• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogN

imageee.png

fdfdfd.png

Much obliged, mate.

totowhoa

Banned
Crushing. Had my car stolen from me overnight. Had Iwata stolen from me this afternoon. What a day!

Hope he rests in peace, and I hope his family is OK.

I immediately asked the art team if they could come up with something upon hearing the news. That being said, the posts yelling and demanding a logo change have in some cases been extremely rude and inappropriate, and the current Pride logo was intended to run through July to celebrate marriage equality in the United States, which is an important sentiment in its own right. If the art team creates something we're happy with then a special memorial logo may be uploaded. Please remain calm and let us run the site on our own terms, and do no derail the thread around logo change talk, either way. Thanks.

Should be added to the OP!

big_z

Just got home and this is some super sad news. RIP.

Im sure key members at Nintendo have known for a long while that this was coming so that they could prepare. I was worried missing E3 was due to health issues but I could have sworn there was a news story that Iwata got a clean bill of health after his surgery. Am I crazy or did that not happen?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I immediately asked the art team if they could come up with something upon hearing the news. That being said, the posts yelling and demanding a logo change have in some cases been extremely rude and inappropriate, and the current Pride logo was intended to run through July to celebrate marriage equality in the United States, which is an important sentiment in its own right. If the art team creates something we're happy with then a special memorial logo may be uploaded. Please remain calm and let us run the site on our own terms, and do no derail the thread around logo change talk, either way. Thanks.

Great response.

Kallor

Wow. I missed this all day somehow. Really hitting me hard. Somebody Ribbon me please?

Just wow. Thank you for all the great memories and games, Mr Iwata. What a legend.

Scrawnton

I remember Nintendo release the 3DS shortly after my mother passed aaay. This was around the time nintendo would start doing Nintendo Directs and Iwata became the bringer of so much joy whenever I needed it most in my life. I will never forget the awesome moments he brought to me as a person. Rest in peace.

I'm in shock upon hearing Mr. Iwata passed away, he was a great and wonderful man. I'm a fan of Nintendo ever since the NES era and this....just hurts. My condolences to his family and everyone at Nintendo. A sad day. :(

Mononoke

Banned

*hugs*

Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me. I'm stuck in a hotel while traveling for surgery, and won't have access to anything starting tomorrow. I'm really struggling with how to accept this.

I'm really hurting right now. I just want to do something. So thank you for making me this. It's the only way I can show my respects right now.

Arttemis

Wow... I vaguely remember hearing he was sick, but I had no idea his affliction was so severe. This is pretty devastating news.

GopherD

In all aspects of this business where numbers and dollars pervade our every daily move, there are a few people who hold on to the joy of creation. That moment during profiling that things click and you realise with a smile that something magical was on the way. A dev dreams of those moments. Iwata simply made them out of nothing. His smile, energy and effortless portrayal of life in fun, vibrant colour will be that which I take away the most.

For one day, let the colour fade just a little. Tomorrow, let it bloom in full. RIP my friend, from all in the business, you will be missed.

Jesus...I don't even know what to say here (besides the obvious: Rest In Peace).

It was too sudden and far too soon.

Any chance I could get a ribbon too please?

Really sad. Great guy with amazing talent. Feel really sorry for his family, having just lost my Nan to cancer I can imagine how his family must feel. Cancer is the biggest bitch for giving you false hope.

I only hope he knew of the mark he left behind and that he won't be forgotten. Though the fans might not have all bought into the companies latest products, I'd like to think he was aware that the respect for him and his work remained with everyone who was still on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom