• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say Something Positive About A Console or Handheld You Don't Own

PS4 - Infamous SS looks quite stunning visually, I'd have to say it is the only thing that really looks to such a high standard so far on either Xbone or PS4 itself.

Malio

I wish I enjoyed handhelds, cus 3DS and Vita seem to have some great games. But I don't, so I'm fucked.

Kriken

PS4: Your games look nice and I'll need something to play KH3 and Arkham Knight
XB1: Your UI looks pretty good
Vita: Best looking graphics from a handheld, it deserves better

legacyzero

Banned
Xbox One:
Dead Rising 3 looks pretty awesome.
Phil Spencer has now taken the reigns. I like him.

Wii U:
Mario Kart looks pretty sweet. I havn't enjoyed a Mario Kart since MK64

Freeman

Banned
Current gen (I don't own any):
PS4: I like the fact that it is less expensive, more powerful, smaller and looks better than the competition offer. I also am confident Sony will support it well and for a long time as they did with PS1, PS2 and PS3. Since this is the console I'm more inclined to buy I will also say something bad, the lack of PS1 and PS2 compatibility and media capabilities on par with PS3 are what is keeping me from buying it at this moment.

WiiU: I really would like to play Mario 3d Land and some other Nintendo exclusive titles, once I can get one for cheap its will be a cert

Xbox One: MS have improved much compared to their initial plans and they are promising very ambitious things. Quantum Break is made by Remedy that automatically makes me interested (the TV show aspect of it, makes me cautious tho).

Portables(I own both):
3DS:It has very strong titles, developers know how to go around its hardware limitations to deliver great games that work perfectly for a portable(something Sony don't usually get). I didn't have DS so its great to be able to play those games as well.

Vita: Its hardware is great, you can fill the quality. You can get good games without paying much in sales and PS+, the screen is awesome I never felt like it need more resolution or anything, some games running on it are absolutely stunning.

The Dreamcast was a cool party that I wish I was in on. As for last gen and current gen, I couldn't help myself as I got everything.

The Vita is the only portable device I can think of that really feels like a portable console. Everything else feels like a toy, lacks physical buttons, or only exists to stream from other devices.

The Ouya is a real nice idea that I wish had succeeded.

The Amazon Fire TV is the first streaming box to actually prioritize having a standard gamepad and it's about damn time.

The Wii U's current software library absolutely curbstomps the current libraries of the other two 8th generation consoles. Seriously, it's not even close.

Guevara

The Xbox One fitness app looks pretty fun, has good trainers and seems like actually a good use of Kinect. For someone who has seen great results from home workout programs like P90X, this seems really amazing.

Magnus

The XBox One's use of Kinect excites me for gaming. Some of my best times with my 360 were with Kinect. Adventures, Child of Eden, etc.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The WiiU & 3DS have ridiculously good line ups and I really ought to have a set next to my PS4 & Vita.

KORNdoggy

Heh, that's not nice.

Xbox One - the Kinect has some amazing software to back it up.

It's "say something positive" not "say something sarcastic"

Erm...

Xbone has some really straight chamfered edges. That's about as much positivity as i can muster. Lol.

Guevara

The Wii U is surely well-made, and out of a high quality of plastic. It's neat that you can use it even without a tv or monitor.

Melchiah

Megadrive
Loved some of its arcade games when I was a kid. Luckily few, like Altered Beast, were also available for Amiga. Bought it on PSN a while ago, and it hadn't aged well.

Xbox
Halo was pretty good. I played it through on PC, two times. Ran like shit on my 9700 Pro though.

Left 4 Dead & Trials HD seemed like fun, when I played them on my friends' systems.

EDIT: Vita
WipEout 2048 looks amazing, and it's the main reason (along with the dozen PS+ games I already have for it) why I sometimes think about getting the system, if it goes cheaper.

Wii U
I'd love to play Zombie U.

XB1
D4 and Quantum Break look interesting.

PS4 has an amazing developer support and will be the best gaming platform this gen.
PCs are the cheapest and most versatile way to gaming
3DS has pokemon
WiiU will have X and Smash.

Dezzy

Amiga looks like it had lots of amazing games. I never owned one, but I wish I did.
(Yes, not technically a console...)

BPoole

Xbox One: it plays Halo, although after 343i's work on Halo 4, that doesn't mean as much as it used to.

Wii U: Its getting Bayonetta 2, which upsets me since I loved the first Bayonetta and there is no way I can justify buying a Wii U just for that game.

Vita: Seems like an awesome handheld, I'm just not interested in handhelds.

I'm very close to buying a PS3 for the back catalog (just have to finish saving up for it).

Microsoft really turned Xbox One around.

PS4 is the most intriguing new console this gen (but I can't afford to be a proper adopter yet). =(

I think Tearaway is really neat.

TheBear

Sega CD - Has that Nightmare game which looks super cheesy and awesome
NGage - Has Sidetalkin' which is infinitely better then front talkin'
Virtual Boy - I really want to play Teleroboxer and Wario Land in all its virtual glory
Xbone - Has Dead Rising 3 which is all I need
PS4 - Destined to be the platform of choice for all my console needs

Oersted

Many posts here are still jabs in consolewarrior-mode.

Its quite amazing how decent Xbox 360s online is, almost 9 years later.

Top Bottom