here. Do we know what a Playstation partnership looks like? And how it compares to being a 3rd party developer creating a Playstation Studio game.

Personally assuming that PlayStation Studio is a closer relationship than PlayStation Partner.

Also you said that PlayStation was the publisher, that's the bit I was double checking. There doesn't seem to be any evidence of that currently.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Cerny
Playstation Partners is like ID@Xbox

bitbydeath

Ohhh conveniently deleted the critical PROOF while quoting? HERE IT IS AGAIN

Doesn’t matter since this was confirmed.
Kahraman named two of the “six or seven” outsourcing companies that he said Blue Box is working with: Nuare Studio and Dekogon Studios.

bitbydeath

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Cerny 😂
True, I just can’t imagine a small indie with no gaming history being able to afford a team of 50 staff.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Ohhh conveniently deleted the critical PROOF while quoting? HERE IT IS AGAIN

Proof? So in that theory emoji-names / search words = meaning in text.

Getting smarter everyday 🎩👔🕴️😎📱🔋
(Weird, I meant 🧐 but suggested emojis for smart came up)
Well that's just how it works.

reksveks

True, I just can’t imagine a small indie with no gaming history being able to afford a team of 50 staff.
I think he is playing statistical tricks in terms of employees, it might be contractors and stuff like that but yeah, it's a bit weird. I also don't know how flexible PlayStation is with their contacts with indies in terms of publishing deals and upfront investments.

Playstation Partners is like ID@Xbox
I assumed it was like that

Interesting. So many pages for a rumored Silent Hill game with lots of speculation? I never knew the game was this popular to warrant so much attention.

nahcir

Neo Member
There's no discussion, that requires both sides to present worthwhile arguments, I presented factual proof, they just trolled or pushed their insane weakass theories to be shredded by many sane people.

"searching on-site Emojis for "BLUE SQUARE" - 🟦
The name of the muthafucking Emoji is, you guessed it, BLUE SQUARE"
I don't understand where you're going with this either. I don't doubt the official name of the used emoji ist "blue square", but what makes you think that it is impossible for it to represent a blue box? A lot of people use the eggplant and peach emojis to represent a schlong and a booty respectively, yet using a blue square to represent a blue box is where you would draw the line?

SkylineRKR

Interesting. So many pages for a rumored Silent Hill game with lots of speculation? I never knew the game was this popular to warrant so much attention.

Shenmue 3 probably got lots of pages as well and still bombed. I doubt Silent Hill will really sell. Its hard to tell, Silent Hills might've been more of a success with Hideos name attached to it and all.

tommib

Gold Member
After that PT demo and the crystallization of the original Team Silent games, it was bound to happen. It’s the same with cinema. Only after decades can parts of the audience realize the quality and importance of specific pieces. Silent Hill games are probably the ultimate psychological horror games and people are thirsty. The avalanche of low-quality PT clones just amplifies the need for a real Silent Hill.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The most interesting thing for me is Konami's merch. I highly doubt that they are sufficiently nimble and aware to react to interest generated by external events.

Maybe they had this stuff in mind for some time, and its just a coincidence that its shown up now. Maybe they do have plans in place to do something with the IP, or have licensed the IP out and are looking to cash in ahead of the licensee rolling out their own campaign.

Either way, its a positive for the franchise.

Regarding Abandoned/Blue box itself, if this hype was really all getting out of hand all they need to do to deflate or cool it, is announce the "real" name. I mean, realistically how is that going to hurt them? That they aren't doing so shows that there's some sort of long game at work here, as does the somewhat unusual approach to how its being launched on PS5.

Again, this is a teaser for a teaser, in advance of a trailer and presumably an actual product at the end of the year.

Now obviously: These two things need not be connected, but that doesn't make either less interesting in its own right.

Add on top of this whatever Kojima is up to. That teaser for Death Stranding DC was kinda odd, as again it was an announcement for a trailer about an upgraded version of a known published product. It seems oddly extravagant given its function, and even though I can see Kojima wanting to help Geoff out for his long-term support its still a decision that would need to be run by Sony.

And of course Sony, and their plans really are the spider at the centre of this web, being the only party with direct, provable business relations with all 3 participants.

Inviusx

To be fair, if Konami just straight up announced a new Silent Hill, it would probably get 20ish pages and then some more around release.

The prospect of a Kojima ruse cruise is what's keeping people interested.

Here's to another 90 pages folks. #teamreal

Last edited:

Urban

He's not turkish:

This guy is trolling hard right now.

He is definitely not Turkish . U can see he did it with google translate because no one in turkey says both of the names while replying or talking to someone(only exception Mehmet Ali combo) . So he wasn’t even aware of the cultural speak there.
No one would ever say Mustafa Can. You call or reply with Mustafa or only an.
And his answer has so many grammar mistakes that it clearly was google translate.

Looks for me kinda suspicious ^^

edit: grammar

Last edited:

HAL-01

I don't understand where you're going with this either. I don't doubt the official name of the used emoji ist "blue square", but what makes you think that it is impossible for it to represent a blue box? A lot of people use the eggplant and peach emojis to represent a schlong and a booty respectively, yet using a blue square to represent a blue box is where you would draw the line?
He really is just arguing that a blue square could not possibly be used to represent a blue box

In other news, this sequence of symbols :^) is not a face

Markio128

Gold Member
I’m going to miss this conspiracy thread come 25th. Maybe we can all then speculate on what the American government will release in ‘those’ files. I’m hoping for an unidentified flying Kojima.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm gonna put money where my mouth is and proove it.

Exhibit of boxes
🎁 📮📦📭📤

searching on-site Emojis for "blue box" - 📘

You're just as crazy as everyone else in this thread but you're yet to fully embrace the madness.

In good time you will see.

Also you celebrated too early.

4940519b7137a34dc9b6b6a056532b10.gif

Reficul

I find this very intriguing and fascinating indeed.
We have seen a lot of evidence both for and against #teamreal.

I have done a little studying myself on the matter. I did what I always do when I need real answers:
Read the prophecies of Nostradamus.

I found a very interesting prophecy:

"The ancient horror will again rise to greatness
When names in different languages matches
Servings of crow will be offered to those lacking faith
Several of the same sect will be banished and ridiculed
When the hills become silent the righteous will prosper
And it will be PS5 exclusive"

The prophecies of Nostradamus (1967)

I think there might be some hints in here, but I am not able to decipher it.

Last edited:

SamFo

Does seem pretty damning for SamFo SamFo to be cheering on the lack of full catalog backwards compatibility. No one is happy that it isn't included except haters I would think.
I wish it were included, I just think people were unrealistic in expecting it.

the same with blue box. I hope they scrap whatever blue box has shown and replace with Silent Hill/S though I personally find it unlikely.

radewagon

I’m going to miss this conspiracy thread come 25th. Maybe we can all then speculate on what the American government will release in ‘those’ files. I’m hoping for an unidentified flying Kojima.

There's a distinct possibility this doesn't end on the 25th. This is a game that is likely coming from the guy who deceived EVERYONE with a protagonist switch in one of the most hotly anticipated games ever released. This was not known until the game actually released and people got a chance to play it. It was a long con that went well past the official reveal. As someone who experienced this first-hand, it was... ummm.... weird. I was like, who's this guy and why is he calling himself Snake. It was both disappointing and kind of amazing.

Then there was MGSV, which was revealed as a different game from a fake developer.

Then, obviously, PT the original Silent Hills reveal was also a misdirection. It was supposed to take longer for people to figure it out. I imagine they could try this approach again and if they did, would want it to be harder to solve.

Lastly, why are so many people picking apart comments from Blue Box (or anyone else for that matter) to try and figure out if this is teamreal or teamfake. You are picking apart the words of people that could be *gasp* lying. Like just, LYING. And, guys, they have lied before. They don't have to tell half-truths or be clever about things. They can just lie. Like, they're not going to developer jail. It's marketing. They are allowed to lie. If CD Projekt Red is willing to lie to customers about performance problems, I'm sure all involved with "Abandoned" are willing to lie to create an odd viral buzz about the new Silent Hill.

Lying Hugh Laurie GIF by PeacockTV

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Delete thread.

Run Away GIF

Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

Welp! Pack it up fellas. Us #TeamReal guys were wrong the whole time. I'm finally jumping off the bandwagon. This is all I was looking for him to do. Now why did he do all this? I have no idea. I wish he burns in hell for this!

Why so many people give so quickly up is beyond me. Every Columbo episode would have been 10 minutes if he would have given up so quickly.

yes, there is a guy who say he is Hasan. Let’s even assume it is true that he is not an actor, for all we know he could work at Kojima productions in Japan or the Netherlands or is just an intern there.

There are still a million unanswered questions so I am a true believer. Team Real 4 life!

Top Bottom