• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sandy Wexler, starring Adam Sandler. Now on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillEdge

"Why does this movie exist" is the basic question I have after watching this film.

It's so incredibly bland. It's like it only exists to prove that Sandler apparently has an incredibly deep ass pocket of friends in the movie business. I'm convinced this is osme kind of meta commentary on his career as Wexler sucks at his job but he somehow fails upwards in life.
It exists because Adam Sandler has the resources to do whatever he wants like make a movie based loosely off a real person. Wexler and the Tower records guy are real people in the industry. Sandy Wernick manages everyone including Sandler.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
yeah I started watching it and it was his water boy voice,

I dunno I kind of tried to watch more but I couldn't

Dali

It exists because Adam Sandler has the resources to do whatever he wants like make a movie based loosely off a real person. Wexler and the Tower records guy are real people in the industry. Sandy Wernick manages everyone including Sandler.
So is it an inside joke then? Does Wernick really sound like a super Jewish Bobby Boucher?

Also forgot to mention that sad little man Rob Schneider is doing his impression of an Iranian. He's done similar impressions before and all if them were equally hilarious as Adam Sandler and his voices.

Boem

So, eh, holy shit.

This Sandy Wexler promotional clip popped up in my youtube suggestions for some reason. I shouldn't have clicked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBgtlbCSvI0

Is that really his voice during the entire movie? I couldn't possible watch an entire movie like that - I can't even get through that minute and a half clip. Jesus Christ. How is that a good idea?

Somebody in the comments said he sounds just like the real guy the character is based on, so I looked up an interview with him. Sounds nothing like him.

The real guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbxP4R50fU0&

This entire thing is baffling to me.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, if there are enough people to elect Trump there are enough people to make Adam Sandler movies profitable for Netflix.

I've watched a few of them but just don't get it. What is the best Sandler movie for people who don't get it?

What ones have you watched? Personally, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, The Wedding Singer and 50 First Dates are the only Adam Sandler movies I can stomach and of that list Happy Gilmore and 50 First Dates are the only ones I would choose to watch

FTF

Hey, if there are enough people to elect Trump there are enough people to make Adam Sandler movies profitable for Netflix.

I've watched a few of them but just don't get it. What is the best Sandler movie for people who don't get it?

I don't get current Sandler, but he's been good in some good movies: Funny People, Reign Over Me and Punch Drunk Love being the standouts. Not counting the usual older comedies like Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Wedding Singer, etc.

sirap

I thought his previous Netflix movie with David Spade was okay. Certainly better than the trash Hart and Rock starred in.

Slythe

Basically, everyone loves Adam Sandler, I never discovered hate for him until I started reading comments in threads here.

I promise, this is not a GAF-only thing. Adam Sandler ridicule is basically an internet staple at this point, right up there with Nickleback hate.

MC Safety

anyone watching this piece of crap?

I watched it.

I haven't liked many of Sandler's movies and haven't bothered to watch others. But this...

This wasn't awful. It's funny in places and touching in others; one scene made me laugh out loud. Jennifer Hudson is very good as one of Wexler's clients.

Get beyond all the usual Sandler tropes (yes, they're almost all in there), and there are some decent human moments.

It's faint praise, but there was enough there that I watched it all in one sitting without debating whether to turn it off.

I watched it.

I haven't liked many of Sandler's movies and haven't bothered to watch others. But this...

This wasn't awful. It's funny in places and touching in others; one scene made me laugh out loud. Jennifer Hudson is very good as one of Wexler's clients.

Get beyond all the usual Sandler tropes (yes, they're almost all in there), and there are some decent human moments.

It's faint praise, but there was enough there that I watched it all in one sitting without debating whether to turn it off.

Netflix will announce it's the most watched movie of all time next week, the blood is on your hands.

I had it on in the background while I graded some papers. Nothing stood out to me. No laughs or overly offensive moments. It just sort of happened.

hatchx

Banned
I don't know why, but I actually really enjoyed this film. I went it with really low expectations, and just found it....fun. It wasn't laugh out loud funny, but it had silly characters, a good heart, good music and pacing. I found it fun. A great background watch, and honestly, a film I think people will back on better in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom