• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sam Lake: "Video with some QB news coming really soon" + new off-screen pic

Doffen

At some point MS will try to promote DX12 or a new Windows or might need to react to SteamBox or something. I think it has a good chance of releasing on PC, specially if the Xbox One continues on the same path.

People said the same about Halo 3... 6 years ago.

Freeman

Banned
sounds like you really want to play the game. just get an xbox and stop begging
Sounds like you are rude and defensive. I'm interested because its a Remedy game, but I wont pay $400(actually much more than that where I live) to play it. I'm fine if they don't release it for PC, its their choice. At no point I asked for a PC release, just commented on the fact he seems to be playing it on PC and that their last game released on PC like all their other games.

Begaria

At some point MS will try to promote DX12 or a new Windows or might need to react to SteamBox or something. I think it has a good chance of releasing on PC, specially if the Xbox One continues on the same path. Alan Wake sold very well on PC, I doubt Remedy would take another deal where they couldn't release the game on PC, specially after what happened with Alan Wake.

You make a good point. Perhaps QB would make a good demonstration for DX12.

Sounds like you are rude and defensive. I'm interested because its a Remedy game, but I wont pay $400(actually much more than that where I live) to play it. I'm fine if they don't release it for PC, its their choice.

I'd say this has a much smaller chance of seeing a PC release considering the currently known facts about the game. Then again, Microsoft seems to keep reinforcing a commitment to PC gaming quite a bit lately, so I guess nothing would entirely surprise me. Still, with the TV show aspect of it, and the game IP being owned by Microsoft, I perhaps see this being locked up for Xbox One for quite some time.

Dabanton

Interesting news. Now if they confirm a 2015 release date please be feb/march anything later than that would make me a sad bunny.

Sounds like you are rude and defensive. I'm interested because its a Remedy game, but I wont pay $400(actually much more than that where I live) to play it. I'm fine if they don't release it for PC, its their choice. At no point I asked for a PC release, just commented on the fact he seems to be playing it on PC and that their last game released on PC like all their other games.

I'm out.

PC or X1 devkit?

Gestault

At some point MS will try to promote DX12 or a new Windows or might need to react to SteamBox or something. I think it has a good chance of releasing on PC, specially if the Xbox One continues on the same path. Alan Wake sold very well on PC, I doubt Remedy would take another deal where they couldn't release the game on PC, specially after what happened with Alan Wake.

If it's something you really want to play, rationalizing how it will come to some other platform than the one it's being made for seems a roundabout way to do that. (That's not to say everyone must buy a platform for any one game they're interested in, or that its impossible it'll end up being released elsewhere.)

Doffen

I'd say this has a much smaller chance of seeing a PC release considering the currently known facts about the game. Then again, Microsoft seems to keep reinforcing a commitment to PC gaming quite a bit lately, so I guess nothing would entirely surprise me. Still, with the TV show aspect of it, and the game IP being owned by Microsoft, I perhaps see this being locked up for Xbox One for quite some time.

I beleive Microsoft will be more focused on creating "original" games for PC instead of porting Xbox games.

StuBurns

Banned
I think it's very unlikely to come to PC, for lots of reasons, but even if MS does a DX12 push, and they won't, they'd use something without that TV stuff, it's too 'service' like. Fable would be a better candidate.

bidguy

Banned

I'm out.

did you ever think that it could be a devkit ?
smiley-laughing002.gif

frizby

I say yes, and if not, then it's early next year.

Not a chance in hell for 2014. And operationally define "early next year". We talking January-March?

There's more 1080p titles on Xbox One than 792p, so...

Stahhhp it. Are you seriously picking out an obscure resolution to make yourself feel better about your favored console? Are there more 1080p than not-1080p? And if so, iwannaseethereceipts.gif

Edit: NVM, saw the 792p trolling you were indirectly responding to.

frizby

I've still got hopes for 2014.
I'm a irrational person.

For your sake, I hope so too, but two things:

1. They apparently just started full production, which I assume is the stage between pre-production and post-production. source

2. Any news coming out right now is stuff that would be perceived as bad news at E3 (see Halo 5 2015 announcement). You'd have to think that if it were coming this year, they'd save that news for E3.

derFeef

For your sake, I hope so too, but two things:

1. They apparently just started production, which I assume is the stage between pre-production and post-production.

2. Any news coming out right now is stuff that would be perceived as bad news at E3 (see Halo 5 2015 announcement). You'd have to think that if it were coming this year, they'd save that news for E3.

where does this 1. come from anyway? Sam said at E3 last year that they started full production "now"

Doffen

Ntkrnl said Halo 5 next year and Quantum Break Holiday 2014.
Other than that Sunset Overdrive is a 2014 game that just had a media blowout.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
nice pc bullshot too lool not an xbone in sight

Top Bottom