• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 38 - Saturdays 11:30PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Kinda bad ep till the puppet skit, that was great. This Ocean guy is pretty bad though. Ah well.

B.K.

Okay... they HAD to have gotten new writers.

You think they have new writers because now they're actually going to have to put some effort into the writing. They can't rely on Kristen Wiig making stupid faces and use a stupid voice for every sketch.

Seth MacFarlane singing, a great Eastwood/Chair fauxmercial, Romney gave me herpres, wild PSY appearing, PTSD puppet and Tekken?

This shit is really good. New writers? Feels more like classic SNL than shitty modern day SNL. Helps that Seth is hosting for sure.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
No my face always looks like this, its like when you pause a video and your making a weird face.

I am liking this weekend update.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What you saw parodied tonight happened to Lochte. He's very photogenic, but he's terrible on camera once he opens his mouth.

did none of the ad executives think of that when they made him the center of the universe? maybe like ehhhhhh let's go back to phelps

BJK

The stuttering Drill Sergeant sounded like something that would have been a 15-sec. cutaway on Family Guy.

(I'm guessing the room didn't write that.)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Ugghhhh Kenan cannot hold a sketch on his own. Where's Kel..

I'm an expert

Shrug his style and voice is kinda meh. I'd rather listen to Mayer play guitar than Ocean hum into an autotuner.

I really really liked this. I didn't have high expectations even though I knew Seth would be decent in some sketches though this exceeded what I expected.

SNL always hits home with political skits for some reason. They did well with Bush, Clinton, and Bush Sr. don't know much about Reagan.

I think things are going to majorly improve now that Kristen Wiig is gone.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Seems like they aren't stretching their jokes too thin. Last season, that would've been a 8 minute sketch.

Grinchy

Banned
Well this was definitely an episode of Saturday Night Live.

Really though it wasn't bad. It definitely had some highlights. I might be in the minority, but I wish the Weekend Update would be more news jokes and less current event characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom