• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

"You are now ready to use the time portal."

"I'm sorry, but I wish to use the power of the portal for a different purpose."

"And what might that be?"

"I need clothes for my girlfriend."

PixelatedBookake

I didn't like this episode. I feel like the humor didn't really land and the romantic tension between Ashi and Jack just came off as uncomfortable. I feel like Ashi should of been acting the way Jack was acting, and not the other way around. This guy has been alive for a long-ass time. He should not be flustered by human female genitalia imo.

Avixph

I didn't like this episode. I feel like the humor didn't really land and the romantic tension between Ashi and Jack just came off as uncomfortable. I feel like Ashi should of been acting the way Jack was acting, and not the other way around. This guy has been alive for a long-ass time. He should not be flustered by human female genitalia I'm sorry.
Why should Ashi be acting this way? She's practically been naked her whole life.

Slater

Banned
I didn't like this episode. I feel like the humor didn't really land and the romantic tension between Ashi and Jack just came off as uncomfortable. I feel like Ashi should of been acting the way Jack was acting, and not the other way around. This guy has been alive for a long-ass time. He should not be flustered by human female genitalia I'm sorry.

Jack got plenty flustered by FemAku back in the day if you remember my man. Also Lamar has basically said his mind isn't aged fifty years, its (was) lost in ptsd

Xe4

Banned
Well, I'm willing to eat crow. Still not a fan of the relationship. I think it was too rushed and awkward.

Not a fan of this episode. First one I'd actually say I disliked of the whole series. The relationship was wierd, and I strongly disliked the fanservice. Oh well.

He can fight a singing assassin, he can mercilessly kill robots and humans alike, and can sleep with a dire wolf. But he can't take the sight of a human female?

I was against this romance but the way they pulled it was hilarious.

It's going to fall apart the moment they try to put any sort of serious emotional stakes on it, but for the moment I'm for it. Good episode, better then the last couple of ones.

PixelatedBookake

Why should Ashi be acting this way? She's practically been naked her whole life.

I meant the whole "being flustered by emotions" thing. I feel like by now Jack would be more... I dunno how to put it... disciplined, I guess? I just feel like it didn't work. The guy can find love and all, but I just feel like their romance was poorly executed.

Xe4

Banned
feel like this episode should have been scrapped to give more time for the previous episode to breathe, it was okay though
Yeah. If it had just been a standalone horror kind of thing, I would've been a lot more favorable of it. The action was cool, it's just everything else that was...
off.

RRockman

Banned
He can fight a singing assassin, he can mercilessly kill robots and humans alike, and can sleep with a dire wolf. But he can't take the sight of a human female?

yes. thats why jack is jack. It's hilarious when you think about it, He can be gullible and naive at times too, but I wouldn't have him any other way.

I liked this episode because It really felt like one of the older monster of the week episodes from the earlier seasons, where there is a decent amount of tension and goofiness without leaning too far into one territory. When I heard about the new series I thought episodes like this type would be gone forever. Glad I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom