• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saoirse Ronan Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Looks amusing enough. Seems a little more light hearted than what the Oscars usually jump at, but A24 seems to be getting pretty good at this awards thing.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
On Chesil Beach might be a better thing to bet on.
I don't like sorta 'saccharine coming to age films la Zach Braff," so it might not be for me.
I think the mother character played by Laurie Metcalf would be understated and unrewarded as Greta Gerwig would probably see herself now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On Chesil Beach might be a better thing to bet on.

I'm not so sure now as Lady Bird seems to have struck a very special chord. Odds are that, as much as I'm hoping I'm wrong, Beach won't make it to US theatres in time for nominations, anyway, and I imagine Mary will be her golden ticket for 2019.

Theodoricos

I watched The Way Back yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. It was beautifully shot, and of course Saoirse only made it better. Really liked her scenes with Ed Harris most of all.
I was so sad when she died. Was expecting it but it was still a gut-punch. :(

Can't wait for Lady Bird, hopefully it will be an Oscar contender.

number11

Bought tickets for On Chesil Beach for the London Film Festival. I kinda regret it now lol. Hopefully Saoirse turns up for a Q&A though

JaseC

Bought tickets for On Chesil Beach for the London Film Festival. I kinda regret it now lol. Hopefully Saoirse turns up for a Q&A though

Sweetness in the Belly is supposed to start filming later this month, but it's partially set in England, so if those scenes are actually shot in the UK and that part of the schedule happens to overlap with LFF, it's possible she'll be able to attend the premiere.

Similarly, it's unlikely she'll be at NYFF.

Oh shit, looks pretty damn good.

It received a standing ovation at TIFF, apparently.

Edit: Another day, another new still from Lady Bird:
DJYcUF5UIAAn-Xe.jpg:orig

Edit edit: Focus has picked up international distribution rights to Lady Bird.

Edit edit edit: Yet another Lady Bird still:

Edit^4: Another nice bit of awards buzz.

Edit^5: New Loving Vincent clip.

Edit^6: Lady Bird's US release date has been moved up a week, sort of. It'll now have a limited release on the 3rd.

JaseC

And speaking of On Chesil Beach...

Thank you! Your tickets have been reserved and may be collected from the box office. Details:

BFF17: ON CHESIL BEACH - 01:40 PM, Sun 05 Nov at Luna On SX, Fremantle
1 x PRIVILEGE CARD / CONCESSION - $18.00
Total tickets: 1
Total amount: $18.00

tumblr_ml4j9bwqpo1rmyauarz.gif

Edit: First poster:

number11

On Chesil Beach was ok.. but completely forgettable. One of the few positives about the film though was Saoirse and Billy’s performances.

Also being a couple of feet away from Saoirse was kinda cool haha.

JaseC

LFF interviews:

- Evening Express (article)
- HeyUGuys (video)
- MSN (video)
- ODE (video)
- The Upcoming (video)

She's in London working, apparently, which is how she was able to attend (ODE interview). I wonder if Mary is in the process of wrapping up or it's done and she's just started on Sweetness in the Belly, which is partially set in London and was originally pencilled in for last month.

Edit: "I'm doing [a Scottish accent] right now" (MSN interview) can only mean the former.

Edit edit: She'll be in LA on November 9th for Variety's Screening Series screening of Lady Bird, so I suppose Sweetness won't begin filming anytime soon.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Lady Bird's trailer was so good. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully they bring it over here, but theaters here are pretty bad at bringing indies.

JaseC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom