• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkscz

CJxIZK5UwAA8zkv.jpg

Awesome, someone did do it.

samar11

The news is across a lot of popular media outlets.Shows how much of an important figure he was in the gaming community. RIP mate!

Chao

My dog jumped into my bed this morning, covered in his own shit, and then proceeded to smear said shit on me. When I ran to the shower I noticed there was no hot water so I had to wash the dog shit on me with ice cold water.

I thought my morning couldn't get worse, but holy fucking shit.

Iwata, rest in peace.

GeNoMe

Labrys

Such a prolific man, and one near and dear to my heart. I haven't taken the news well at all, mostly listening to Smiles and Tears.
I lost my father suddenly/similarly 5 years ago so I guess it kinda hit home. I'll miss all he brought to the company.
Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. As soon as I find my copy of Pokemon Silver I'm devoting a fresh save file to you.

Caayn

Wow, this is one of those threads you know that will eventually appear but still manage to hit you.

Rest in peace mister Satoru Iwata.

Toad.T

Banned
Working on my own little tribute, but I'm asking again because the post was lost in the shuffle, could anyone attach the ribbon (either version) to my avatar?

Erevador

Can't believe it. A legend and just such an essential part of the fabric of this industry. It is hard to imagine him simply being gone.

Terribly, terribly sad.

Etria

So sudden...
It's an abrupt and saddening reminder of the omnipresence of death. Iwata was a visionary, a genuinely fun person, and will be sorely missed during Directs. He went before his time, as many great people do :(
May he truly rest in peace.

Nanashrew

Banned
Hoping to christ this is in someway fake, but this popped up in my Twitter feed this morning - GGers using Iwata's death for weird and pretty sick propaganda campaign against Anita Sarkeesian. Made me feel physically ill. I just..... can't.....

https://twitter.com/srhbutts/status/620464460575027201

https://twitter.com/srhbutts/status/620487870805966849

This is too much...

Unfortunately it's true that some have been using Iwata's death to frame others with fake tweets and posts to spew hate like this. They are disgusting people.

linkboy

Reading all of these posts and seeing how many hearts Iwata has touched really shows me just how much love and passion he put into this community and what he did. It's as if you can tangibly see the love floating out.

I want my son and I to be a part of this magic that this man has helped create. Today, I have decided for sure that when he is old enough I will be investing him into the Nintendo universe and community.

Mr Iwata if you are hearing this, please know that you are not done touching lives. My son will know your work, your love, and I hope you are up there somewhere looking down at us throwing your head back in a laugh because we are having fun doing what you worked so hard to let us have the opportunity to do.

I'm going on leave next month to see my 4yr old son, and he's so excited that's he's going to get to play Mario with daddy.

That's the magic of Nintendo.

We're going to have such a blast with Mario Kart, and 3D World and who knows what else.

Lutherian

I read the news just before taking the bus to work. It was one of my most depressing trip to work. Rest in Peace, Iwata-san.

Could a nice person add my avatar a Iwata ribbon, please ? Thanks in advance.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Was chocked when I read this. Like, what the hell? I knew he'd had some issues, but this was still completely unexpected for me. Very sad. R.I.P.

I wish Nintendo would do a professional documentary about his career that would do his legacy justice, with comments and tidbits by people who worked with him closely.

Sadist

I'm going to miss his enthousiasm and his humor the most actually.

You know, I first saw Iwata during the E3 2005 presentation and he seemed so nice... his English wasn't perfect, but eh, he tried. And over the years we got to see more and more of him. Especially when he introduced the Nintendo Directs and Iwata Asks he became more, well, what's the word, approachable. Sure he was a guy in a suit and he wanted us to buy his products, but he did it with a certain style that made me laugh. You know appearing with a Luigi hat to announce the year of Luigi. Or staring at a bunch of fruit. Or more recently, fighting Reggie Dragonball Z style for a Smash trailer. I'm going to miss that. No more funny spoofs from Iwata. Sigh.

Cancer ruins everything :(

This is insane...

I can't even process this....

He seemed like just a genuine fun caring guy who really cared about video games and the people that made them

R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom