• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live replaces its head writers w/ "Beygency" co-writers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

This makes me suspect that the recent firings were a budget cuts issue. Much like Roman Reigns losing clean, something must have changed to make them willing to finally ditch the remaining part of the Jost era.

http://www.thewrap.com/saturday-night-live-snl-sarah-schneider-chris-kelly-head-writers/

NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” has promoted Sarah Schneider and Chris Kelly as co-head writers for season 42 of the sketch comedy show, TheWrap has learned.

Schneider and Kelly have been responsible for some of the show’s most recently popular sketches, such as “Bern Your Enthusiasm,” featuring Larry David as Bernie Sanders, “Bar Talk” with Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, “The Beygency,” “Back Home Ballers,” and the Emmy-nominated “(Do It On My) Twin Bed.”

NBC declined to comment on whether or not Rob Klein and Bryan Tucker, the co-head writers for season 41, have been ousted and if replacements for Schneider and Kelly on the writing staff have been hired.

A sampling of the pair's sketches: http://splitsider.com/2016/08/snl-promotes-sarah-schneider-and-chris-kelly-to-co-head-writers/

McDougles

Sarah Schneider was p. good on College Humor, and she co-wrote the "Dyke & Fats" sketch, so mite b kewl?

On the other hand, losing a Chapelle Show writer as co-head might not b kewl.

kirblar

Sarah Schneider was p. good on College Humor, and she co-wrote the "Dyke & Fats" sketch, so mite b kewl?

On the other hand, losing a Chapelle Show writer as co-head might not b kewl.
The show was sliding into irellevancy quickly, which is really bad in an election year, their strong suit.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
That they made Bern Your Enthusiasm means more to me. So are they going to cowork Weekend Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom