• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

How the hell did get this far?

Well, screw it. I'm in all the way then.

It's silent hills or i'm changing my dp to Hassan's face.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck

Fun, but yeah, super fake. I used to live in San Antonio and the two zip codes at the time were 210 and 830. Since then they've also adopted 726.

I looked to try and see if the two text bits I remember seeing would line up to at least the area codes:
Kill the trespasser
God's Town
Seems to fall apart immediately.

Especially when you consider 1 and 0 don't map directly to any letters.

fragganaut

Hasan is a great employee.

Also, to keep the tinfoil hat on. This tweet can be used as a metaphor for Silent Hill and Kojima. A Konami IP that Hideo worked on that he had given up on as it didn't fit, now it does fit because of another. #TeamReal
never give up GIF

of the many replies to the Kojima Tweet, this reply seems interesting

and Amar is a sweeeedish name, if google translate is to be trusted :messenger_beaming:

THE:MILKMAN

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

How the hell did get this far?

Well, screw it. I'm in all the way then.

It's silent hills or i'm changing my dp to Hassan's face.

You just have to remember that furloughed/jobless nerds have now had some good time to come up with fake shit. Just need to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Bottom line is that this whole thing has had a number of big game media hitters going out of their way to get involved and put in actual effort. They wouldn't do this for shits and giggles. The only question that remains is whether this whole thing is a huge grift by a nobody indie that got out of hand or its another Kojima troll masterclass. Only time will tell.

cortadew

Welp! Pack it up fellas. Us #TeamReal guys were wrong the whole time. I'm finally jumping off the bandwagon. This is all I was looking for him to do. Now why did he do all this? I have no idea. I wish he burns in hell for this!
I can see Kojima creating a fake country (outer heaven) in order to fool people

SkylineRKR

Dutch mainstream news just picked this drama up.

This is a big paper. Guy certainly got the attention. The guy from Gamer.nl, who interviewed him, again claims he's confident its just a small time developer that probably liked the attention at some point.

Last edited:

tommib

Dutch mainstream news just picked this drama up.

This is a big paper. Guy certainly got the attention. The guy from Gamer.nl, who interviewed him, again claims he's confident its just a small time developer that probably liked the attention at some point.
Game journalist Michel Musters has spoken to Kahraman several times in recent months. He is now convinced that he is just a small game designer, who has nothing to do with the Japanese world star. ,,In interviews he came across as a very ordinary, Dutch boy. I don't think he would be as approachable as he really is an actor."
"He has said before that he finds the attention funny, but also feels pressured. Although I do feel like he's playing the game a little bit, because he's getting extra attention with this. But that has now fallen out of control."

'Gamers are bored to death'​

"Gamers are bored at the moment, which means that they are massively engaged in such a conspiracy theory. We just got out of the lockdowns worldwide and the annual game fair E3 was a bit disappointing." Kahraman's denials, or the fact that his company has been registered with the Chamber of Commerce for five years, no longer matter to some.

MastaKiiLA

What a shitty day I had. Thailand is an amazing country, but staying here legally has to be one of the most stressful things in my life. Just caught up. Skimmed my way into the future. I see Hasan made a Joakim video. Interesting, but we knew his face already. Sees the Nuare Studio Death Stranding page...
49e4b8f1-6b73-4366-b8d8-797efe27e3e7_text.gif

rofif

Banned
Game journalist Michel Musters has spoken to Kahraman several times in recent months. He is now convinced that he is just a small game designer, who has nothing to do with the Japanese world star. ,,In interviews he came across as a very ordinary, Dutch boy. I don't think he would be as approachable as he really is an actor."
"He has said before that he finds the attention funny, but also feels pressured. Although I do feel like he's playing the game a little bit, because he's getting extra attention with this. But that has now fallen out of control."

"Gamers are bored at the moment, which means that they are massively engaged in such a conspiracy theory. We just got out of the lockdowns worldwide and the annual game fair E3 was a bit disappointing." Kahraman's denials, or the fact that his company has been registered with the Chamber of Commerce for five years, no longer matter to some.
Not untrue. Not much great stuff coming out

tommib

One of the "supposed" BB games partners (also worked on Death Stranding), twitted a blue box emoji on the 15th if I'm not mistaken.
Now teamfake is doing some damage control.

Edit: also the video from Hasan was liked by Kojipro.
Wouldn’t the like from Konami be an acknowledgement of, “good boy, stop with your silly suggestions that this is silent hill before we unleash the lawyers”?

Faithless83

Banned
Wouldn’t the like from Konami be an acknowledgement of, “good boy, stop with your silly suggestions that this is silent hill before we unleash the lawyers”?
The like was from Kojima, not Konami.

Konami could just deny it was in production, ending this before it even started.
Yet they are hyping merch.

But that's not weird at all, right? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Sony is silent too about the "supposed shitstorm" that is incoming if this is not Silent Hill related.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
See, it doesn't matter what hasan does. Hes Kojima anyway, Thats why he shouldn't even reveal himself like that.

But yeah its the voice from the earlier convos, and the face from the PSN profile pic. He's a real dutch person. I kinda feel sorry for him, because he can't be part of a Kojima ruse. Not like this and not with his past. Though you could say he's a scammer or at least has a bit of a history with it.

He CREATED the Kojima ruse (if it's all fake). Why feel sorry for him?

MastaKiiLA

I disagree. This is very much a Kojima phenomenon. Many of us remember him pulling this stunt before. I don't care what games were available now, or how normal life was leading up to it. Gamers would still dig into a Kojima mystery. This has gone on this long, because it has been allowed to go on this long. The Abandoned app got delayed. No images or video of the game have been released to provide any visual evidence that this isn't a Silent Hill game. The Hasan interview is no different than the Joakim. Just no head bandages. In both case, it was not Kojima giving the interview. Just a few more days until June 25th. Hasan has a great chance to slow the train down then. I don't expect that he will though. I expect more questions and parallels to SH to come until there is a proper trailer.

I wonder how anyone can believe that this is just a random indie developer. Nothing has explained how they could get a PS blog post although they don’t have any real history. Not only that it is not even a teaser for their game but only a development announcement.

They said they are in contact with Sony for years and Sony got interest in them for their failed Kickstarter? Why should Sony have taken an interest for this project, the pitch seems not be good enough to get some backers.

They are a small developer so I would assume they would put their full concentration on the game, but instead they also made a PS5 app for this revolutionary idea… And then the have to delay it because of localization problems?

There are so many red flags here…

Alebrije

The like was from Kojima, not Konami.

Konami could just deny it was in production, ending this before it even started.
Yet they are hyping merch.

But that's not weird at all, right? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Sony is silent too about the "supposed shitstorm" that is incoming if this is not Silent Hill related.

Yep ...days ago all the publicity was good for Sony and Abandoned developer but it has reached the point of no return....there will be damage even for Sony.

mckmas8808

With the difference that this dude has his head wrapped up in bands and is overreacting xd. I'm not saying all of this is not a ruse, it can be. But if its not Hasan shouldn't get any hate for it. Some people really like to send death letters.

I believe he SHOULD get hate for it (if all of this was lie by him). Consequences matter! It's a law of nature. For every action, they'll be an equal and opposite reaction. If he created a lie that was so big and juicy that it got the whole gaming world to come together to "figure out the clues" (because we all believe it's Kojima making a Konami IP game called Silent Hills), then clearly he should expect a bunch of global hate for being a grifter and a liar.

He can't have it both ways.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I believe he SHOULD get hate for it (if all of this was lie by him). Consequences matter! It's a law of nature. For every action, they'll be an equal and opposite reaction. If he created a lie that was so big and juicy that it got the whole gaming world to come together to "figure out the clues" (because we all believe it's Kojima making a Konami IP game called Silent Hills), then clearly he should expect a bunch of global hate for being a grifter and a liar.

Hate is a pretty strong word. I agree there should be some repercussions like a project failing or being ignored in the future. But not hate or death threats. Hasan had actually delivered on a fun experience already, just not as a video game.

tommib

He might’ve made a stupid mistake with the S________L tease but calling for global hate, I don’t know man. I was totally not apologizing the guy until I put myself in his shoes. He might just be a stoner dev who’s way over his head.

The internet will fall on him that’s for sure but I don’t want the guy to go through a personal hell of death menaces.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

He might’ve made a stupid mistake with the S________L tease but calling for global hate, I don’t know man. I was totally not apologizing the guy until I put myself in his shoes. He might just be a stoner dev who’s way over his head.

The internet will fall on him that’s for sure but I don’t want the guy to go through a personal hell of death menaces.

I'd even say Sony has failed him too then. They could have put this to rest days ago! I'd also blame Geoff Keighly too. If this is all a lie, people like Hasan DESERVE global hate. This type of lying can't be encouraged going forward. ARGs are supposed to be fun, not some fake goose chase to score some clout.

Alebrije

Delayed for localization issues until Friday.
Friday 25...
I'd even say Sony has failed him too then. They could have put this to rest days ago! I'd also blame Geoff Keighly too. If this is all a lie, people like Hasan DESERVE global hate. This type of lying can't be encouraged going forward. ARGs are supposed to be fun, not some fake goose chase to score some clout.

Yep ...Sony just needed to release something like "we and our parthers are focused on our projects and not working with Konami currently."

mckmas8808

Kojima Productions liking Hasan's tweet is just taking this trolling to a whole new level. They know it'll spark more conjecture among the internets :messenger_beaming::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_beaming:

And why do that, instead of putting out an official statement saying they AREN'T working with Hasan? If this isn't Kojima, wouldn't you think he'd be pretty upset by this guy acting like him?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
What a truly miserable bunch of cunts.

As long as it stays light hearted, and we don't descend into anything abusive or nasty, what the hell harm is there in leaving a thread going?

Hell, fuck it:

Hasan! We know you're reading this! Jump on for a chat! :messenger_sunglasses:
As soon as Hasan posted that video like 5 people demanded the thread closed lol.. those who said why were crying about how this must be affecting his mental health.

Faithless83

Banned
As soon as Hasan posted that video like 5 people demanded the thread closed lol.. those who said why were crying about how this must be affecting his mental health.
They live in a bubble, that's why.
They can't handle the pressure of a hug, let alone this.

Also this is a lot more interesting than the baity articles that the so called journos make, this involves work and dedication from the community.

They can't stamp their name on it, that's why they want this to die down.

yurinka

But anyways.. it's the exact same prediction I've been making about Kojima here.

Timeline
- After Death Stranding, Kojima did an interview where he said he was interested in "Cloud Gaming"
- He then was heavily rumored to have a Stadia deal
- It was then heavily rumored that deal fell through when Google decided to not invest in games directly for Stadia
- Then the MS rumors picked up

MS is really the first company to do that corny "use the power of the cloud to make games" shit.. Stadia then ran with it even further.. but have clearly backed off.

It's different than just game streaming.. not that Sony couldn't do it, but I don't think they are eager to jump into doing some cloud-only games. MS on the other hand would be far more eager for multiple reasons, and are the most likely place at this point Kojima would end up if he wants to do a "cloud only game."

It also just fits his focus on "Strands" aka social elements.. if a game is only available in the cloud, and is running on servers that are all in the same DC, he could dream up some cool social aspect for that game. A big ass Kojima MMO of sorts.
Stadia officially debunked that, they said they had nothing from kojima, not even a pitch. The Kojima MS game only exists on Xbox fanboys minds.

We know that after DS PC port Kojima has been working on DS Director's Cut (Sony published, Sony IP PS5 exclusive) and that they got hit hard by Covid so couldn't make a lot of stuff. So pretty likely wasn't able to work on another game. And just in case #teamreal is right and Kojima is involved, Abandoned is also a PS5 exclusive.

Right now I have 2 main theories and not sure in which one I'd bet:
1) #TeamFake
2) #TeamReal, but it's Bluepoint working on Metal Gear instead of Kojima making a new Silent Hill

Last edited:
Top Bottom