• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row Demo in stores now!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Fallout-NL said:
They could start with the flimsy feel of the weapons.

Definately, but I was talking in terms of gameplay. GTAIII and GTA:VC had annoying camera angles that didn't work well with shooting guns, GTA:SA fixed this. Hopefully GTAIV makes handling guns better and gives them more life in terms of feel (as you stated)

Razoric

Banned
eshwaaz said:
Sorry, blood puffs only - I've seen several interviews where the Volition rep comments on it directly, as if it was a conscious decision. I still wonder if Volition is still reeling from the heavy editing The Punisher went through to avoid an "AO" rating, and decided to keep it to a minimum in Saint's Row to avoid problems with the ESRB.

Then again, Saint's Row allows you to do multiple kinds of drugs, so who knows.

That is just lame as hell. I'd rather have more gore than drug use, "f*ck" every other word, and stupid things like "Freckle Bitch". I'll still get the game but there is def something missing when you shoot someone point blank or hit them with your car going 90mph and they just fly away like rag dolls with no impact of any sort. Kinda like Mortal Kombat SNES version WITHOUT the sweat even.

Lame.

I want a GTA with Manhunt style gore. Keep the cussing to a minimum, take out the drug use and "funny" satire and just load it up with gore.

Core407

Banned
Razoric said:
That is just lame as hell. I'd rather have more gore than drug use, "f*ck" every other word, and stupid things like "Freckle Bitch". I'll still get the game but there is def something missing when you shoot someone point blank or hit them with your car going 90mph and they just fly away like rag dolls with no impact of any sort. Kinda like Mortal Kombat SNES version WITHOUT the sweat even.

Lame.

I want a GTA with Manhunt style gore. Keep the cussing to a minimum, take out the drug use and "funny" satire and just load it up with gore.

Well since YOU want that, I'm sure the dev's will just scrap what they have and start over.

You think you dont really need gore. But when you finally play a game that has it, you remember how good it is/was. Cause it seems now its sort of a thing of the past.

finally got the demo and the game rocks. The humour is not there like GTA but gameplay is SO MUCH better. the game rocks simple as that. I do miss teh blood splatter tho and i dont like bodies and cars dissapearing after a time :(

Razoric

Banned
methodman said:
I don't think GTA will have manhunt style gore either. Guess you'll never get what you want.

GTA has enough gore to get by (blood pools, head shots, etc) along with actual good humor. It just seems funny a game wanting to push all barriers and be as crude as it possibly can doesnt have blood in it.

neptunes

Kabuki Waq said:
finally got the demo and the game rocks. The humour is not there like GTA but gameplay is SO MUCH better. the game rocks simple as that. I do miss teh blood splatter tho and i dont like bodies and cars dissapearing after a time :(
where about?

Core407

Banned
If you guys didn't know, they're planning on releasing DLCs pretty quickly. In the interivew on the disc, they mention car & clothing packs and new levels.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
yodathesoda said:
Anyone seen it in any newstands yet? The closest videogame store is a 4 hour drive away.
that's where i got my disc. where the hell do you live, btw??

wasting

Banned
THQ and Volition have announced the exact date the demo of Saints Row will hit Xbox Live Marketplace:

"Gamers will be able to get their hands on a single player demo from Saints Row at the beginning of August. The demo is slated to release through Xbox Live Marketplace on August 1st and it will also be available on the Official Xbox Magazine cover DVD"

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11234/Saints-Row-Demo-Dated/

I dont think we've heard anything from Microsoft though..

Top Bottom