• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saudi Arabia wants to Head the UN Human Rights Council

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trago

tumblr_m85e8mw00m1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Good one Saudi Arabia, good one.

Saudi Arabia is an awful country, government, law, human rights, and politics wise. This is coming from someone who lived there for 6 years.

I wish more countries just got off their guzzling teet.

Siegcram

Earlier last week, reports emerged that Saudi Arabia, an elected member of the 47-nation Human Rights Council, is actively lobbying for the post of UNHRC head. The kingdom reportedly will bid for the 2016 UNHRC presidency.
1355.gif

Eh, how about no? How the hell can they even be members? Are they members? Or can anyone lobby for leadership or just members?

That council is fucked either way, China, Russia, Israel members of a human rights council.

I'm trying to think of any country that would be perfect for heading up the council, any country without dirty laundry out there?

Probably some scandinavian or nordic country.

Hjod

Banned
Israel has never been a member. Saudi Arabia, Qatar, China, Russia, and Congo are.

Oh, ok. Thanks.

It's like having a neighborhood watch filled with theifs, then you appoint the worst criminal as leader.

Probably some scandinavian or nordic country.

I can only speak for my own country, and our goverment tried to build a weapons factory in Saudi Arabia, and that pissed me off so much that I wouldn't want to nominate ourself atleast.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Simoom

IpsoFacto

I gonna be the asshole here...

What difference does it make? The UNHRC is full of members that don't give a hoot about Human Rights anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom