• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Pat: "I really need to find a health item, I'm really low"
Matt: "But you have two?"
Pat: "yeah but I don't want to use those until I really need to."

???????

Item hoarding is bad folks.

Sou Da

???????

He's not going to make any health items is he? He's going to actually going to try and use herbs.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Don't let it set in

Ha! I just listened to that part on the way back to the store. I was cackling at all the existential talk.

Also come on guys? Pat plays RE games all the time. He's going to try and combine them eventually because who just eats a raw fucking herb?

???????

Tell me about it, I had both of the most powerful weapons in the game including the one you have to spend currency on and by the time the credits rolled I realized I forgot to use them even once

Also I kept trying to do the RE4 method of combining by moving items over each other and got frustrated when it didn't work repeatedly. And (spoilered for extreme embarassment)
I also didn't even notice there was a separate combine screen until I was almost done with the game...

Sou Da

Tell me about it, I had both of the most powerful weapons in the game including the one you have to spend currency on and by the time the credits rolled I realized I forgot to use them even once

Also I kept trying to do the RE4 method of combining by moving items over each other and got frustrated when it didn't work repeatedly. And (spoilered for extreme embarassment)
I also didn't even notice there was a separate combine screen until I was almost done with the game...

1. HOW?

2. Never record footage of you playing video games.

Doesn't it glow super brightly?

Yeah but my eyes always glaze over the apparently obvious stuff

1. HOW?

2. Never record footage of you playing video games.

1. I was expecting the game to pull an RE4 and
have a vast new area to explore. The game ended waaayyyy quicker at that point than I expected. And the final boss was more of a set piece than an actual fight. Lemme tell you if I knew beforehand that the two Fat Molded were the de facto pinnacle battle of the game...

2. Aww man that's why noone watches my Steam Broadcasts :[

Maybe because I'm not a hip techno wiz kid but I'm half convinced you two are just making up this so called "Steam Broadcast"

We swear it's real my little viewer tick even said "1" once...!

Strimei

RE7 part 3:
I fucking love Jack's battle. There's something about a gleefully psychotic down-on-the-bayou hillbilly that I love.

Xux

Oh man, Matt laughing at the
Yakuza Base

It's not quite the
X-Files Base
but it still warms my heart.

Fat4all

Banned
Oh my god Matt wasn't kidding about the Funko Pop Laura Palmer figure.

fucking hell

laurapalmer.jpg

aflaura.jpg

Sou Da

I really appreciate the "Skip Intro" button.

I'm guessing that's Billy's doing.

couldn't shave off some precious minutes of repeated cutscenes though.

EDIT: I just realized, why would Ethan think that the deputy wouldn't believe him in this high science fiction world of superpowered zombie outbreaks?

Anung

Un Rama
It's quite impressive how they looked everywhere except where the keys were lol got me shouting at the screen every time the marker came on screen.

dan2026

Them pronouncing Hunter X Hunter as 'Hunter ecks Hunter' is triggering me.

It's just 'Hunter Hunter' dammit.
The X is silent!

I'm calm now.

kewlmyc

I always called it "Hunter Ecks Hunter". I also occasionally call it "Hunter Cross Hunter" when trying to sound correct. I'm part of the problem.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
It's okay Dan2026. Usually when there is an X in the title there, it means that its a romantic pairing between the two characters, and usually a sexual one at that., where the first hunter is the more dominant one, and the second the less dominant. It's okay, I remember when I used to be new to anime too.

I just call it Hunter Squared. We have exponential notation for a reason, people!

Unless Hunters are matrices, but let's not get into quaternions and shit.

Anung

Un Rama
Christ, the guys don't even try to tweet about the live podcast recordings anymore.

They sure as hell are good at keeping everyone up to date on their own personal streams. Sign of the times?

Hell i'm suprised as hell Pat has took to streaming this hard.

Edzi

They sure as hell are good at keeping everyone up to date on their own personal streams. Sign of the times?

Hell i'm suprised as hell Pat has took to streaming this hard.

I was literally about to post this before I decided I probably shouldn't.

Tbh, I'm not sure the channel is going to be around in a year or so. On one hand, they just got a new office and hired Billy to do some real editing work. On the other hand, quality has taken a sharp decline over the last couple years in favor of low effort content, Pat is focusing on and putting more effort into his streams than he ever seemed to on the channel, Matt has been vacationing again at a time where he arguably needed to step up the most, and Liam left to do his own thing which is something I see Woolie doing as well.

My only hope is that the podcast persists, which it very well might since it's Woolie's baby and he seems like the one who cares the most about what he's doing.

Edzi

Woolie tweeted something about it last night.

Just check the subreddit. They post everything there.

I think the point is that they're not even trying to (consistently) promote themselves to get more people to view their content. Posting something a day before and then only updating the small reddit community isn't really the best way to get people into your stuff.

Top Bottom