• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 announced for 3DS/Vita in Famitsu magazine

L~A

^

Nah, the very resolution of the pics is a much more evident sign it's not 3DS, even without the buttons, but yeah, no doubt about those screens being from PS Vita!

Hmmm so using Vita as base, looks more or less about the same as SW4 on Vita:
9DvPgA4.jpg
QNL2Ii0.jpg

Wow, I thought the SWC3 pics were up-resed 3DS graphics, but it's actually native Vita...

I had no idea SW4 looked like that on PSV, and it does indeed look close to what we have on SWC3.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Nice to see the Vita is probably the lead platform.

Now to wait to see what on earth makes this different than SW4, lol

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hmmm so using Vita as base, looks more or less about the same as SW4 on Vita:
9DvPgA4.jpg
QNL2Ii0.jpg
I don't think that a leading Vita version would have so bad low res effects, look at SW4 for example:

Anyway musou games graphics on Vita become worse and worse imo, Dynasty Warriors Next is still the best looking musou on Vita
Dynasty-Warriors-Next-2.jpg

dynasty-warriors-next-ps-vita-screenshots-2.jpg

dwn_1.jpg

2012_10_22_154116.jpg

Takao

Banned
Don't judge graphic fidelity based on Famitsu screenshots. They use 1999's image compression technology.

mao2

^

Nah, the very resolution of the pics is a much more evident sign it's not 3DS, even without the buttons, but yeah, no doubt about those screens being from PS Vita!

Wow, I thought the SWC3 pics were up-resed 3DS graphics, but it's actually native Vita...

I had no idea SW4 looked like that on PSV, and it does indeed look close to what we have on SWC3.

Thanks for clearing that up.
ikGJm9w.jpg

Here's what Sengoku Musou Chronicle 2nd on 3DS looked like, in case you've forgotten. :p
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201211/01023737.html

L~A

Some more screenshots from the website, mentions What if scenarios (can anyone translate?).

ol_a.png

ol_b.png

ol_c.png

What If scenarios: what if Yoshimoto Imagawa had surivved the Battle of Okehazama, what if Shingen Takeda had reached the capital. They confirm you'll be able to have 4 characters, though some missions got less playable characters. Looks like there's a Time-Attack mode, which will have some online leaderboards. There's going to be a class system for that mode, and you'll get rewards based on the performance of your class?

crinale

Some more screenshots from the website, mentions What if scenarios (can anyone translate?).

It literally says "what if" scenarios are to be implemented, just as recent Warriors series.
Like, in DW8 if you play as Lu Bu you end up being killed disregarding how well you play (because that's how he died according to the history book), but on second play through there were branches to the scenario where you can survive instead of being killed, ultimately conquering the entire China.

L~A

It literally says "what if" scenarios are to be implemented, just as recent Warriors series.
Like, in DW8 if you play as Lu Bu you end up being killed disregarding how well you play (because that's how he died according to the history book), but on second play through there were branches to the scenario where you can survive instead of being killed, ultimately conquering the entire China.

Great, thanks a bunch.

What about the rest of the page though? The part with the 4 generals is ok, but the end with the classes and stuff really confused me.

crinale

Great, thanks a bunch.

What about the rest of the page though? The part with the 4 generals is ok, but the end with the classes and stuff really confused me.

Yeah the second part is you can switch between 4 characters. The rest reads like this:

- Renbukan mode: This mode is imported from Samurai Warriors expansion that is all-you-can-beat during limited amount of time. (Infinite castle in English version? I'm not so sure..)

- Score ranking: Much more improved that players are to be divided into classes with promotion and demotion chances every week, and high-score rewards are to be determined class by class, giving chances to noobs to be rewarded as well.

L~A

Yeah the second part is you can switch between 4 characters. The rest reads like this:

- Renbukan mode: This mode is imported from Samurai Warriors expansion that is all-you-can-beat during limited amount of time. (Infinite castle in English version? I'm not so sure..)

- Score ranking: Much more improved that players are to be divided into classes with promotion and demotion chances every week, and high-score rewards are to be determined class by class, giving chances to noobs to be rewarded as well.

Thanks, that's very helpful. Gonna add that to the OP asap.

The Vita screens look pretty good, what you would expect for a Vita Musou game.

I am kinda interested in seeing how the 3DS version looks like. While the original Chronicles game wasn't bad, it definitely didn't look that great.

As in the Survival mode from SW2, used to unlock Ranmaru?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah seems like the 3DS is the lead plattform, but for promo shots it makes still sense to show the Vita version with its higher resolution and textures.

L~A

I wish we could get some 3DS screenshots, as I really want to see the bottom screen. There's one on the official website, but it's so small...

Takao

Banned
The character models look okay-ish for Vita, but those environments and effects are clearly 3DS leftovers.

L~A

Since the producer said TK was happy about the sales of SMW1 and 2 on 3DS, wouldn't surprise me if this was in dev. for the 3DS first, then they decided to port it to Vita too since their other releases sold rather decently.

Anyway, I hope we get a trailer soon...

Top Bottom