• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rosie O'Donnell open to portraying Steve Bannon on Saturday Night Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hollywood Reporter said:
After a Politico report claimed Trump was bothered by Sean Spicer being portrayed by a woman (Melissa McCarthy), Twitter users suggested O'Donnell for Bannon.
If Saturday Night Live is looking for its Steve Bannon, Rosie O'Donnell wants them to know she's ready and willing.

"Available — if called I will serve," the actress tweeted, along with three exclamation points, in response to a fan who suggested the actress play the controversial chief strategist to President Donald Trump on the NBC sketch series.

"Alec [Baldwin] has Trump. Melissa has Spice. I would need a few days to prepare. So if called — I will be ready," she replied to another.

This needs to happen. Now. Seriously

Sauce: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rosie-odonnell-wants-play-steve-bannon-snl-972795

SpaceWolf

Banned
"Alec [Baldwin] has Trump. Melissa has Spice. I would need a few days to prepare. So if called — I will be ready,"

This is probably the most bad-ass thing any human being has ever said.

Ithil

Make Trump see Rosie O Donnell in his mind every time he sees Bannon from now on.
There's no one he hates more than Rosie O Donnell.

SerTapTap

They need to get a full female cast to portray the Trump cabinet.

Anything that upsets him is good.

Just came here to say that. These weak little white boys are so fragile, being portrayed by women is the most offensive thing SNL could do to them and they'll never be able to admit why.

mugen812

I wonder if it would have as much impact as McCarthy playing Spicer. Spicer was in the media a lot leading up to it and we got a good sense of his mannerisms. Bannon has stayed out of the limelight for the most part. Either way, I hope this happens.

Dalek

The only thing greater than this happening would be to have a camera on Trumps face when he watches it.

I'm not even joking: this literally needs to happen for the literal sake of the country. If the reports are true, which they almost certainly are, SNL has achieved incredible power via the immense insecurity of Trump et alii and this could be YUGE.

I had said I wanted Rosie to play Trump because nothing would make him more upset.

Her playing Bannon is good too.
But now the two of them could make out in character. Couldn't do that if both were Trump.

yes-yes-yes-o.gif

DO IT DO IT DO IT

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Ohhh man do it. This would be such a huge blow to Bannon's ego. This is a guy who loves getting compared and portrayed as the great villains in fiction whether its Satan or Vadar or what not. Having Rosier portray him is not something he can spin to an image desirable to himself or his followers as of course, these bigoted assholes can't stand women, let alone making fun of them and their image. Go for it SNL!

I wonder if it's being telegraphed too much beforehand. I think part of the impact of the Melissa McCarthy sketch was that there wasn't weeks of anticipation leading up to it. If everyone's expecting this leading up to it so will Trump himself.

Somebody in the Reddit thread about this suggested that Baldwin play Trump watching TV, reacting to Rosie playing Trump on TV. I want that so bad now

Rosie has said some boneheaded things but watching Trump and Bannon have a little shit fit would be too funny.

I don't know Rosie O'Donnell's entire public history, but I don't regard her as an existential threat to the republic, so it's easy to pick sides here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom