• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say hello to the funnel cake bacon queso burger: Texas State Fair food finalists.

Jesus Christ, America.
And here I was still flabbergasted at the existence of fried butter.

Oh no...it gets better. At our state fairs....we have cookies by the bucket. BY THE BUCKET!!!

1d342b93d5111d76ca5c3a1c550e77fe.jpg

Those fajita fries and tamale donut look good.

I love cream puffs, but I'm of the mind that frying them would ruin everything I like about them (assuming they're actually decent cream puffs and not just shitty frozen ones).

Cardon

The creation of that funnel cake burger has made me believe in God again. Looks so good as an obvious heart attack inducing food.

What kind of "queso" are we talking about?
This always annoys me when big chain "Mexican restaurants" offer it with no details.
In case you don't know, queso is Spanish for cheese.

Loxley

Jesus Christ, America.
And here I was still flabbergasted at the existence of fried butter.

Stare Fair and Stadium foods represent American cuisine in it's most ludicrous and hilarious. It's basically a requirement that everything be as terrible for you as possible, but at the same time delicious as fuck.

What kind of "queso" are we talking about?
This always annoys me when big chain "Mexican restaurants" offer it with no details.
In case you don't know, queso is Spanish for cheese.

Eh, it's normally cheddar and Monterey Jack if yellow queso or asadero and Monterey Jack if white queso if it's good quality. Otherwise, it's white or yellow American cheese. Not that you can't make good queso with American cheese, you just can't hit the highs of less processed cheese.

JeTmAn81

"Queso" also bothers me since I am familiar with Spanish enough to automatically just translate it into cheese. Do I want some cheese? Well, I guess I always do.

"Queso" also bothers me since I am familiar with Spanish enough to automatically just translate it into cheese. Do I want some cheese? Well, I guess I always do.

Well, the full form is chile con queso though it'd be more apt to say queso con chile most of the time since there's more cheese than chili peppers and spices unless you're talking about Chili's.

JeTmAn81

Well, the full form is chile con queso though it'd be more apt to say queso con chile most of the time since there's more cheese than chili peppers and spices unless you're talking about Chili's.

If there's more words it doesn't bug me as much. I usually don't think of arroz con pollo instantly as chicken with rice.

Simplet

I never understand how americans can eat the same 8 or 9 food items stuffed inside each other or stacked on top of each other over and over and over again and not become insane. Everytime I come in one of these threads the novelty is about pizza crust filled with tiny hamburgers and deep fried with bacon.

That said the tamale donut looks like it could be interesting,even though it probably just tastes like fried grease.

Top Bottom