• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Releasing a patch to fix Switch auto Switching

I'm glad Samsung is releasing an update. Auto-switching sounds terrible.

I have an LG B6, and I get a pop-up saying an HDMI device is available randomly. Granted, even that is annoying so I keep my Switch unplugged from the HDMI unless I want to play it on the TV. I really, really hope Nintendo can patch this themselves instead of having every TV manufacturer needing to release an update of their own.

im not the guy but i battle with sound via optical.
i use sonos surround with the soundbar and 2x sonos 1s. it was a mistake to invest in this ball ache of a solution. Sonos is incredible for everything except surround sound, only an optical link on the soundbar and it just coonnects to the TV. that kills surround for switch.

also certain sound types. optical cant handle dolby digital+ either and you need it somehow downconverted to dd

the whole situation is a mess and im really pissed about my investment in sonos surround, system is almosf worthless. which is a shame because for music the system is amazing

When it comes to surround sound, Sonos is way more style over substance. They're fine sounding speakers, and I get the appeal of making them wireless so you don't have to run wires to do surround sound, but man you're paying a huge premium, as I'm sure you're well aware, for something that can't even do lossless audio quality. Man the amount you spend on Sonos to have that config can you get a significantly better sounding setup and still probably pay way less. Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I can't believe that Nintendo still hasn't fixed this. At this point, I fear that the issue cannot be fixed on the Switch. Maybe it's a quirk inherent to its hardware.

LG owner here, and the popup caused by the Switch is super annoying.

jts

...hate me...
I can't believe that Nintendo still hasn't fixed this. At this point, I fear that the issue cannot be fixed on the Switch. Maybe it's a quirk inherent to its hardware.

LG owner here, and the popup caused by the Switch is super annoying.

Do you have the Switch on sleep and it still auto-switches the TV?

Shiggy

- Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode

Update to the latest Switch firmware, perhaps the issue is resolved then.

Top Bottom