• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live: Season 41 |OT| Starring the Real Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodstyle

Just ignore twinturbo2, that dude just really wants to let us know how much he hates Kate McKinnon for some reason.

And if Hillary winning means four more years of McKinnon's impersonation, I'm voting for Ted Cruz.

If Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones don't have better material with the new Ghostbusters, we are all screwed.

Please hand the whole episode to Schumer.

And please stop shoving Kate McKinnon down our throats.

I don't think I laughed more than once at any given Kate McKinnon skit. It's literally the same joke over and over and it tends to get stretched long.

Alec Baldwin? Yes!

Kate McKinnon's Hillary? 😕

Hey, John Cena is in Sisters, right? Can he come out during this sketch and give McKinnon an Attitude Adjustment?

Rousey didn't punch McKinnon in the face. Opportunity lost.

And that's just some of the stuff from this thread! We get it dude, you don't like a popular cast mate. No one has to be impressed with your special opinions. Also, it's pretty ironic how this guy complains about McKinnon being shoved down our throats all the while shoving his negative opinion of her into every post he can make. It's gotten embarrassing.

The weekend update dirty dancing skit, made me laugh like SNL hasn't in a while. Maybe since the The Rock hosted.

Dude was getting it with the dancing/mime stuff, and that swayze wig.... perfect.

McCarthy next week should be interesting.

Someone is going to call Wiig, right?

Or better yet, Wiig and Murray and Aykroyd and Hudson.

Ok, the latter three aren't necessary but I do want a Ghostbusters digital short.

Prompto

Banned
I like Kanye but it's like he had nothing planned to perform so he invited a bunch of his friends on stage and he just came up with the song on the spot.

shanafan

Playing catch-up, but that horror movie audience skit was hilarious. McCarthy's wig made it for me. Just seeing her sitting in the theater was enough for me to lose it, lol

rmt92

Is it just me or is this weekend update longer than normal?

I think it felt longer than usual, but I don't really have anything to back that up. Maybe to get that cameo with the broncos guy. Either way, I think weekend updates has been excellent this year.

I like Kanye but it's like he had nothing planned to perform so he invited a bunch of his friends on stage and he just came up with the song on the spot.
What friends he had there, though! El DeBarge, Kelly Price, The Dream, among others! I mean it was freaking EL DEBARGE singing a bit on SNL!

If you ranked every Kanye snl performance those two songs would be at the bottom. I mean, gaf is losing thier shit for Pablo, but if those songs are indicitive of the album it's going to be here and gone.

Snl hitting those race jokes perfect lately though.

If you ranked every Kanye snl performance those two songs would be at the bottom. I mean, gaf is losing thier shit for Pablo, but if those songs are indicitive of the album it's going to be here and gone.

Snl hitting those race jokes perfect lately though.

worst snl ye performance. and honestly he picked the wrong songs to perform live as well.

now if that was Famous (or Waves) and FML shit would have been amazing. the album version of that choir track is better than the performance indicates though btw. sound was bad.

worst snl ye performance. and honestly he picked the wrong songs to perform live as well.

now if that was Famous (or Waves) and FML shit would have been amazing. the album version of that choir track is better than the performance indicates though btw. sound was bad.
I'm looking forward to hearing the album and glad you said that.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I don't know what it says about me that I find McCarthy's physical/gross-out humor so hilarious, but I was cracking up during that test screening skit.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That Rachel impression was god tier.

Definitely one of the highlights of the episode for me, along with the Beyonce sketch.

I was a little disappointed by the rest of the episode. They had 3/4ths of the new Ghostbusters cast. I sorta expected that to be used more than it was.

Is it just me or are they doing more same day jokes? Maybe to keep things relevant in an election year, but the last couple Weekend Updates have been making jokes about stuff that happened at the debate about 2 hours before the show airs. I like it.

I went back and watched the Larry David episode since I missed it live. Holy shit, episode of the year by far(including 2015). The opening was fantastic, just Larry being Larry and it was perfect. Almost every sketch was hilarious. The shooting range one at the start was just gold with that douchebag character, bern your enthusiasm was great, the women and children first? bit, the Totinos pizza rolls bit, loved it all. Didn't care much for the music act, but otherwise it was the best episode I've seen in a damn long time.

shanafan

Her wig in the movie theater test screening skit was hilarious. Just seeing her wig in the night vision video was funny by itself for me ;)

WOW...Kanye's performances were terrible...almost on par with Sia. I enjoyed his bit in the Kyle Mooney piece though.

Her wig in the movie theater test screening skit was hilarious. Just seeing her wig in the night vision video was funny by itself for me ;)

That was great. Solid episode. Also is it just me or has she lost a lot of weight?

WOW...Kanye's performances were terrible...almost on par with Sia. I enjoyed his bit in the Kyle Mooney piece though.

That was great. Solid episode. Also is it just me or has she lost a lot of weight?

She has. Maybe for the Ghostbusters filming, which just started. My wife thinks she's less funny with the weight loss and I told her that's racist. It's a dumb thing to think either way.

big ander

She has. Maybe for the Ghostbusters filming, which just started. My wife thinks she's less funny with the weight loss and I told her that's racist. It's a dumb thing to think either way.
Ghostbusters principal photography ended in September, actually. I do think she lost weight for it and The Boss though--or, maybe not even "for". She could've just decided to lost the weight while those were filming. I don't think it makes her any less funny but it's not body-shaming to say that being bigger can allow a performer to be funny in specific ways. So can being any other shape

Mariolee

Haven't watched SNL in awhile, but the vibe I've been getting over the last few months is that it really improved? Is this a fiar judgement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom