• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say Something Positive About A Console or Handheld You Don't Own

Xbox One has Killer Instinct.

OG Xbox made me jealous even when I had a PS2 and GameCube.

Sega Saturn is still a sexy name for a hardware.

SNES is SNES

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The Vita has so much untapped potential that it's really a shame that more developers and publishers haven't jumped on board with it.

Also love how there are already people shitting on other consoles.

VanWinkle

Only current one I don't own is XB1, so...

The fact that it records the moment you got an achievement is awesome
A good arsenal of exclusives and some great looking ones coming up, like Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break
Very broad voice control
Getting great updates all the time
The streaming feature, despite being late, looks top-tier and polished
Kinect has great video and mic quality

Malus

Xbox One:

Controller looks and feels great. And I think it has the longest battery life of the three consoles' controllers by far (unless you count the Pro Controller).

Consoles are a means to an end of being able to play software. Almost every console released ever has had great games, including all the current platforms that I don't own.

Not to be contrary (because I feel like playing Devil's Advocate):

NGage
Tiger game.com
CD-i

I would have said Virtual Boy but then I remembered that Toleroboxer,Wario and Tennis were fun to play.

daveo42

Banned
The DS. It had a lot of really good games on it (that I can now enjoy on my 3DS).

Edit: Since that was previous gen...Wii U - Mario Kart and Smash Bros. look fantastic on the system and are actually enticing me to buy one.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
the Vita has nice specs

the PS4 has nice specs

the XBone looks like my 27 years old Panasonic vcr, which brings me a lot of nostalgia and teary eyes

Goody

The Vita's got a neat library of niche stuff.

If the white PCH-2000 comes to the US, I'm picking one up.

jem0208

PS4 - The blue light on the console is pretty cool.
PS3 - The Last of Us was a really great game.
Wii - Um, it is quite fun to play with a big group?
Wii U - Wind Waker HD has very pretty waves.

Puru

3DS: Will get another just for MH4.
WiiU: W101 was pretty fun from what i tried, also bayonetta 2.
PS4: I'm hyped for the Falcom game and pretty sure it will get a load of japanese niche stuff i like.

The Vita is picking up its US library with its recent announcemets.

The Wii U had games has I would like to play once I own it.

PS4 while it has only a few games I would play, seems to still offer good games with PS plus.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I've had a lot of fun playing Mario Party on the WiiU. It's a great platform to have a good time with friends.

Xbox One - Titanfall looks like a lot of fun. Microsoft has been awesome with updating the system fixing and adding features. The Indie program sounds like it's been pretty great for small developers.

BlackJace

The Xbox One's UI was really nice to use when I tried it at a friend's house.

The PS4's design looks quite nice.

The Wii U's Off-TV play seems like a nice idea.

Roto13

The Wii U doesn't have garbage motion control piece of shit controllers as its primary gimmick.
The Xbox One has a minimalist UI that I appreciate aesthetically.
The PlayStation 4 has an ergonomically fantastic controller.
The PlayStation Vita has a beautiful OLED screen, at least some do.
The Wii and its garbage, piece of shit motion control gimmick is no longer being produced.

Who had "ten posts" in the "How long before someone shits in a positive thread" pool?

Only current one I don't own is XB1, so...

The fact that it records the moment you got an achievement is awesome
A good arsenal of exclusives and some great looking ones coming up, like Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break
Very broad voice control
Getting great updates all the time
The streaming feature, despite being late, looks top-tier and polished
Kinect has great video and mic quality

Some great points here. I really like that the XB1 automatically records video when you get an Achievement. I would love something similar on PS4 for Trophies. The streaming app also sounds better than the one on PS4.

Platy

PS3 has Puppetear
Vita has Tearaway and the original screen was amazing
360 has Splosion Man
PS4 has Towerfall

The Ouya has an alright controller.

The Virtual Boy blinded many of the rich and stupid people from the 90s.

The PSP Go never tempted me to buy it.

Badgerst3

Own ps4. Day one. Great so far.

Xbox One: imagine controller is great and love the Halo series.

Will buy, just lose Kinect and/or price drop $100.

breakfuss

-Wii U offers some delicious looking couch co-op, something I dearly miss in games. :(
-Xbox One has a nifty UI and lovely controller.

XBox One:
- Voice commands have some untapped potential in core games. Now that Kinect is bundled, developers can explore the idea more.
- For some reason, MS has sold or divested most of its' 2nd party studios except Rare. So you need a Bone if you want to play the new Killer Instinct (pretty good). Maybe they will do the same for other Rare franchises.

PS4:
- Best.Controller.Ever
- Best versions of multiplatform titles
- Aggressive Indie support.

Vita:
- Tearaway

XBox 360:
- Struggling here. Umm, good online community?

Mexen

Everything Nintendo's ever released.

Great gameplay mechanics coupled with great plots. JRPGs on Nintendo platforms are some of the best. From Chrono Trigger to Golden Sun to Bravely Default and all the Pokémons in between. Awesomely done.

X-Box Anything - the controllers feel like they were made for passionate hard-core gamers. I like their design, feel and responsiveness.

Top Bottom