• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata GDC Awards Tribute

Seeing the tribute just reminds me of that he was merely a man of words, not of actions. Had he acted on what he promised and envisioned, I am sure the company would not face such severe challenges today.

Get out of here, there's no place for this in a tribute thread.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
A lovely tribute to a special, unique human being.

As someone who grew up with Nintendo by my side every step of the way, it's no exaggeration to say a small, innocent part of me died along with Satoru Iwata. I felt the same way when Robin Williams died. I guess it's just a part of growing older.

Celine

I don't like this kind of "fictional" tribute.
It's aimed more to the figure (CEO of Nintendo) than the man (Satoru Iwata).

The man deserves to be remembered though, no doubt about it.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
He was something else. A man of great integrity in a cynical business. Someone who took pride in childlike innocence and the purity of fun for everyone, even as the majority of the industry pushed forward with increasingly complex, more narrow and more exclusive visions.

We miss you Mr. Iwata.

Peltz

I don't like this kind of "fictional" tribute.
It's aimed more to the figure (being CEO of Nintendo) than the man.

The man deserves to be remembered though, no doubt about it.
I sort of understand what you're saying, but Iwata was as much a friendly "character" as he was a real flesh and blood man of many real world accomplishments.

I found it to be tasteful.

Celine

Seeing the tribute just reminds me of that he was merely a man of words, not of actions. Had he acted on what he promised and envisioned, I am sure the company would not face such severe challenges today.
What a stupid statement.
He was a man who spoke words and acted accordingly of what he believe was the best.
Not always his decisions were proven right but he sure did his best for Nintendo.

B33

Banned

The Wii and DS were such great systems with vastly different and simple input devices. They seemed to get it right, they wanted to make games accessible and provide new experiences.

Till today I cannot understand how the 3DS and Wii U happened. Both systems do not make the slightest bit of sense if you listen to what Iwata preached in the years before.

I don't agree and this isn't the place for this discussion.

DMiz

Amazing tribute. Wherever he is, I imagine Iwata is still creating fun ways to interact and play video games there, too.

It's still hard to sometimes read posts that mention 2015 was the "Year of Dreams" when you contemplate that Iwata also tragically passed away during this time.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
この世の外の、私たちの好き響く、岩田-上。

Meesh

That was perfect.

Am I wrong to want Iwata characterized in an upcoming 3ds or WiiU game? NX? Maybe Iwata could be an NPC in Zelda, or the next Kirby?

Pinky

Banned
I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that he's gone.

Same here. At the end, his health deteriorated so rapidly I think it caught many off guard. It was so fast. I'll never forget the before and after pics he took. That after pic is so heart-breaking. You could really see how bad it had gotten. :(

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Such an amazing human being. He has touched in some part every facet of what I truly love about Nintendo. This was a very touching tribute.

Top Bottom