• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say hello to the funnel cake bacon queso burger: Texas State Fair food finalists.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Oh no...it gets better. At our state fairs....we have cookies by the bucket. BY THE BUCKET!!!

1d342b93d5111d76ca5c3a1c550e77fe.jpg

diabeetus.jpg

Went to the OC state fair afew weeks ago with the wifey and some friends so I got to try out some of the fried stuff. Tastes so good after 5 beers in but I learned a valuable lesson that night...

Between all of us we tried fried Snickers, fried Oreos, fried bacon wrapped pickles, a Krispy Kreme jelly donut with a fried chicken patty and scoop of ice cream in between topped with fruity pebbles, and a Krispy Kreme triple cheese burger...

Now I had to finish most of these items and let me tell you, not regularily eating fried or unhealthy things like this can tear up a stomach. My wife is an amazing cook and she cooks very healthy so maybe I wasn't ready for this but man, I was feeling everything the rest of the day. My stomach was beyond fucked up and my ass was on fire for that whole next day...

I think I am done with fair food for the rest of my life.

Weird, you'd think they would announce the finalists or do this whole thing when the fair is actually open? I don't think it opens for a few more weeks.

Fat Smooth, Fruit Loops, and the Surf and Turf are all getting tried this year. Honestly if you are going to this you go in knowing it's all trash for you, we only go once a year anyway though I've known some peeps who make a weekly thing out of it while it's open.

The Lamp

"Queso" also bothers me since I am familiar with Spanish enough to automatically just translate it into cheese. Do I want some cheese? Well, I guess I always do.

Every Texan knows the difference between colloquial "queso" and cheese.

Queso is always runny and melted, even as it cools close to room temp. It's used for dipping and fillings, and has a strong cheesy flavor.

Camwi

Most of those sound awesome. Usually the MN State Fair has some really interesting new foods, but this year is rather lackluster.

The only really weird new food is:

Cheesy Nacho Corn on the Cob
(Roasted corn on the cob lightly coated with crushed Dorito® corn chips and nacho cheese.)

830-1-6.jpg

Oh no...it gets better. At our state fairs....we have cookies by the bucket. BY THE BUCKET!!!

1d342b93d5111d76ca5c3a1c550e77fe.jpg

Most overrated State Fair food ever.

Oh man, my county fair is called the "Little State Fair" for my state (Ohio), and I wish we got stuff like that. Usually I see things like fried pickles and Oreos.

Top Bottom