• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung announces the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy Note Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're aware that GPS on just means that it can be used if an app needs it right? it's not just sitting there turned on 24/7. it's only actually 'on' when you see the icon in the notification bar.

Probably a good idea to change Facebook to power saving though. I've had it bug out and keep my GPS on forever. I went from 100% to 60% after 4 or 5 hours in the morning yesterday and it turned out Facebook used 75% of that. I had only checked Facebook once in the morning.

Probably a good idea to change Facebook to power saving though. I've had it bug out and keep my GPS on forever. I went from 100% to 60% after 4 or 5 hours in the morning yesterday and it turned out Facebook used 75% of that. I had only checked Facebook once in the morning.

Facebook? i'm not 55

Entropy912

Neo Member
I want to get this phone I've decided. However, I don't know if I should wait a little bit longer. Would this phone be discounted late Nov/early Dec? If so then I can wait.

I'm thinking the same thing. I read a few articles saying a price drop may be coming for the holiday shopping season.

Raider82

Neo Member
I was going to rock this beauty w/o a case but over the past 5 days since I've had my Note 4 I've noticed some light scratches on the metal band around the phone. They are light and mostly visible in direct light. My phone has only been on my desk and in or in my pocket. I'm hoping the metal band around the phone isn't a scratch magnet. Anyone else notice any light scratches?

Koppai

I am having trouble setting up Visual Voicemail. I tried calling support but they are closed. I didn't have visual voicemail on my previous phone. I followed the prompts and it doesn't do anything to set it up. When I called support already they said I have it on my line and it isn't anything extra but it still won't let me set it up. -_-

Anyone can help me with it?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Has the Note Edge been confirmed for December and if so is there a date? I think I'm going to wait for it.

Lum1n3s

Has the Note Edge been confirmed for December and if so is there a date? I think I'm going to wait for it.

Would definitely like to hear something about it. I keep on hearing that December release date but I haven't seen anything yet to confirm it.

About the notes and galaxies. Does the Note, have the specs of the follow up galaxy?

For example, the Note 2 being internally a GS3, the Note 3 being a GS4. Or is it different?

Sid

Got my Note 4 today, first thing i did was change the look and feel of it, i think Samsung put to much crap on it. Apart from that the phone is amazing.

1Ojs22Tl.jpg
Looks nice,can you share the wallpaper?

Here's the background that I edited and used for my wallpaper: http://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=439625

Enjoy. :)
Thx,how does your homescreen look?

I want to get this phone I've decided. However, I don't know if I should wait a little bit longer. Would this phone be discounted late Nov/early Dec? If so then I can wait.
I guess there could be some BF deals?

About the notes and galaxies. Does the Note, have the specs of the follow up galaxy?

For example, the Note 2 being internally a GS3, the Note 3 being a GS4. Or is it different?
I think that is the case,yes.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Would definitely like to hear something about it. I keep on hearing that December release date but I haven't seen anything yet to confirm it.

I am also waiting on it. It's supposed to be a limited release.

Got my Note 4 yesterday. The BB manger said the $200 was only for contracts. He wouldnt budge. The BB employees tried every work around they could think of but no dice. Eh, ended up just paying the $699. Everything is running bretty good so far!

However, there is an app that I downloaded that is crashing my security settings. I don't know which is it though (go to security settings, force closes).

Xtyle

I got my ATT Note 4 today.

Question: should I return it and get the unlocked international version instead? From what I read, the international version has better/faster CPU and the only downside is it being only 3G in the U.S.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I think you should keep the ATT version. Why would you want 3G only when you can get LTE? And I think since it'll have different bands, your battery life could take a hit with the International version.

Feep

Banned
Got a Note 4 and a final production model Gear VR today! Looking forward to shutting out all humans entirely.

Xtyle

I think you should keep the ATT version. Why would you want 3G only when you can get LTE? And I think since it'll have different bands, your battery life could take a hit with the International version.

Is the LTE much faster?

I think I will keep the ATT too...the only other thing now is that it is bootloader locked...this means I won't be customizing the phone much, if at all, until there is a workaround...the stock interface still isn't bad though

Is the LTE much faster?

I think I will keep the ATT too...the only other thing now is that it is bootloader locked...this means I won't be customizing the phone much, if at all, until there is a workaround...the stock interface still isn't bad though

LTE is fucking lightening. Faster than my home WiFi

Homeboyd

Got this phone today, have a couple questions:

- What's the easiest way to disable background running apps? Saw someone do it in the store but don't remember how.

- Switched from an iPhone and am having issues with ppl trying to send me message who used to send them to me via imessage. I turned imessage off on my phone but it seems like it hasn't taken effect and ppl have to actively select "send as text message" to get around it. Plan to call Apple to remove my number from the imessage system. Any other ideas?

- Any sort of "phone basics" vids I can watch to catch up? Been an iPhone user for a long time.

- Is the default messenger better than hangouts or what do you guys use?

Tell me about launchers pls! Thanks! Love the phone.

Hit the bottom left button to bring up all apps. Hit the pie chart or just swipe them away to quit them.

Change your iTunes password!

Launchers allow more customizing. Icon themes, etc. Nova is the best and has the most features. They run as smooth as ice. But people also like the Google Now launcher. But it doesn't have as many options as Nova.

Hangouts is better

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Still haven't ordered a case.

I need a thin, gel style case with good side protection. I know it's been discussed, but anyone get theirs with any suggestions now?

JambiBum

Still haven't ordered a case.

I need a thin, gel style case with good side protection. I know it's been discussed, but anyone get theirs with any suggestions now?

Diztronic cases are pretty great. It's what I used for my gs3 and it provided plenty of protection. Unfortunately their note 4 cases won't be ready for at least a month though because they had an issue with the placement for the mic holes on first production. I'm stuck using only a screen protector until they are ready.

MultiCore

Got a Note 4 and a final production model Gear VR today! Looking forward to shutting out all humans entirely.
Feep! Where can I get my hands on a gear vr?!

I want one to watch movies on an airplane ride.

Please sir, if I can get one as a normal civilian, I'd be highly interested. (The Oculus apps too, of course.

Zapages

It looks like the media server is draining the battery while I am on wifi.

Also my Wifi always drops every 2 to 5 minutes and re-connects. I don't know why that this is occurring. It never happened on my Galaxy S2.

Any suggestions guys?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Faceless, what's up with the Edge, man? I came back from a long ban and there's still no news about it?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Diztronic cases are pretty great. It's what I used for my gs3 and it provided plenty of protection. Unfortunately their note 4 cases won't be ready for at least a month though because they had an issue with the placement for the mic holes on first production. I'm stuck using only a screen protector until they are ready.

I'll look this one up, thanks!

Also, got a ton of ooh and ahh on my vacation from people taking pictures of me and my wife with this camera. It's one of the best mobile cameras I've ever used, and coupled with the screen on this beauty? <3

antispin

Got this phone today, have a couple questions:

- What's the easiest way to disable background running apps? Saw someone do it in the store but don't remember how.

- Switched from an iPhone and am having issues with ppl trying to send me message who used to send them to me via imessage. I turned imessage off on my phone but it seems like it hasn't taken effect and ppl have to actively select "send as text message" to get around it. Plan to call Apple to remove my number from the imessage system. Any other ideas?

- Any sort of "phone basics" vids I can watch to catch up? Been an iPhone user for a long time.

- Is the default messenger better than hangouts or what do you guys use?

Tell me about launchers pls! Thanks! Love the phone.

On the phone so can't elaborate; I recommend you go through this video.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Unboxing & Review: http://youtu.be/J0N4Jd0Vm4E

Does a good job at outlining the features of the phone and TouchWiz.

Go Nova launcher. Best there is. Otherwise just experiment. There's a lot to play around with! Have fun!

Xtyle

My note 4 seems to drain battery fast. So far I have location data turned off. Is there anything else I can turn off to conserve battery? Act version

Hit the bottom left button to bring up all apps. Hit the pie chart or just swipe them away to quit them.

Change your iTunes password!

Launchers allow more customizing. Icon themes, etc. Nova is the best and has the most features. They run as smooth as ice. But people also like the Google Now launcher. But it doesn't have as many options as Nova.

Hangouts is better

Um Hangouts in its current form for SMS is garbage.

Sid

What do you use? I'm brand new to android.

I don't like the default messenger bc of the small window it gives you to look at the conversation. Can you change the size? Or do you just use something else?
I use Watsapp which is pretty nice TBH

Scarphace

I got my ATT Note 4 today.

Question: should I return it and get the unlocked international version instead? From what I read, the international version has better/faster CPU and the only downside is it being only 3G in the U.S.

People have been saying the international version has terrible battery life

Feep

Banned
Feep! Where can I get my hands on a gear vr?!

I want one to watch movies on an airplane ride.

Please sir, if I can get one as a normal civilian, I'd be highly interested. (The Oculus apps too, of course.
I have no ability to help you here. = (

Using the Gear VR reasonably close to takeoff is hilarious, because if the plane turns, the entire movie theater turns with it = D

Koppai

After using the Note 4 for a few days I have to say this is my most favorite device ever. I have not even experienced a crash or freeze of anything system wide or apps. It loads everything quickly, the screen is so pretty and crisp, the sound is wonderful. It also just looks nice and high class in style while the iPhone has that ugly paint job like the iPad. :<

The only thing I noticed is when I try to take a 16MP camera photo using flash at night it lags and the image ends up blurry if someone is moving a little bit. So far that is my only disappointment but I am not accustomed to taking photos of moving objects at night either lol.

Battery life is amazing and the charger is incredibly fast as well. I think this is definitely the best phone Samsung has ever made :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom