• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live: Season 41 |OT| Starring the Real Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
This sketch would be low budget by The Asylum's standards. That's a great start. 😕
Cecily Strong with purple hair, though, would bang.

Wag

Do the writers ever read their own scripts? Holy shit. You'd think the comedians would say something to them during a read-through. This stuff is painful to watch.

Bgamer90

Banned
Man, the post-weekend update sketches were terrible. The show didn't start off that bad either.

Edit: Found out that they did the same "It's totally awesome when a male student gets raped by hot female teachers!" sketch back in April. Not sure why I thought it was longer than that. Really disgusting.

NYR94

Couldn't watch the last 15 minutes. Just a weak episode. They really did all they could to keep Rousey's roles to a minimum.

NimbusD

Really bad episode from what I caught, meh.

Lmao at Pete Davidson dancing at the end monologue and then turning around and there's no one to hug so he stands there swkwardly. Might gif that later.

NeoROCK

Ronda was awkward and uncomfortable. It's like even when she was supposed to be funny and goofy, she was still trying to look tough.

Almost never watch SNL but figured I'd check it out to see Rousey, caught the 2nd half of the show........I remember why I rarely ever watch these days =/

Was the first half any better?

How many times have they done the teacher/student sex sketch with Pete Davidson at this point? That was at least the second time right?

Jarrod38

Watching #SNL and it looks like @rondarousey still needs help on her standup
https://twitter.com/criscyborg/status/691141535367204864?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

big ander

forever out of step with snl opinions: thought that was one of the better outings this season. I don't really care how technically bad an actor a host is, or think the show is worse when the host is sidelined—I love the full cast getting to try stuff out. incredible oscars so white sketch, good Palin intro, the high school movie pre-tape was elevated from okay to great by Bayer's hilarious performance, Bland Man was a really basic idea that took so many swings with so many cast members it was impossible for it not to get a handful of laughs from me, Beck's rap got properly absurd, he and Kyle's office workers were also enjoyably silly ("Oh, like a bucket"), Kyle's audience member in the monologue was the perfect little touch to seal it as a worthwhile idea. Update consistently good with this duo, Jost's dad thing and Che's continued contempt for Trump work well, I love how dark Willie is—this is a character who actively wants to die and can't even get that right, which is so hilarious. The teacher statutory rape sketch was an awful idea and the resulting bad sketch didn't make any solid case for its own existence, but at least it had the "my man" stuff and the twistedness of the teachers liking Davidson's corniness was actually a little funny. the superheroes and town meeting ones were whatever.

The formula is and has been for a while really tired. Too many sketches follow it. "Here's the joke, here is us beating the joke to death over and over for the course of 5 minutes, and here is the sketch ending with no real pay off or punchline"

Ruken

Banned
Can't wait to see The 1975 on here tonight. I wonder if it will catapult their popularity in the US. The secret will be out of the bag.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ah so there's Kanye West, next week
Melissa McCarthy host, Ghostbusters sneak peek?

NimbusD

Hahah, so expected and so worth it. Bernie sketch is great. Was expecting him to start arguing that it's basically a tie.

Bgamer90

Banned
Honestly didn't know that there was a new episode this week. Thought it was next week. Caught the last half of the Bern Your Ethusiam sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom