• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacramento cop throwing black man to the ground for jaywalking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

How much hate am i going to get if i say something about how it looked like he was sizing him up taking his coat off like that?

(yes its still bullshit, i know)
Listen to the audio. He tells the cop if he was a real man he'd fight him without his gun, or something like that. Right to have the cop lunge at him and start pounding away on him on the ground? I'm gonna say no, but again that's not the right way to hand it either so yeah.

Kadin

The back seat anger part is something else! Traumatizing. WTF.... Over jay walking and intimidation.
It might have been initially but fast forward to like 1:55 or so and turn up the audio.

edit: hehe, you edited your post so I guess you heard it

ColdPizza

Banned
Uh. I would have crossed in the same place. Is he supposed to go down the street however far the crosswalk is and then come all the way back? Can we just eliminate these fucking useless laws and get back to common sense and personal responsibility?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
"If you a real man, you can put your gun away and fight me like a real man"

Yeaaaah, a cop shouldn't be so easily goaded. But man, you're talking about US cops dude. Careful what you wish for.

NBC footage puts those quotes in.

"If you a real man, you can put your gun away and fight me like a real man"

Yeaaaah, a cop shouldn't be so easily goaded. But man, you're talking about US cops dude. Careful what you wish for.

NBC footage puts those quotes in.

What kind of neanderthal are you if you as an officer are goaded into acting like a thug over a jaywalking incident?
Some of these cops are probably on steroids, in addition to being neo-nazis.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
What kind of neanderthal are you if you as an officer are goaded into acting like a thug over a jaywalking incident?
Some of these cops are probably on steroids, in addition to being neo-nazis.

Isn't that what I said?

He's a police officer. He shouldn't be so easily goaded. He shouldn't be provoked at all when that provocation is non-violent.

If I tell a cop "I had sex with your mother", he should be above abusing his power to beat the shit out of me over immature words.

BasicMath

The guy seemed very confrontational early in the video. I completely understand the cop being on his guard and maybe even some of the overreaction initially.

The cop should have never gone as far as he did though. That was fucked up. The guy pretty much wanted out of it and well there's no way you can defend yourself because you'd be attacking a police officer at that point. It's unfair and cowardly for the cop to just continue on and on.

Almost seems like harassment. Just trying to start a fight. Intimidation.

Wonder if there was any "real" crimes going on in Sacramento that the officer could have been attending to.

Putting a nigger in his place was as good a reason as any to get violent.
Here's the boys in blue in New York City, harassing 13-14 year old Black school kids and threatening them with a taser as they walk from school.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZtBfwXQig
"Wanna ride the lightning?"
This is the mentality for America's urban cops. Fuck a "few bad apples."

Here's the boys in blue in New York City, harassing 13-14 year old Black school kids and threatening them with a taser as they walk from school.

Jesus. How do ya'll feel safe knowing these people are your countries 'peace keepers', shit.

Jesus. How do ya'll feel safe knowing these people are your countries 'peace keepers', shit.
They don't act this way toward the dominant society, who either feel comfortably apathetic or (as you see in youtube comments or articulated by right wingers) highly supportive of cops abusing minorities.

Ekdrm2d1

TWTzJ12.gif

They don't act this way toward the dominant society, who either feel comfortably apathetic or (as you see in youtube comments or articulated by right wingers) highly supportive of cops abusing minorities.

Seeing these clips really reinforced the whole being white thing has it kicks with the cops.

I see clips like this and the man shot last year after they attempted to run him over, from my experience the police have been nice to me, hell one time I was jaywalking they just yelled at me on the car speaker.

At least they kicked up security on light rail, I have had two run ins with dudes with a gun, friend saw a dude killed outside at a stop and my fathers roommate when he was in rehab was killed waiting for a train late one night.

This town and our basketball team are just terrible.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Can't say NYPD without saying piece of shit cops.

Derwind

Biggest fucking cowards on the planet, who gets off on asserting dominance to a bunch of unarmed minors?

Only thing that shocks me is that this shit shocks people. We been saying the police do dirt like this. Sad it takes video to prove it to be taken seriously.

Derwind

Only thing that shocks me is that this shit shocks people. We been saying the police do dirt like this. Sad it takes video to prove it to be taken seriously.

True.

I guarantee that there is at least one person on GAF that will see no problem with the conduct of those officers.

Video evidence has done jack shit to stop police brutality.

Kadin

Completely reminded me of the scene in Straight Outta Compton where the cops just tell em to get on the ground for no reason outside their studio. Crazy to still see shit like this happening.

Wow THAT IS SOME FUCKING BULLSHIT.

No way the guy deserved that encounter at all, and the people who point it out damn well know they Jaywalk themselves especially in residential areas.

I was expecting like a city street. This is a neighborhood. I didn't even know there were jaywalking laws for residential streets.

This isn't even jaywalking. He crossed at a 4 way intersection. It's considered an unmarked crosswalk.

So the cop ignored cars failing to yield just to harass this guy.

This is the shit they need to worry about in Sacramento? I didn't realize the crime rate was so low that they need to bust up jaywalking rings.

Slayven

Now here's a likkle truth, open up your eye
While you're checkin' out the boom-bap, check the exercise
Take the word overseer, like a sample
Repeat it very quickly in a crew, for example
Overseer, overseer, overseer, overseer
Officer, officer, officer, officer
Yeah, officer from overseer
You need a little clarity? Check the similarity!
The overseer rode around the plantation
The officer is off, patrollin' all the nation
The overseer could stop you, "What you're doing?"
The officer will pull you over just when he's pursuing
The overseer had the right to get ill
And if you fought back, the overseer had the right to kill
The officer has the right to arrest
And if you fight back they put a hole in your chest
(Woop!) They both ride horses
After 400 years, I've got no choices

I don't understand US law enforcement. Don't get me wrong we have our fair share of racist officers in the UK, but in US it feels like they can get away with murder and do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom