• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred Symbols |OT| PS, I Still Love You

Concern

Jake Johnson Fox GIF by New Girl

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
For reference, this is a VERY pro-Playstation podcast by some very reasonable and smart folks, one of the few places whose voices of concern I'd actually PAY ATTENTION to. These aren't some random shitheels, I think a ton of people particularly game enthusiasts, feel this way.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
If anyone is too young to know. Colin was one of the founders of the biggest gaming podcast (Podcast Beyond!) and known PlayStation fan, this is a clip from Sacred Symbols, arguably the biggest PS podcast.

Not a random youtube clickbait channel.

"future is grim."

Totally not clickbait 😂

The overreaction and hyperbole are real nowadays.

"you can't announce something like PS3 and PS Vita outage through a forum post and an email"

What do you want, a state funeral? A bag of cookies? For goodness' sake, these primadonnas have to overdramatize *everything*

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Whatever bad points Sony has been grilled so far are all valid because they've actually happened.

Xbox's big negative point in 2013 was DRM. Remember all the shit about used games and the submarine guy who cant play games underwater without an internet check. And that didn't even happen as MS pulled it before people bought the system.

fart town usa

Gold Member
stuff like this is why I come to gaf, lol.

OT though, Sony definitely seems a bit lost/egotistical.

I think the most reasonable thing to do is wait until Sony's E3 (whatever it's called). If they don't drop some bombs then I think it's time to worry.

Me personally, I'll get a PS5 at some point because of Ratchet and it's my preferred console for Resident Evil. I don't buy too many modern titles so I'm not the ideal consumer for this but I'm definitely getting pre-PS3 release vibes from Sony. Xbox is definitely more exciting right now in regard to the moves their making.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
stuff like this is why I come to gaf, lol.

OT though, Sony definitely seems a bit lost/egotistical.

I think the most reasonable thing to do is wait until Sony's E3 (whatever it's called). If they don't drop some bombs then I think it's time to worry.

Me personally, I'll get a PS5 at some point because of Ratchet and it's my preferred console for Resident Evil. I don't buy too many modern titles so I'm not the ideal consumer for this but I'm definitely getting pre-PS3 release vibes from Sony. Xbox is definitely more exciting right now in regard to the moves their making.
They dont do E3's anymore. They skipped the last two and arent doing this year's either.

But they do have State of Play videos which come out at random times. So right now, those are their biggest showcase videos.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Yep. Best (record) selling next gen system by a country mile. Only next gen system with exclusives, with many more coming this year. Demand far outstripping supply. A steady stream of massive games coming.

Dire, dire, situation.

The Xbox though. Lots of good press with tons of promises. Never been in that situation with them before. :pie_thinking:

MrSarcastic

Banned
I agree with everything they are saying. Now. Is funny how Colin is using (unconsciously) the same technique that every drama queen uses when they try to justify and validate their opinion-

xbox fanboys looking in every corner of the internet. quick if you have a youtube account just make a video about ps5 and someone will post here. profit
You think Colin is an xbox fanboy?

ummmm....ok..... not saying i agree with him but...xbox fanboy? lol

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Yes, the clip has a clickbaity tittle, their opinions are not. It is a clip from a podcast and not a clip made to sell the the tittle.

I beg to differ. It goes much beyond the title. I watched the clip and goodness, it *drools* overdramatic rhetoric and taking themselves way, way too seriously. It's completely out of touch with the fact that they're talking about a gaming product. I guess Colin's too used to drone on about politics nowadays.

Last edited:

Keihart

I beg to differ. I watched the clip and goodness, it *drools* overdramatic rhetoric and taking themselves way, way too seriously. It's completely out of touch with the fact that they're talking about a gaming product. I guess Colin's too used to drone on about politics nowadays.
To be fair, it's a gaming podcast. IF there is a time to be overdramatic about gaming, that is when i think.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
For reference, this is a VERY pro-Playstation podcast by some very reasonable and smart folks, one of the few places whose voices of concern I'd actually PAY ATTENTION to. These aren't some random shitheels, I think a ton of people particularly game enthusiasts, feel this way.
Gamingbolt (big PS centric youtube channel and website) and IGN both recently did similar videos. This is definitely not a bunch of MS fanboys and angry Sony nerds starting shit up on the message boards.

of course, Sony's marketing is completely silent. God forbid they show their face outside of the two digital conferences they have every year.

Jim Ryan's background is marketing too so he must think that being quiet and let this blow over is a good strategy. And maybe it is, but it's old school thinking that simply doesnt fly in the age of social media. As much as I hate Phil Spencer's decision to double the price of XBL Gold, it was refreshing to see them do a 180 so fast. It just paints a picture of the leadership being completely out of touch with their consumer base.

LOOOOOOOOL What about Nintendo? I mean people wanna baby cry about Sony when they think it's ok to pass for the same exact reasons on Nintendo! How funny is that, thanks for the moment! 😂😂

oooooh what about Nintendo, I'm so concern, will they have games.... will they have after that.... what level of trolling is that!

Oooooh what about Apple, I'm so concern, what about the next iPhone... 😂😂😂

And... Sacred Symbols! Is that for real? They want to be taken seriously? Sacred Symbols! 😂😂

Last edited:

Concern

Fud GIF by Crypto Marketing

Ohhh no, the enemy is saying mean things about my favorite plastic box 🤣🤣

Its the flavor of the week. Are these articles really ruining your enjoyment of your console? If the answer is actually yes, then you need help.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Gamingbolt (big PS centric youtube channel and website)

You mean that same site that clickbaited almost daily for years about the Xbox One's ESRAM asking about it to pretty much any studio janitor they could find?

Gamingbolt has only one focus, and it's whatever gives them clicks, literally at any cost. 😂

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
If anyone is too young to know. Colin was one of the founders of the biggest gaming podcast (Podcast Beyond!) and known PlayStation fan, this is a clip from Sacred Symbols, arguably the biggest PS podcast.

Not a random youtube clickbait channel.
Colin has been around long time and is very well connected. He used to work at IGN. Sacred Symbols is one of the biggest if not the biggest PlayStation podcast. He also part owner of a game development studio.

Not sure why some people are saying he's a nobody. It's not just "another random" podcast.

Kerotan

The billion dollar pr machine rolls on. I'm sure it's so grim Xbox will be outselling Ps5 somewhere between 10 and 20:1 in a few years. Doomed.

Tommi84

And that didn't even happen as MS pulled it before people bought the system.
Ask yourself this. Did MS pulled it because they were nice or because they were grilled to the ground for wanting to have this?

And no. DRM wasn't the only negative point of MS back in those days

I give Sony a pass for at least another couple months until E3 to show us some more. Both of these consoles got booty blasted pretty hard by the pandemic. We know that fucked up the development for games on platforms that every developer was already familiar with.

If E3 passes without some bombs dropped it might be time for Sony fans to wonder wtf is going on. I was originally planning on getting the PS5 sometime this summer, but unless we see some more exclusives I'll just wait another 6 months or so.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Look, even if one wants to acknowledge all these concerned opinions...

Their console sales havent suffered yet. Thats usually the first sign....

I could see if there was some type of metric or proof that things were affecting them.

When we start seeing them actually be effected, then we can revisit these topics.

Right now, they are all one big 'who are you talking to?' meme.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Sony really does feel like MS last gen, I'm sure they will bounce back. I mean no one saw gamepass coming. They just gotta start trying new stuff.

Good to know.

Top Bottom