• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

They really picked the scenes for the NEP carefully to not spoil this. I honestly thought it wasn't going to happen, that Jack and Ashi would go their separate ways and she wouldn't return until later. Instead it seems Jack has a traveling companion.

The method in which she was converted was also satisfactory.

And it looks like the Scotsman's back next week!

JSevere

yesss I'm here for the Ashi redemption arc. buddy adventure with her and Jack is gonna be fun

Aku and Scotsman next week is gonna be great

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So how many more episodes is it gonna take for them to fuck
soon

yesss I'm here for the Ashi redemption arc. buddy adventure with her and Jack is gonna be fun

Aku and Scotsman next week is gonna be great

Speculation, spoilering it because I dunno whatever:
It looks like maybe he's leading an attack against the citadel, some kinda last-ditch effort.

Depressing prediction time:

No Jack and Ashi next week, just Aku vs Scotsman's army.

Scotsman will die, and he and Jack aren't interacting this season.

Neoxon

The return of the Scotsman is gonna be nuts!

Also, nice to see Ashi finally see the light, plus it beats Jack having to talk to himself.

Xe4

Banned
That makes me think, what if;

Jack never gets his sword back but uses the Scotsman'a sword instead? It's still a magical enchanted sword!
Only Jack's sword can kill Aku. The Scotsman's blade is OP but it's still mortal and no mortal weapon can kill Aku.

Plus, Jack's blade is dope!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Depressing prediction time:

No Jack and Ashi next week, just Aku vs Scotsman's army.

Scotsman will die, and he and Jack aren't interacting this season.

That's what I thought, especially considering the red hair of the tank Drivers. Kind of hoping we see a few more of Jack's allies show up for the assault.

Jocund

There's a lot of reason to write that deer scene, to show their ignorance for example.

I can't see any way where the age difference wouldn't be weird.
Could've written literally anything else for that bit. We already knew they were ignorant.

And Ashi's an adult. Jack hasn't aged a day physically. It's not weird at all.

Seesaw15

Color on point.
4Ib5olJ.png

2gApzjZ.png

mpx8yLo.png

dwcJbq0.png

nPwqorK.png

9H8HYSE.png

FrxrAdU.png

zzJ4oTX.png

1l7Jtb3.png

DeLX6y4.png

18S7hfJ.png

Xe4

Banned
Could've written literally anything else for that bit. We already knew they were ignorant.

And Ashi's an adult. Jack hasn't aged a day physically. It's not weird at all.
We knew they were ignorant, but not that they were that ignorant. Mostly, that was to reinforce that they didn't have a choice even though Jack acted like they did.

Also, Jack is mentally 70, and Ashi is mentally 10. Like the gap there is huge. there are reasons other than physical difference why we think its weird when much older people date much younger ones. The mental difference is the main reason why it's usually not cool.

Color on point.

No lies detected. This episode was gorgeous.

Jocund

We knew they were ignorant, but not that they were that ignorant. Mostly, that was to reinforce that they didn't have a choice even though Jack acted like they did.
I guess we'll have to see; I've seen stranger pairings. I don't think that because Ashi's lived a sheltered life that she's got the mental capacity of a prepubescent. She and the assassins have clearly been educated, just not in "frivolous" things like love and sexual attraction.

10 year olds couldn't track and battle Jack.

She lacks world experience, not intelligence.

Seesaw15

I didn't know people genuinely expected this to happen

I think the people advocating Jack X anyone pairings just want Jack to have an emotional connection with someone since the Scotsman is already married.

Ashii and Jack have enough in common for it to work on paper plus it's not like Jack is asexual or has taken a vow of celibacy.
r0wvfSz.png

rhm4VxB.png

IwDLMmf.png

LotusHD

Banned
I think the people advocating Jack X anyone pairings just want Jack to have an emotional connection with someone since the Scotsman is already married.

Ashii and Jack have enough in common for it to work on paper plus it's not like Jack is asexual or has taken a vow of celibacy.
r0wvfSz.png

rhm4VxB.png

IwDLMmf.png

Eh I guess...

If they do actually decide to have them pursue it, it's one of those things I'd have to see for myself before making any definitive judgments. But as it stands now, I'm not really a fan of the of them becoming intimate like that.

Xe4

Banned

r0wvfSz.png

rhm4VxB.png

IwDLMmf.png
I mean, you can have an emotional connection with somebody without becoming their lover. I dunno, I have a huge aversion to shipping, and I just don't feel like Jack needs a love interest.

Xe4

Banned
Jack was usually a man of few words in the older series, and wouldn't talk all that much. Not complaining, but it's so weird to have him talk so much.

Sure, I thought you were saying the opposite. Jack talked quite a bit comparatively but still not much compared to other shows. it's no more than say an episode featuring the Scotsman.

cntr

Banned
They're not going to pair up Jack and Ashi, jeez. Simply because she's a girl doesn't make it automatically romance.
Jack was usually a man of few words in the older series, and wouldn't talk all that much. Not complaining, but it's so weird to have him talk so much.
He's usually talked this much in the comedy episodes, though he wasn't this snarky

joe2187

Banned

Are you implying that Aku and Jack fucked?...like....what...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom