• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FUBARx89

Mods are true assholes there, so, not surprised at all.
This is so ironic for a "community" proning "tolerance" to everything trans, what a bunch of true hypocrite assholes cunts.

Let people dreams !

Dave Bautista Lol GIF by My Spy

Ehhh. Fuck what they do. Doesn't really matter to us. It's barely a gaming forum.

We keeping this train going baybayyyyyy. Choo choo motherfuckerssssss.

By the way, who the hell is Rami Ismail? 😂

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Stadia officially debunked that, they said they had nothing from kojima, not even a pitch. The Kojima MS game only exists on Xbox fanboys mind.
I've read their denial; it's pretty standard fare... they never said "not even a pitch" lol They say they don't have anything, nor have they announced anything with Kojima. Could mean so many things, much like any vague PR statement.

But remove that, and you still have Kojima talking about how he wants to do a cloud based game.

I'm not an Xbox fanboy BTW. I haven't played anything on an Xbox since like.. I dunno.. MW2?

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
didn't catch up yet, but that phone number talking about a voice mail related to gibson's neuromancer, and the tweet by the author himself, were they discovered by two different posters and debunked?

if the tweet is real, why would gibson tweet about kojima/imaizumi? unless it's not out of character for him to do so.

Last edited:

yurinka

If we use this as an example, do you mean that Konami should be denying this whole thing by now? :messenger_sunglasses:
No. Do we have any previous example of Konami debunking similar previous crazy random conspiracy theories or rumors? I don't remember a similar case where Konami had to deny similar stuff, if it would be the case then maybe.

If smart, even if Konami or their IPs aren't involved on all this mess, instead of denying it would throw some stuff to the fire to take advantage on it. Like the recently released Silent Hill merchandise. To have a ton of people talking about Konami stuff is positive for them, and if ends to be just an indie throwing some indirect hints to promote his tiny game won't hurt them.

I've read their denial; it's pretty standard fare... they never said "not even a pitch" lol They say they don't have anything, nor have they announced anything with Kojima. Could mean so many things, much like any vague PR statement.

But remove that, and you still have Kojima talking about how he wants to do a cloud based game.

I'm not an Xbox fanboy BTW. I haven't played anything on an Xbox since like.. I dunno.. MW2?
VGC mentioned: "claimed that it does not “have anything, nor have announced anything, with Kojima or Yu Suzuki”. A pitch is included inside 'anything'.

Then thay add "Asked specifically about the Kojima games pitch, a spokesperson told VGC: “We talk to partners all the time in situations that don’t result in a project or even a proposal. This is very common. Speculating that two parties that speak regularly in this industry leads to proposals or otherwise, is inaccurate.”

Which means they approach many studios (Kojipro may or may not be one of them) to see if they want to publish their games on Stadia, and this doesn't mean they end signing a project or even receiving a pitch. And if Stadia had anything from Kojima, means they didn't even had a pitch.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

VGC mentioned: "claimed that it does not “have anything, nor have announced anything, with Kojima or Yu Suzuki”. A pitch is included inside 'anything'.

Then thay add "Asked specifically about the Kojima games pitch, a spokesperson told VGC: “We talk to partners all the time in situations that don’t result in a project or even a proposal. This is very common. Speculating that two parties that speak regularly in this industry leads to proposals or otherwise, is inaccurate.”

Which means they approach many studios (Kojipro may or may not be one of them) to see if they want to publish their games on Stadia, and this doesn't mean they end signing a project or even receiving a pitch. And if Stadia had anything from Kojima, means they didn't even had a pitch.
"Have" is present tense. You don't "have a pitch" if it happened in the past. Their statement pretty much says "yes we talked to Kojima about making a game."

yurinka

"Have" is present tense. You don't "have a pitch" if it happened in the past. Their statement pretty much says "yes we talked to Kojima about making a game."
I'm not an English native speaker, sorry for the present tense stuff.

They say they may have talked with them, but it doesn't imply they got a pitch. And doesn't imply they were talking about making a game, maybe were talking with him just to explain their platform and business model just in case he may want to publish there potential future games. And pretty likely he told them 'No thanks, at least for a while I'll be working for Sony and they allowed me to port my stuff to PC but without including it on streaming services that compete with their PS Now'.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
No. Do we have any previous example of Konami debunking similar previous crazy random conspiracy theories or rumors? I don't remember a similar case where Konami had to deny similar stuff, if it would be the case then maybe.
You mean like they did it here:

I say people on the teamfake side better start doing some avatar bets, starting now. :messenger_savoring:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Stadia officially debunked that, they said they had nothing from kojima, not even a pitch. The Kojima MS game only exists on Xbox fanboys minds.

We know that after DS PC port Kojima has been working on DS Director's Cut (Sony published, Sony IP PS5 exclusive) and that they got hit hard by Covid so couldn't make a lot of stuff. So pretty likely wasn't able to work on another game. And just in case #teamreal is right and Kojima is involved, Abandoned is also a PS5 exclusive.

Right now I have 2 main theories and not sure in which one I'd bet:
1) #TeamFake
2) #TeamReal, but it's Bluepoint working on Metal Gear instead of Kojima making a new Silent Hill
Honestly I could see option 2 with the sound effect in Demon's souls plus that latest trailer for Death Stranding Director's Cut.

didn't catch up yet, but that phone number talking about a voice mail related to gibson's neuromancer, and the tweet by the author himself, were they discovered by two different posters and debunked?

if the tweet is real, why would gibson tweet about kojima/imaizumi? unless it's not out of character for him to do so.
This is all I found between the two:

IntentionalPun

I'm not an English native speaker, sorry.
No big deal. They seem to be hinting they talked, but saying sort of vaguely "but that doesn't mean there was a deal, or even a proposal."

So no real contract proposed, no deal signed that could be cancelled, etc.

So the reports claiming a game was "cancelled" were likely exaggerated, but they did almost certainly talk to Kojima based on that vague statement, who specifically said in 2019 that he was interested in making a cloud based game.

Kojima could make a cloud based game on his own but it would be difficult; he could do it with Sony too. I'm not saying it's definitely MS or anything, but they have a history of hyping up cloud based games (not just streaming, but one that leverages lots of servers in the cloud), and are hyping xCloud more than Sony is currently hyping PSNow. Amazon much like Google have had issues launching their service, wasting money on games, etc. MS is just the most likely place Kojima could end up getting a cloud based game made.

Or he could not be making a cloud based game at all right now, or lost interest.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
What does a horror movie about being silent out in a hilly wooded area with mysterious monsters have to do with anything?

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Exactly! I feel like we are turning into crazy people. But THAT tweet on THIS day, does seem odd. Like is he playing into it? Does Kojima even know we are talking about him all over the globe?

yurinka

No big deal. They seem to be hinting they talked, but saying sort of vaguely "but that doesn't mean there was a deal, or even a proposal."

So no real contract proposed, no deal signed that could be cancelled, etc.

So the reports claiming a game was "cancelled" were likely exaggerated, but they did almost certainly talk to Kojima based on that vague statement, who specifically said in 2019 that he was interested in making a cloud based game.

Kojima could make a cloud based game on his own but it would be difficult; he could do it with Sony too. I'm not saying it's definitely MS or anything, but they have a history of hyping up cloud based games (not just streaming, but one that leverages lots of servers in the cloud), and are hyping xCloud more than Sony is currently hyping PSNow. Amazon much like Google have had issues launching their service, wasting money on games, etc. MS is just the most likely place Kojima could end up getting a cloud based game made.

Or he could not be making a cloud based game at all right now, or lost interest.
On top of that think DS got good reviews and was profitable, and the PC port too.

Sony must be have been happy with DS because they greenlighted DS Director's Cut and also tried to repeat the "let's pay a 2nd party AAA new IP from the new studio of the leads on XXX mega successful 3rd party IP" 3 times with Raymond, the CoD BO guys and the Destiny guys. Kojima also must be happy with Sony if after DS decided to repeat with them with DS Director's Cut.

Other publishers could offer him a blank check with all the money he may need and creative freedom, but he also gets that from Sony and also proved it with more people while the other ones should prove it. So I think it's pretty difficult to see him signing with someone else.

Go ahead and change it because everything in that post is insane gibberish.
You just have to remember that furloughed/jobless nerds have now had some good time to come up with fake shit. Just need to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Bottom line is that this whole thing has had a number of big game media hitters going out of their way to get involved and put in actual effort. They wouldn't do this for shits and giggles. The only question that remains is whether this whole thing is a huge grift by a nobody indie that got out of hand or its another Kojima troll masterclass. Only time will tell.
Spider Man Surprise GIF

IntentionalPun

Bottom line is that this whole thing has had a number of big game media hitters going out of their way to get involved and put in actual effort. They wouldn't do this for shits and giggles.

It became a hot topic very quickly; if you have to ask yourself why "media" folks would get involved in a popular topic, I'm not sure you understand the media.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
During the Phantom Pain craze there was even interviews with an Italian surgeon claiming that he had successfully performed human head transplant.
Yes, it was just a ruse foreshadowing MGSV plot.

But isn't that Doctor above just a CGI guy? Did people think that dude was a real person?

emivita

Anyone #teamreal and actively investigating has tried to dig deeper into the CREATEQ case? For your reference, check out my previous findings in case you missed it:

I'm just curious to hear your conclusions, and please be serious.

So the theory for teamfake is that a random inexperienced indie dev with a history of totally and utterly failed projects got together with some of his friends and his making a shameless asset flip that somehow earned him the attention of Sony and Geoff. How is that anymore realistic than teamreals theories?
Doesn't require 30-40 different theories to all work together in order to be true. It got the attention of Jeff because of the conspiracy. Sony has promoted terrible games in the past.

So the theory for teamfake is that a random inexperienced indie dev with a history of totally and utterly failed projects got together with some of his friends and his making a shameless asset flip that somehow earned him the attention of Sony and Geoff. How is that anymore realistic than teamreals theories?
Because there is concrete evidence of previous games that they made on steam and old pages of their website from 5 years ago advertising their old games

emivita

Another Idea:
Maybe that video was just an ingame render to show us, how good the graphics/engine are?
Nobody expects them to release a fake or rendered video at this point.

Think about that for a minute..

It could be.

The background is the element that stands out for me. I really can't imagine this guy recording a video with his back leaning on a perfectly uniform and empty wall, and the wall seems so close to him. I don't understand, he was standing? Or sitting on a stool? Maybe they didn't render a tangible background because it would make more obvious, or maybe I'm just flying with my imagination.

And his hair looks fake, by the way.

Because there is concrete evidence of previous games that they made on steam and old pages of their website from 5 years ago advertising their old games
If the conspiracy is real, Kojima hiring a no name indie dev with an actual history online instead of a swedish actor with fake bandages isnt a very big stretch when you look at some of the other hints. He did say he tried to make P.T look like an indie game, So having a Indie Dev front is pretty much the next step lol

#teamAlongfortheRide

tommib

It could be.

The background is the element that stands out for me. I really can't imagine this guy recording a video with his back leaning on a perfectly uniform and empty wall, and the wall seems so close to him. I don't understand, he was standing? Or sitting on a stool? Maybe they didn't render a tangible background because it would make more obvious, or maybe I'm just flying with my imagination.

And his hair looks fake, by the way.
I’m lost in the trolling. Well done, everyone.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Now...................................I'm confused lol
That man is a real neurosurgeon who published peer-reviewed papers about the head transplant thing.

Kojima/Konami may have based the character in MGSV on his likeness, but he was not involved at all with the game.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Hideo Kojima released Metal Gear Solid 2 in 2001. Think about our response to Hasan. Think about the world we live in today. Please watch these videos, especially if you doubt Hideo Kojima.
The Orange Box is from MGS2.

Interesting videos. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom