• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row: The Third Initiation Station Demo (Character creator)

bathala

Banned
Gowans007 said:
Can 360 users download characters created on a PS3?
never crossed my mind, but I believed so

i think it only downloads the value parameters on the mode then uploads it on ur game.

ksimm

HenryGale said:
First I made Olivia Dunham from FRINGE.

Enjoy. Love this thing. Next up, cast from LOST. Good thing I have Friday off.
Wow I really like this, looks very much like Olivia, good job.

Mdeezy

rszgirl.jpg

other site kept deleting my pic after set time lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Pupi18 said:
Somehow my characters aint linking. :/
Make whatever account your using it on your primary, make sure you hit save at the bottom. The characters will then show up.

Grisby

I kinda want to make a blue or green person just to see how it would play out in the game. Be a riot to see in cutscenes.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Plywood said:
Make whatever account your using it on your primary, make sure you hit save at the bottom. The characters will then show up.

Thats what I have been doing. :/

EYEL1NER

Some of the crazy creations ITT look pretty cool. I would never use them, as I prefer normal looking characters. The crazy-looking people take me out of the game when viewing cutscenes and stuff.
I am really digging that Old Greg though.

I really wish I could make a character that looks like my SR2 guy, but none of them that I try look close.

Ploid 3.0

Hmm something is up with the site. I can't look at my uploaded list and my characters are made private so I can't even look at my full pictures. Hopefully maintenance or something. I updated my she hulk. I wish we could save the characters locally.

Here are my characters.

http://www.saintsrow.com/profile/Ploid

Can someone explain me how can I watch the whole character people make instead of only the face. For example I entered ploid's profile and I see the faces of the characers he created, and the only thing i can do is vote. Theres like a play sign (that i suppose is to see the whole character body) but I cant even press it.

BTW I have already have a linked profile with my steam account, so I dont think thats the problem.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Can someone explain me how can I watch the whole character people make instead of only the face. For example I entered ploid's profile and I see the faces of the characers he created, and the only thing i can do is vote. Theres like a play sign (that i suppose is to see the whole character body) but I cant even press it.

BTW I have already have a linked profile with my steam account, so I dont think thats the problem.

If your Primary linked account (in this case Steam) is the same then you should be able to click on the character's name and see the full size image. Otherwise (if you're not logged on or the linked Primary account is different Steam vs. PSN for eg.) it'll be greyed out.

Similarly, you'll get a 404 if you clicked on the character's direct link profile page and your primary link account is different from the one the character was made for. If you log out however you should be able to see it fine although you obviously cannot add it your queue...

If the intention was to have the characters cross platform compatible then the current community site is utterly broken. Let's not mention the rather useless tagging function as well too (No search box for tags! You have to make your own tags so that you can click on them to search for something similar...). *Sigh* Let's hope THQ/Volition fixes this ASAP.

Ploid 3.0

Someone did a good Sam Jackson on youtube.

017fcbe3c247b962f9853c30531288feee5b41e0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L00JdO1Nl48

This better character customization + share feature is an superb idea. The whole fact we can customize characters for this game is great as is. Wish more games would allow it. Not enough skin type X lead characters in games? Make who you want as lead.

Mass Effect is another that does it. You can enter custom character codes and share them and get exactly what people made.

Edit: He put the formula at the end of the video. You can create him now and save it for when SR3 is out.

Edit: Current highest rated character. I was tempted to vote for it haha.

a56acc7abfe43c256c5534f06d56740c3b2d90c5.jpg

AkuMifune

Banned
Alterna Bruce Wayne

Can you switch between characters at will during the campaign? I'm hoping for a few different setups depending on my mood.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
AkuMifune said:
Alterna Bruce Wayne

Can you switch between characters at will during the campaign? I'm hoping for a few different setups depending on my mood.

in SR2 you can change your character completely (even gender) any time you want, I think it's the same with SRTT

I made a fantastic Frank West last night only to realize I can't connect my system to the internet right now and I lost him forever.

Crushing!

MjFrancis

I will be checking this out tonight. It looks like a bit of fun, and frankly it's a terrific PR move. I had only planned on buying Assassin's Creed and Dodonpachi for the rest of the year, and now I'm considering a romp through Saint's Row.

I only played a bit of the first game when it was released, but GTA: San Andreas is one of my all-time favorites. The aesthetic is improving with the Saint's Row series and it's just as zany and crazy as ever, apparently. I'll mull it over while screwing around with the Initiation Station this evening.

Forkball

Just got it on Steam, it's pretty fun. There are a lot of options and goofy items. The only bad thing is that it keeps saying the connection to the community has timed out. I JUST SPENT 30 MINUTES ON THIS CHARACTER I REFUSE TO HIT ESC.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Forkball said:
Just got it on Steam, it's pretty fun. There are a lot of options and goofy items. The only bad thing is that it keeps saying the connection to the community has timed out. I JUST SPENT 30 MINUTES ON THIS CHARACTER I REFUSE TO HIT ESC.
Jeez, that sucks, keep trying. If you can't get it to work, copy the slider info to a notepad.

Forkball

I got it to work, and it says it uploaded, but I can't find the characters on my account. Does it take a while before they show up on the site?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Forkball said:
I got it to work, and it says it uploaded, but I can't find the characters on my account. Does it take a while before they show up on the site?
Did you make the account primary and hit save?

Ploid 3.0

You have your account (live, psn, or steam) set as primary and saved on the site? Did you check your uploaded tab? If yes for both it probably didn't upload correctly. It seems to take less than 30 seconds to appear on the site. I lost a few characters when trying to upload, and one time nothing would upload until I rebooted the creator.

Forkball

I restarted Steam and uploaded a random character, and all my previous characters also appeared on the site, problem solved! I am going to waste an obscene amount of time with this thing.

So... I guess the service is down right now? I'm on Xbox trying to link or login, keeps telling me try again at a later time.

Fuck. Do I lose my character if I quit without logging in or linking anything?

Ploid 3.0

Teknoman said:
lol you got one, two was supposed to be

http://finalfantasy.cc/dewfish/VII/VII_game/characters/concept_crop/yuffie.jpG]

But they didnt have a sleeveless turtleneck.[/QUOTE]

Figured I might be off on Lara but couldn't tell if she had a pony tail, and figured you put a twist on her light green shirt. I shall make a Lara now with some of the combat gear options.

[QUOTE=xtrasauce]So... I guess the service is down right now? I'm on Xbox trying to link or login, keeps telling me try again at a later time.

Fuck. Do I lose my character if I quit without logging in or linking anything?[/QUOTE]

Probably, better hope you get lucky like another gaffer that couldn't upload and later found out they were in fact saved on the site.

Top Bottom